October 19, 2018, 09:13:00 AM

Author Topic: Left Back - Do we buy one in January?  (Read 7358 times)

December 18, 2017, 12:53:09 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Philipp Max is an interesting one. On current form, he looks like the best creative LB in the top 5 leagues -- 2.9 key passes per 90 with 9 assists to show for it (not that it's necessarily a fair comparison, but Baines' best individual season totals were 3.1 key passes per 90 and 11 assists). It's unlikely that Augsburg would be able to resist a serious offer, especially given that they have only an outside chance of CL qualification.

Concerns are that the likes of United, City, and Chelsea are being linked (we can't compete if they're serious) and that he hasn't shown this level of performance before in his career. Also, as with most defenders we're linked with, I have no idea if he can actually defend.

Seen bad reviews defensively
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 18, 2017, 01:41:52 AM
Reply #31

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'd go all out for Sessengnon too.

December 18, 2017, 01:47:19 AM
Reply #32

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
What actually is it about Chilwell? Is it just that game against us when he had exactly the same running style as Baines?
I don't think he's good enough for us. He's just an average back up at Leicester.

December 18, 2017, 01:49:32 AM
Reply #33

ally2

What actually is it about Chilwell? Is it just that game against us when he had exactly the same running style as Baines?
I don't think he's good enough for us. He's just an average back up at Leicester.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

December 18, 2017, 02:05:43 AM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

December 18, 2017, 02:46:04 AM
Reply #35

van der Meyde

Think we'd have to pay brewsties to prise Cresswell away from West Ham. van Aanholt went to Palace for £14m odd last summer and they've no need to sell.

For the money we'd have to pay for either of them, given they're both 27+ and full back's an increasingly athletic position, I'd like us to go for someone with a bit more longevity with us.

December 18, 2017, 03:33:06 AM
Reply #36

MmmblueBernard

Think we'd have to pay brewsties to prise Cresswell away from West Ham. van Aanholt went to Palace for £14m odd last summer and they've no need to sell.

For the money we'd have to pay for either of them, given they're both 27+ and full back's an increasingly athletic position, I'd like us to go for someone with a bit more longevity with us.

Seconded.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 18, 2017, 03:33:42 AM
Reply #37

therealdunc

He says is happy with Martina and he is, loads of Press saying it

No he doesnít

Read what he actually says

Heís not gonna say Martina is not good enough which we all know is the case, he simply says he is happy with his effort considering he is a crap right back playing out of position.

Blue

December 18, 2017, 03:38:04 AM
Reply #38

therealdunc

2 seasons ago after Leicester won the CL, Liverpool required and followed up with a bid that was rejected.

Chilwell himself has spoken about why he understands the club turned it down.

In the past 2 seasons or so, he hasnít developed at the rate expected and failure to consistently dislodge an ageing and pretty average Fuchs is a concern.
Much similar to how Garbutt has failed to live up to his hype and failed to dislodge an ageing and declining Baines.
Blue

December 18, 2017, 05:28:42 AM
Reply #39

Faceatthefence

Jonas Hector at Koln should be a target for us,international left back thats the right age and with his team set adrift in the Bundesliga looks a real target.The flag wavers over the park were reported to have done a deal for him,but thats gone quiet.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 18, 2017, 01:56:30 PM
Reply #40

D15TIN

Playing devils advocate, purely because he is a Scouser and Sam had him at WHU

Cresswell?
He's a kopite, don't rate him that highly either

December 18, 2017, 01:57:54 PM
Reply #41

D15TIN

I remember deulofeu tearing him to pieces in his last game for us, don't rate him very highly either

December 18, 2017, 02:09:24 PM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
God Iíd love Deulofeu back you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 18, 2017, 02:34:58 PM
Reply #43

D15TIN

I think Luke Shaw ticks most the boxes, the only question mark being his fitness

December 18, 2017, 04:02:31 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Luke Shaw ticks most the boxes, the only question mark being his fitness

Seems to add up imo but definitely question marks over his mentality more than once in his career.

Also know a secondhand story about an interaction with him that made me think quite strongly that he is a dickhead.

Take him on loan tho like.