October 22, 2018, 12:01:38 AM

Author Topic: Ratings V Swansea  (Read 1854 times)

December 19, 2017, 03:45:33 PM
Read 1854 times

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
May as well take the plunge.

Pickford 6 - Nothing to complain about other than a few dodgy passes, wasn't really tested.

Kenny 7 - Played well, love the passion he has, very Colemanesque in some of his forward runs in to the box.

Williams 7 - Not sure he was directly at fault for the goal as he was man marking someone else, solid again.

Holgate 7 - Same as Williams, he was also man marking someone else during the corner, another solid display.

Martina 7 - I could easily have given him an 8, thought he played out of his skin tonight.

Schneiderlin 5 - might seem harsh, can't think of a single thing that he did? Davies should have started in his place.

Gana 8 - excellant, he doesn't suit the forward role as much as Davies, but once he started sitting back he was back to his old best.

Lennon 8 MOTM - if the whole team performance was better than I'd probably rate him a 9, I thought he was outstanding, chasing everything, setting up attacks, fearless.

Sigurdsson 7 - Doesn't stop running does he. Superb goal. I think he will be even better when we have the chance to move him more central.

Rooney 7 - he was poor first half, and in my opinion only just scrapes a 7, especially as he missed a penalty. Second half he assisted 1 goal and scored another, so can't complain.

DCL 8 - the awareness to slot the rebound home was great, held up play well, genuinely excited about his future.

Subs

Davies 7 - Made a big difference, every time hes on the ball he's looking to play it forward.
Lookman - n/a
Sandro - n/a

Overall wasn't the greatest match in terms of quality, but it was nice to show our resilience and turn it round after a shocking first half.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 19, 2017, 03:55:05 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Pickford 6
Kenny 7
Williams 6
Holgate 7
Martina 6
Schneiderlin 5
Gana 7
Lennon 8
Sigurdsson 7
Rooney 6
DCL 8 MOTM

Subs
Davies 7
Lookman - 5
Sandro - nah

December 19, 2017, 04:23:01 PM
Reply #2

stirlingblue

Agree with most of what you said except for:

Pickford 4 - Didn't have a lot to do and couldn't help the corner goal, but his kicking was terrible. He's obviously got talent with his left foot but he'd needs to be taught where and when to kick it as he's just giving away possession needlessly.

Williams 6 - He's improved in recent weeks but Fer was his man on the corner. Once again a mistake of his leads to a goal.

December 19, 2017, 04:35:05 PM
Reply #3

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Thats a good point about Pickford, sometimes he tries too hard with his kicking, and it often ends up back to their keeper, or worse to an opponent, but often right out for a throw. He has got talent, but he really does need to learn from the coaches when and where to kick it at various points in the game.

December 19, 2017, 04:45:02 PM
Reply #4

Django

Pickford - 6 - not much to do, which is still great to type after the start we've endured. Does need to improve his distribution though.

Kenny - 7 - doesn't look like a youngster filling in anymore. Excellent defensively and nice and tidy on the ball.

Holgate - 7 - Developing fantastically at CB. Really thought Big Sam would of gone with Jags and Keane as soon as they were fit but Holgate and Williams have been boss.

Williams - 6 - As good as he's been in recent weeks apart from losing his man on the corner. Thankfully it didn't cost us.

Martina - 6 - So painful when players turn inside and he goes all off balance. Can't fault his effort or desire but I hope Baines is back very soon. Hazard or Willian up against him Saturday?

Gana - 8 - Probably our best player last night. Just doesn't stop going and he's so good on the ball when getting the ball out of danger.

Schneiderlin - 6 - Not much wrong with his performance, but not much right either. Glad he's been given a chance to rebuild his reputation but hopefully Davies isn't far off getting his chance unless we see major improvements from this fella.

Lennon - 7 - Seriously quality player, shame we've wasted him so much when he's been available but not picked. Improves performances of those around him with his effort and work rate. Imagine what JJK would look like without him and with Mirallas in front. Made up to see him back in the team. Anyone got the stats for how many pens he's won us?

Gylfi - 7 - He's improved his fitness massively in recent weeks and we're beginning to see the benefits of having him in the team now. Amazing technique for the goal and he's got a lot of energy in his game playing from the left that I wasn't aware of.

Rooney - 6 - Please get this fella off the pens. We're not gonna score a rebound every time he misses. Could of lost last night if he'd missed that and DCL hadn't scored. He's not a great pen taker and we've got Sig there who is. Other than that, his passing was sloppy. But he improved second half with some great through balls and a goal and assist. Still top quality and by far our best player.

DCL - 7 - Another decent outing from him. Beginning to look like a boss target man now. Wins more in the air as the weeks go by. Needs to improve his finishing massively but what a season he's having.

SUBS/
Davies - 7 - Great substitute appearance. Got the ball moving forward quicker than Schneiderlin and caused them more problems. Hoping to see him getting back to last season's form.

Lookman - 5 - Looks dangerous but the areas he's trying the dribbles and losing them just goes to show why no manager is ready to trust him yet.

Sandro - n/a - May as well pack his travel bag now for his flight back to Malaga.

December 19, 2017, 05:00:38 PM
Reply #5

everton1952

The 4 rating for Pickford is very harsh. Anyone who had not been to the game would think he was dropping the ball and letting goals in. Distribution needs sorting out alright. They haven't appointed the goalkeeping coach yet have they?

December 19, 2017, 06:20:23 PM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

Pickford - 6 had nothing to do

Martina - 8 had a decent game, bumps up an extra mark for being a RB playing LB

Williams - 6 Fer definitely was his man on that corner.. poor decision making to attack a ball he was never gonna win and leave his man free in the 6 yard box

Holgate - 8 looks the player we all first thought he was going to be. Not scared to fly into a tackle

Kenny - 8 not gonna lie, it would be a 7 if he wasn't a young local lad. But he is and we love it. Turning out to be a solid RB.

Schneiderlin - 5 ineffective. Mainly Big Sam's fault for playing 2 defensive midfielders against Swansea. Him and Gana together should be reserved for when we play away against a top side. He's a good anchor midfielder and retains possession well, so would be better suited with Davies alongside him, as Gana is awful going forward.

Gana - 7. 6 for his first half performance, 8 for his second half performance. Again, Allardyce's fault, but credit to the management team for making the change.

Rooney - 7 had a terrible first half, but where would we be without his moments of top quality? Had a hand in every goal, even if one of them was missing a pen 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sigurdson - 7 also had a terrible first half, kept losing the ball. But like Rooney, has moments that can turn a game. Great goal.. been a long time since we had players than can do that.

Lennon - 8 MOTM exceptional workrate comes as standard with him. Good movement off the ball to win a pen, and was involved in most of our best attacking moves.

DCL - 7 Particularly liked it when he brought the ball down on his chest from a long ball, and turned for a shot. Shows he's got real talent. Needs to work on his finishing though.

Subs:

Davies - 7 was positive with the ball, comfortable with it at his feet. Don't think I saw a misplaced pass. Changed the game when he game on and the team shuffled around.

Lookman - 6 lost the ball a few times

Sandro - N/A

December 19, 2017, 06:23:03 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 6
Kenny 7
Martina 7
Williams 6
Holgate 7
Schneiderlin 6
Gueye 8 mom
Rooney 6
Lennon 6
Sigurdsson 7
DCL 7

Davies 7
Lookman 5
Sandro n/a
Simply simply lovely

December 19, 2017, 07:45:53 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

Clearly im the only one that thought Schneiderlin played well? I thought he kept the ball and made things simple for others, his positional play was also better and I was a little surprised when he came off.

Pickford deserves a 4 as hes really winding me up with his kicking, its almost like hes trying harder and harder each game to get it to the other keeper without it bouncing, someone needs to tell him that we know he can kick it a long, long way, he doesn't need to give the ball back to opposition every time just to prove it

December 19, 2017, 09:04:35 PM
Reply #9

starblood

Clearly im the only one that thought Schneiderlin played well?

Well he did get cheered at being subbed -  last time I heard that was for Cleverley.

December 19, 2017, 09:06:12 PM
Reply #10

D15TIN

Pickford 7
Kenny 8
Williams 6
Holgate 7
Martina 7
Schneiderlin 3 - Should not have been near the starting XI
Gana 8
Rooney 7
Lennon 8
Sigurdsson 8
Calvert-Lewin 8

December 19, 2017, 09:06:20 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Well he did get cheered at being subbed -  last time I heard that was for Cleverley.

The "fans" who cheered need to fuck off and never come back.

December 19, 2017, 09:14:45 PM
Reply #12

starblood

The "fans" who cheered need to fuck off and never come back.

I've never had a problem with fans voicing their displeasure at matches, so I don't really agree, but that's another discussion.

It did surprise me though, because the atmosphere was terrible last night (quiet and muted) - as bad as I've ever know it. So for that to happen when passions weren't running that high, says a bit (about Schneiderlin) to be honest, whether you condone it or not

December 19, 2017, 09:29:42 PM
Reply #13

Fynci

I'd be keen to find out how many forward passes Schneiderlin played. I think that's the real problem, he slows down an already slow attack. He didn't play badly but he is not what we needed.

If he played like that in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea then we'd be giving him 6's and 7's.

December 19, 2017, 10:31:52 PM
Reply #14

bluenuck

I'd be keen to find out how many forward passes Schneiderlin played. I think that's the real problem, he slows down an already slow attack. He didn't play badly but he is not what we needed.

If he played like that in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea then we'd be giving him 6's and 7's.

Agreed.
I think we've all realized very quickly here that it can't be gueye/Schniederlin. It is to be either one with Rooney or Davies. One to play deep and one to play box to box. We need one player to link to our forwards.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:33:00 PM by bluenuck »