October 18, 2018, 03:07:41 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea Monday 8PM  (Read 18530 times)

December 19, 2017, 05:33:42 AM
Reply #555

everton1952

Wrong selection in the first half with two defensive midfielders against a shite Swansea. Sam was totally honest when he criticised the awful first half display and praised the crowd for their patience. I don't know if the crowd was frozen into silence or bored.  All changed early in second half especially when Davies came on and added energy and directness. Felt sorry for Sandro who must regard this weather with horror and came on for about 4 or 5 minutes hardly touching the ball. Fella behind me said this is the worst Everton football side he has seen in years and wasn't worth his trip from Bolton. Well we might not be pretty to watch, but so far it is effective, and it is onwards and upwards with Big Sam. After our terrible start to the season, you can't complain considering the recent results.  No complaints from me except for the near frostbite.

December 19, 2017, 05:47:26 AM
Reply #556

Bwana

Right. These are before I've seen any replays.

0-1 Da f Williams (I'm sorry to say this again).
1-1 Park End, didn't see it clearly. Inside/outside.
2-1 Gylfi is waking up
3-1 Soft

Street End was sucking in the goals. I dunno if I ever see Goodison again (tried to do it every season but...) so if that's the case: Thank you.

Edit: "But that's just a building"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:53:52 AM by Bwana »
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

December 19, 2017, 06:14:28 AM
Reply #557

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta swerve this Schneiderlin Gana thing itís just not clicking.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 19, 2017, 06:51:21 AM
Reply #558

Mayor Farnum

Wrong selection in the first half with two defensive midfielders against a shite Swansea. Sam was totally honest when he criticised the awful first half display and praised the crowd for their patience. I don't know if the crowd was frozen into silence or bored.  All changed early in second half especially when Davies came on and added energy and directness. Felt sorry for Sandro who must regard this weather with horror and came on for about 4 or 5 minutes hardly touching the ball. Fella behind me said this is the worst Everton football side he has seen in years and wasn't worth his trip from Bolton. Well we might not be pretty to watch, but so far it is effective, and it is onwards and upwards with Big Sam. After our terrible start to the season, you can't complain considering the recent results.  No complaints from me except for the near frostbite.

Yes well we've been spoiled these last thirty years though haven't we.

December 19, 2017, 07:11:11 AM
Reply #559

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Particularly one half of that partnership
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 19, 2017, 07:33:35 AM
Reply #560

mikey_blue

kennyīs been our best player since sam has come in. wonder if thereīs anything in that. probably not. heīs a smashing footballer though. seems like a good lad too. hope he goes on to be a hero here. heīs certainly good enough.

Iím amazed at how well he defends the far post on crosses. He always seems to get there just in time to head to safety. Certainly standing up and being counted.

December 19, 2017, 10:49:23 AM
Reply #561

blue1948

Great to get a win but as said before not so pretty to watch,loving it with the kids tho' and can't see why Seamus should be rushed back at all .
He is 29 now I think and if he gets back up to speed great but we have no need to push him too early ,what kind of message does that send out ?
I don't like the way we play but I like the way Sam is keeping the same side as a kind of loyalty /common sense thing ,that I think gives more incentive
for getting in the team ,thinking well if I get in I will be staying as long as I play well. The hint that there will be no signing in January could just be a ploy
so we don't get shafted too badly .I feel DCL is getting better by the game ,if only he had a harder shot ,he seems to try to be sure if even half chances but no complaints  really.

December 19, 2017, 11:09:31 AM
Reply #562

KoemansNumberTens

Tonight was his weakest performance since Big Sam arrived.

I didn't mean the game. I meant after the pen he started playing well. Last 20 minutes

December 19, 2017, 01:45:57 PM
Reply #563

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some truly horrible hoofball though
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 19, 2017, 01:53:24 PM
Reply #564

therealdunc

Really good for Sam to acknowledge our first half display with the ball wasnít good enough.

Tonight was an improvement over the Liverpool game IMO, we played it more although Rooney let us down with his passing which was off.

Good 3 points
Blue

December 19, 2017, 02:04:01 PM
Reply #565

Macca77

Some truly horrible hoofball though

Yep, not liking that at all

December 19, 2017, 02:11:58 PM
Reply #566

Heisenberg

Up the big Sam shithouse hoofball winning blues

December 19, 2017, 02:31:58 PM
Reply #567

Fynci

I'd actually prefer us to try out Gana / Klaassen rather than stick with what is not working.

December 19, 2017, 02:43:05 PM
Reply #568

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It really doesnít need to be pretty at the moment as long as itís effective. I donít think any more could really have been asked of Sam from when he came in. The players are slowly getting their confidence back and I thought once Davies came on last night, the team became a lot more fluid.

A big chunk of the team last night improved as the game went on. Rooney seemed to really struggle to even make a simple pass for the first hour but was much better once he had netted his pen

Holgate seemed a lot more comfortable on the ball in the second half, after some terrible distribution early on

Gana as well strolled through the 2nd half after struggling a bit in the first

The Davies/Schneiderlin sub was key as it allowed the midfield to operate properly. Schneiderlinís confidence is rock bottom at the moment and I donít think he knows what his role is. If all he does is sit and protect the defence then thatís fine, but he doesnít stay in that position ready to stop anyone roaming through the centre. He seems to have stopped playing the ball forward, so seems to slow down the play. Also if we are playing a midfield 3 where the idea is that Rooney will be the one to get on the ball and dictate the play from deep, then we need 2 players alongside him full of energy. MS does not appear to have that about his game at the moment. Davies made us click when he came on, but he still isnít the perfect solution to be starting as his form has fluctuated quite a bit this season

For me the tirelessness and hard work of 3 players last night was ultimately what had us set up to win that game and they were Jonjoe Kenny, Aaron Lennon and Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Lennon in the first half particularly really showed his desire to raise the level of the team, chased everything and didnít give them a moments peace. Won the pen and also showed inventiveness when he nutmegged his man and got his shot away. People sometimes moan about his lack of quality but when there is just so much commitment from him, he really canít be left out the side. He has been essential in getting us out of trouble. Sets such a good example

The 2 youngsters have been monstrous this season. Dom is starting to lead the line really well. Used his pace to good effect last night and was really quick thinking of him to slot the rebound away, in the right place at the right time. He gives everything for the cause, heís not perfect but you can see how heís progressed from last season by getting game time

Some total whopper sitting by me at the match slated Jonjoe Kenny throughout the game. Said heís a clown and that all his passes are aimless and that he canít defend. Also that the only player worse in the side is Cuco

I disagree with all of that. I think he has been superb since he broke into the side. Puts his body on the line and also offers a good option going forward and shows real commitment. I think he is going to be a hero in royal blue for years to come, and is probably the form player in the team

Quick word on Cuco too, I think he is doing absoloutely fine in there

Overall it didnít start off pretty last night but it was a good win that we worked hard for. Sam has to be given a lot of praise for how he has started. Heís picked up a lot of points without us really playing well. Did people think another manager would have come in and not only got the same amount of points but played a brand of free flowing football while at the same time being as defensively solid, with a group of players so low on confidence?

Weíve now got only 1 point less then at this stage last season. Well in Big Sam you have done a great job so far
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 19, 2017, 02:48:09 PM
Reply #569

Rodenplav64

I actually don't think Swansea were that bad but they , like us , lack an outlet up front . They were organised and passed it around nicely and pressed us well 1st half . Their heads went as soon as we equalised which is what happens when your struggling . I don't see why everyone we struggle to beat has to be considered utter fucking shite . They are no worse than we were 4 weeks ago . Job done in any case and 3 points in the bag .