September 24, 2018, 05:16:53 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 14941 times)

December 24, 2017, 04:59:19 PM
Reply #510

Lxxx

Open play?

Yeh I reckon think so. Confidence is high and if he stays fit then he'll be at the heart of everything we do attacking-wise. 

December 24, 2017, 05:13:27 PM
Reply #511

Rodenplav64

Yeah we never had disagreements about style of play when Moyes was here, or Martinez or Koeman. It's definitely a completely new thing.

My main gripe with Koeman was he didn't seem to have a style or a game plan and we looked like headless chickens . I loved that we beat Chelsea fairly and squarely under Martinez but they humiliated us twice under Koeman . Because of that I am quite happy with yesterdays result . The Allardyce appointment didn't exactly inspire me but I will get behind him and the team as that is what we at least now resemble , a team . If players like Martina lack a bit of ability but play to the max of the ability they do have then hats of to defensive organisation until we can get our better players back or new ones in .

December 24, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Reply #512

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'll say this about Sam Allardyce....he's not Ronald
Koeman, and anyone who isn't Ronald koeman is already better than Ronald koeman

December 24, 2017, 05:44:58 PM
Reply #513

blue1948

Your position is Really sad ,
I couldn’t stand Moyes and I got lots of stick on forums including being banned from blue kipper and toffeeweb for criticising him, but I still supported the club 100%

Everyone should be judged on results , not hearsay

If we win a trophy, that is all that matters
Who did I criticise ?

December 24, 2017, 05:52:59 PM
Reply #514

Ross

I can’t understand how someone hates Moyes to the point of being banned from other forums yet turns out to be a massive disciple of Allardyce.

Oh hang on I think I’ve just figured it out!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 24, 2017, 05:54:50 PM
Reply #515

Macca77

Horrible football to watch right now, yes we're getting results but we can't continue to just hoof it anywhere all the time, hes sort of said that himself, i still don't want him here, but let's see where we are when we have players back from injury and maybe a few new faces in next month.

December 24, 2017, 05:55:16 PM
Reply #516

blue1948

Just a word on my thoughts .I am behind Big Sam for the sole reason that he just might bring the cup to Goodison,it would be so nice to get a trophy before she is retired .I respect his knowledge and experience ,something that  has pleasantly surprised me .I think he is a more than competent manager who has the job of his life and I wish him luck and every success .He just isn't the one for me .

December 24, 2017, 05:58:31 PM
Reply #517

Bally

Administrator
I'll say this about Sam Allardyce....he's not Ronald
Koeman, and anyone who isn't Ronald koeman is already better than Ronald koeman
Except Martinez... Deffo not him
It's the roll I way

December 24, 2017, 05:59:12 PM
Reply #518

sirblue57

Moyes stayed too long. Not his fault he was offered the biggest contracts of his life though.

He steadied us and moved us forward from where we were. He should have been a springboard but the board had no money.

His football went from the sublime to ridiculous though and playing two up top was swearing at him. He hated "showboating" as he called it (schooling the arsenal midfield as we called it) and let his ego swell - again though, not his fault people fawned over him despite his shortcomings.

Did well with what he had, but showed at United that "what he had" was actually his level. A level we should have moved on from in 2010

Sorry but have to disagree with some of that. Look at his tenure without prejudice.
His first "5 year plan" was immense. Did so much right. The next phase did not happen because the funding was not there, and continual failure to provide this did not help. Imo, he should have walked then , it would have shown the board and its failings in all its forms. But he was to honourable maybe.
And his friendship with Bill was ultimately his biggest flaw, he was on a hiding to nothing eventually. Man U was the wrong club at the wrong time, no one would have succeeded after AF.
Wether you like it or not, we owe him more than we owe the board at the time. And it's time for the snide comments and childish stuff about him to stop.
He deserves better...and we ARE better than that. We treated Shankley with respect. Let's thank DM for his input and.move on.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 24, 2017, 06:06:04 PM
Reply #519

sirblue57

And as for showboating..look at his reaction to Osman v Larissa, or Pienaar v Arsenal. There are others but i feel that is enough.
But if not, look how he almost purred about Yakubu sending two defenders "for a pie and a bovril" Iirc.   Yeah, but he didn't like showboating.....

December 25, 2017, 02:51:15 PM
Reply #520

therealdunc

Sorry but have to disagree with some of that. Look at his tenure without prejudice.
His first "5 year plan" was immense. Did so much right. The next phase did not happen because the funding was not there, and continual failure to provide this did not help. Imo, he should have walked then , it would have shown the board and its failings in all its forms. But he was to honourable maybe.
And his friendship with Bill was ultimately his biggest flaw, he was on a hiding to nothing eventually. Man U was the wrong club at the wrong time, no one would have succeeded after AF.
Wether you like it or not, we owe him more than we owe the board at the time. And it's time for the snide comments and childish stuff about him to stop.
He deserves better...and we ARE better than that. We treated Shankley with respect. Let's thank DM for his input and.move on.

Shankly won trophy’s

Moyes was negative, predictable and too scared to try and win games

One crap over rated manager who has been found out

Someone who never takes responsibilty for his failings

Blue

December 25, 2017, 06:24:30 PM
Reply #521

sirblue57

Shankly won trophy’s

Moyes was negative, predictable and too scared to try and win games

One crap over rated manager who has been found out

Someone who never takes responsibilty for his failings

Well that was a well thought out and informative response....

December 26, 2017, 11:11:07 PM
Reply #522

montanatoffeefan

Think the issue right now is what a massive gap formed early this season between Everton and a competent football team that can defend or attack, much less effectively mix the two.

We were not some elite squad when Alardyce came in. We were a shambles, a rehab project that is now progressing nicely. Shoring up the defense has been the first part of it. Being able to hold Chelsea scoreless and earn a draw qualifies as a minor miracle considering where we were a couple months back.

The bigger miracles like being able to go out to beat top teams like Chelsea will take a while longer to develop. Though at this rate, we could well be doing it by spring.

Shut out by the Saggies today...okay, I get it--we have a real problem in attack.
Everton forever.