May 20, 2018, 05:20:25 PM

Author Topic: Non League Football (COLFC/Bootle/Marine/Runcorn Town/Prescot Cables etc)  (Read 1952 times)

January 14, 2018, 04:30:58 AM
Reply #30

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
We groundsheet at Winsford but it's been mostly away games postponed. We had a good run in the FA Cup and are still in the vase. I think every FA Cup game went to a replay which didn't help.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 14, 2018, 04:46:00 AM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator
Getting involved in an 8th tier club at some point in the ear future. No floodlights so no FA Cup to look forward to, but likely FA Vase if we can sort things

Got a decent youth set up but hard to attract a decent first team manager so the job is shared at the moment.

Goalkeeper for first team used to play at conference level and only dropped down because he got a day job!  Excellent keeper but injury prone.

Very small off pitch staff. Mostly family members of the chairman - his dad is the grounds man!

"We" played Burnley in pre season though and also beat Tranmere.

January 14, 2018, 05:43:44 AM
Reply #32

Thomas

Getting involved in an 8th tier club at some point in the ear future. No floodlights so no FA Cup to look forward to, but likely FA Vase if we can sort things

Got a decent youth set up but hard to attract a decent first team manager so the job is shared at the moment.

Goalkeeper for first team used to play at conference level and only dropped down because he got a day job!  Excellent keeper but injury prone.

Very small off pitch staff. Mostly family members of the chairman - his dad is the grounds man!

Good luck mate!

Still watching Everton? (Daft question)

January 14, 2018, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
Good luck mate!

Still watching Everton? (Daft question)

sadly yes

put it off last summer because of the fixture clashes but actually thinking they could have been a blessing!

January 14, 2018, 10:56:22 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I play where cables train on a Monday. Might try and catch a game before the season is out.

January 15, 2018, 02:15:20 AM
Reply #35

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

Which one?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 15, 2018, 02:22:54 AM
Reply #36

Simon Paul

Administrator

January 15, 2018, 05:36:51 AM
Reply #37

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

January 28, 2018, 10:17:26 PM
Reply #38

The Analog Kid

My second team, Chester FC, are on the brink of collapse for the second time. They need to raise 50k by next month or they’re going to fold.

I’ll be gutted if that happens.

January 28, 2018, 10:51:10 PM
Reply #39

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
My second team, Chester FC, are on the brink of collapse for the second time. They need to raise 50k by next month or they're going to fold.

I'll be gutted if that happens.
Gone mate
No money, no one arsed
Sad really
Worse thing they ever did was sell the ground and move

Simply simply lovely

January 28, 2018, 11:45:29 PM
Reply #40

Alanvideo

Fylde doing well ,they might have taken a lot of support from pissed-off Blackpool fans . Could be another Fleetwood.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 29, 2018, 01:16:03 AM
Reply #41

The Analog Kid

Gone mate
No money, no one arsed
Sad really
Worse thing they ever did was sell the ground and move

I’d love a lottery win and buy them, well, give them dosh. Wouldn’t have a clue about how to run a club.

January 30, 2018, 11:22:55 PM
Reply #42

Bingham Boy

Been getting more and more interested in non league footy and aim to get to a few more grounds. Prescot Cables, Southport, Marine are ones I've been to a few times, oh and Tranmere and Chester too, nearly forgot about them being non league. They have some good clubhouses as well some of those.

They're all good for taking your kid too as there's more freedom for them to move around the stadium. They can move seats, climb up on the perimeter fences, go in the terraces etc, and they seem to prefer that to being stuck in the same seat all game. 

Looking at the North West Counties premier there's around 9 teams all in and around Merseyside. There's no way I'd support CoL or AFC Liv... but would support against them, missed out on Bootle v CoL the other day, but there's some good rivalries there. Runcorn derby, Northwich derby as well.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:24:04 PM by Bingham Boy »

April 05, 2018, 07:20:50 AM
Reply #43

Thomas

Been getting more and more interested in non league footy and aim to get to a few more grounds. Prescot Cables, Southport, Marine are ones I've been to a few times, oh and Tranmere and Chester too, nearly forgot about them being non league. They have some good clubhouses as well some of those.

They're all good for taking your kid too as there's more freedom for them to move around the stadium. They can move seats, climb up on the perimeter fences, go in the terraces etc, and they seem to prefer that to being stuck in the same seat all game. 

Looking at the North West Counties premier there's around 9 teams all in and around Merseyside. There's no way I'd support CoL or AFC Liv... but would support against them, missed out on Bootle v CoL the other day, but there's some good rivalries there. Runcorn derby, Northwich derby as well.

I went Marine the other night as I had a bet on and used to go to school near there.

Any reason you dont like COLFC?

Otherwise matches usually being Saturday 3pm also add to the enjoyment of Non League Football.

April 05, 2018, 02:37:05 PM
Reply #44

Bingham Boy

I went Marine the other night as I had a bet on and used to go to school near there.

Any reason you dont like COLFC?

Otherwise matches usually being Saturday 3pm also add to the enjoyment of Non League Football.

You have clubs like Marine and Prescot Cables who have toiled away for years and battled for support.
A crappily named club comes along acting like Non League football is suddenly trendy and are now craft beer. Fans jump on them thinking they're great and trendy for supporting grass roots all of a sudden. Why didn't they add their support to Cables, Bootle or Marine who have been doing it for years? Don't they even play at Bootle's ground? So all this we're the club of the city is a load of rubbish. So I hate them already, rivalry is a good thing though, it keeps games interesting.