October 16, 2018, 06:25:37 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier  (Read 5361 times)

December 19, 2017, 06:02:15 PM
Read 5361 times

Lxxx

Tbf I think Sam does too. He's mentioned several times after games that we need to do more in possession.

Which is why I think Schneiderlin and Gueye cannot play together. Neither offer anything constructive with the ball and Schneiderlin offers very little without it either. As soon as Davies comes on Rooney drops deep and Davies moves forwards, and vice versa, which means we have interchangeable options with the ball. I'd much rather have Sig and Rooney in the middle swapping positions as Davies, for all his promise, still doesn't actually deliver much and with a natural outlet like Bolasie on the left we can start to threaten.
If we can then get an upgrade on Lennon and DCL we might actually start to look as if we can get a foothold in games again. 

December 20, 2017, 12:51:43 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Yep, he's working with what he's got. For me I think the issues are further back. I'd like a centre half who's good on the ball and a midfield playmaker.

Holgate could be that player but we definitely need to spend in the summer to purchase an upgrade on Schneiderlin.

December 20, 2017, 02:20:09 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

To be fair to the lad there’s no way he should have been in our first team squad this season. He should have been out in the championship growing up and learning his trade every week.

December 20, 2017, 03:22:54 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

There’s a fine line though when you’re playing shite but picking up points. Eventually you’ll stop getting the breaks, players will drift out of form and narrow wins can easily become narrow losses if there’s no substance behind your play.

Sooner rather than later we do need to see some evidence of progression with the ball.

December 20, 2017, 12:30:34 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

I wouldnt say any player has been in form before or after Allardyce were appointed.
If this is Sams out of form tactics then it could be interesting even though I doubt it and agree with in the bigger picture.

No player in form since he was appointed? An unchanged side for 5 unbeaten league games, four wins, 11 goals scored, two conceded....All this after a miserable run where we couldn’t buy a clean sheet or a win. Come on now.