October 21, 2018, 10:09:15 PM

Author Topic: Left Back - Do we buy one in January?  (Read 7423 times)

December 27, 2017, 06:03:48 PM
Reply #75

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's not going to find anyone willing to match what he's getting paid here.

He'll sit on that contract as long as he can.

December 27, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
Reply #76

everton1952

Could Jonjo or Seamus do a job on the left? Imagine having both of them on the pitch if we could convert one into a LB. Depends if they practiced with their left foot against the wall when they were smaller!

How can Seamus do a job on the left? He is out injured and according to the Echo  we may not see him for a long time to come.

December 27, 2017, 06:19:39 PM
Reply #77

Gary1878

How can Seamus do a job on the left? He is out injured and according to the Echo  we may not see him for a long time to come.

Is this a special Xmas/New Year joke or are you serious? I can't tell?

December 27, 2017, 06:23:05 PM
Reply #78

everton1952

I know the Echo is shite but today it quotes Allardyce saying that Seamus is a long way off being fit. I did not make it up. Goes to show how we were all conned into thinking a load of injured players would be available around this period. All we got is a semi fit Bolassie.

December 27, 2017, 06:54:45 PM
Reply #79

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I know the Echo is shite but today it quotes Allardyce saying that Seamus is a long way off being fit. I did not make it up. Goes to show how we were all conned into thinking a load of injured players would be available around this period. All we got is a semi fit Bolassie.

It was only Seamus and Bolasie who would make a difference anyway. Hardly a load.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 27, 2017, 07:10:50 PM
Reply #80

everton1952

I agree, the others are not a great loss, unless of course Barkley had any intention of playing for us again.

December 27, 2017, 08:06:27 PM
Reply #81

Shogun

Administrator
He's not going to find anyone willing to match what he's getting paid here.

He'll sit on that contract as long as he can.

And the club won't give him a first team chance because of the message that would send to anyone else who could be in a similar position.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2017, 08:23:19 PM
Reply #82

Lxxx

And the club won't give him a first team chance because of the message that would send to anyone else who could be in a similar position.

What?

December 27, 2017, 08:28:38 PM
Reply #83

Shogun

Administrator
What?

The club needs to show that you can't simply hang around the U23s and wait for an opportunity in the first team whilst your in you mid-20s like McAleny and Garbutt have done.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2017, 08:31:15 PM
Reply #84

Lxxx

The club needs to show that you can't simply hang around the U23s and wait for an opportunity in the first team whilst your in you mid-20s like McAleny and joe Garbutt have done.

If we have a need and he’s deemed good enough he’ll get a chance. Much as the club would like to send out positive signals we have a football club to be getting on with and if Baines isn’t fit and Allardyce wants to have a look at a left footer at left back he’ll play, regardless of what has gone on in the past or any perceived attitude issues.

December 27, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
Reply #85

therealdunc

It was rumoured we enquired about Sheff Wed full back in the summer

Wonder if that’s an option
Blue

December 27, 2017, 09:23:25 PM
Reply #86

Alanvideo

ECHO............
There was bad news about Leighton Baines last night.

Everton’s left-back has suffered an injury setback and will now miss the remainder of the busy festive period.

The good news is that Ross Barkley and James McCarthy are closing in on returns.

“We’ve had a bit of a setback with Leighton Baines ,” said Allardyce. “He was on the (training) field but has felt his calf again.”

“James will play in an 11 v 11 game on Wednesday. Ross Barkley is joining in training so hopefully he’s not too bad.

“However, Seamus Coleman is still a way off. That’s one we would like to get back.

“(Ramiro) Funes Mori is still way, way off, into March apparently.

“It’s tough at the moment. Hopefully when they do get fit they’ll stay fit and bring a bit more to the attacking side of our play.”
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 27, 2017, 09:33:16 PM
Reply #87

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Garbutts never making it at Premier league level and certainly not at Everton

December 27, 2017, 09:36:10 PM
Reply #88

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Forgot all about Mori as well.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 27, 2017, 09:36:21 PM
Reply #89

Bluedylan

Why are people even talking about Garbutt? Have I fallen asleep and woke up in 2014?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.