November 15, 2018, 01:40:43 AM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin  (Read 7116 times)

December 19, 2017, 05:23:03 PM
Read 7116 times

Lxxx

I think quite a few people are looking at his early time with us through some kind of blue tinted specs. He only played 8 games before getting a calf injury and was in and out of the side after that till the end of the season. This season he's been shockingly bad. He's shown nothing for us that makes me think he's the future in the middle of the park and if we can get anywhere near what we paid for him I'd like to see him moved on.

December 19, 2017, 06:57:00 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

At Southampton he was a lot younger and hungry to impress to earn a big move away. Now with two big money moves under his belt and a 6 figure weekly wage the hunger has gone and he looks very one-paced and strolls around the pitch as if he's made it.

You never see him sprint it's always a laboured jog, puts in half arsed tackles and plays easy balls. I suppose when you sign a player cast adrift from a big club you never know which one you'll get, one with a desire to prove he's still got it or one who feels as if he has reached a pinnacle and it's downhill from here on in. I think we have the latter.

December 19, 2017, 07:56:08 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

A player can drift out of form.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone had forgotten.

If you could highlight the last time he was in a run of great form in his career it'd help your point greatly.

December 22, 2017, 08:10:24 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

The last time he was in form and played a significant run of games was coming up to three years ago when he was trying to earn a move away from Southampton, and was successful. I've yet to see any evidence we should be basing our midfield around him and for £24m he's not suited to a bit part role.
I don't think it's unreasonable to say he's playing for his future until the end of the season. If he steps up to the plate then great, if not then move him on and get someone else in who offers more to the team.

December 25, 2017, 05:07:21 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Some say he's improving ...I can't see it ,maybe he is a victim of his own past performances and can't reach that again .
Maybe he wants out ....either way something needs to change imho....Benni and McCarthy are waiting .

McCarthy? People are slagging Schneiderlin for gutless displays and offering nothing with the ball and then offer this complete shitehawk as a replacement?? Really?

December 26, 2017, 05:29:46 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

He is over rated

Looked good in an average Southampton team

Found out at Man United

Everton claim they want to be challenging with the likes of United, but that wonít be happening if we sign their cast offs and rejects

Time to get rid and move on

Lots of good players move on from big clubs when it hasn't worked out. The key is to work out whether you're signing a player hungry to prove them wrong or one that has lost that desire and feels that anything else but a big club is a step down. I think we've signed the latter whereas there are plenty of examples of the former. It all just brings sharply into focus the due diligence we do/have done on our recruitment.

December 26, 2017, 09:58:38 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Exactly

We had a long history under Moyes of buying United cast offs

We need to move on from buying their rubbish like Phil Neville and start competing with them for their transfer targets.
Likewise selling them our best player in the summer won’t help close the gap, but only increase it.

Got no problem with selling clubs like Man U/City our best players for top money, as long as we have a recruitment strategy in place to spend it wisely and find the next gem.

December 27, 2017, 12:40:22 AM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Money

The same way Chelsea and Man City closed the gap

Throw enough money and people pay attention

We will never be in the same market for players as Man U. Come on lad, get real.

December 28, 2017, 06:14:05 AM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Gareth Barry seemed to underline what we've been missing in Schneiderlin yeseterday

So calm on the ball and always looking for a progressive forward pass. Can't see how or why he was allowed to leave without a like replacement. Schneids just wants to go sideways and back to the keeper all the time now.

Part of me wants to blame the players around him for being cowards and hiding from the ball at times but it seems to go deeper than that, he just doesn't have that vision, range and weight of passing we need, nor does Gana for that matter

Spot on. Barry just has it and Schneiderlin acts like he has it.

December 28, 2017, 02:41:18 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Neither Barry nor Schneiderlin is what we need but itís perfectly acceptable to compare the two.