September 25, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier  (Read 5118 times)

December 20, 2017, 02:46:49 AM
Reply #30

Heisenberg

December 20, 2017, 02:59:23 AM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator
Good footy is winning footy

Easy to say that after the event.

It's when we lose playing like this that the test of fans' feelings comes.

Certain teams you can set out or just win. Other teams you need to try and dominate. Liverpool at Anfield you just need to stifle, Swansea at Goodison you want to be dominating.   Rely on a penalty away at a team that aims to smash everyone to pieces, but let's not do that against the utter shite in the league too.

December 20, 2017, 03:13:28 AM
Reply #32

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Good footy is winning footy
It's not really tho
We all like to win yeah but that's not good football
Football is a result based game
You can play utter dogshit football and win
Simply simply lovely

December 20, 2017, 03:19:02 AM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
It's not really tho
We all like to win yeah but that's not good football
Football is a result based game
You can play utter dogshit football and win

Not against the teams we should be looking to break in amongst though.

December 20, 2017, 03:20:31 AM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not against the teams we should be looking to break in amongst though.
Yeah we should be bossing games like the top six sides do
Simply simply lovely

December 20, 2017, 03:22:54 AM
Reply #35

Lxxx

There’s a fine line though when you’re playing shite but picking up points. Eventually you’ll stop getting the breaks, players will drift out of form and narrow wins can easily become narrow losses if there’s no substance behind your play.

Sooner rather than later we do need to see some evidence of progression with the ball.

December 20, 2017, 03:32:13 AM
Reply #36

Mayor Farnum

I think there's been a big turn around from the performances under Koeman and Unsworth. The more points we pick up the more confidence will build and we'll be more expansive in possession. Even yesterday if was refreshing to see players trying to play forward at every opportunity.
With regards the little bits of luck, well it's about time. Most other teams don't even acknowledge they're  lucky, they just accept it and move on.

December 20, 2017, 03:56:02 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Am I alone in thinking we've played some really good stuff under allardyce so far?

December 20, 2017, 04:00:49 AM
Reply #38

ally2

Am I alone in thinking we've played some really good stuff under allardyce so far?

Even I couldn't go that far

December 20, 2017, 04:02:45 AM
Reply #39

ally2

Right anyway.

So what we want is winning football. And we want beautiful football as well. Got it.  I think some will be disappointed though.

December 20, 2017, 04:04:27 AM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Even I couldn't go that far

We have though.

Granted we're not controlling games as we'd like and there are still a lot of aimless balls up the pitch, but there's been some good stuff in the midst of it all.

December 20, 2017, 04:09:28 AM
Reply #41

ally2

We have though.

Granted we're not controlling games as we'd like and there are still a lot of aimless balls up the pitch, but there's been some good stuff in the midst of it all.

There was decent period yesterday to be fair where we were knocking it around letting Swansea chase shadows. But they were a poor team. And we did also move the ball forward quite well. It's just not quite there though. Needs more oiling. I do think a settled team will continue to help.

December 20, 2017, 04:16:45 AM
Reply #42

Mayor Farnum

Two good goals against Huddersfield, two good pieces of passing moves to win penalties yesterday and a ten pass move to score against Newcastle and not a long ball in sight.
If you take the goals in isolation the only sign of a long ball was Rooney's pass to DCL for the penalty in the derby, and that was hardly a lump up-field.
Ram has a point.

December 20, 2017, 05:07:43 AM
Reply #43

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Lots of alcohol as gifts so far?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 20, 2017, 06:33:31 AM
Reply #44

mikey_blue

You don't go from getting shagged 4-1 by Southampton to 1970's Brazil in two months.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:32:09 PM by mikey_blue »