November 17, 2018, 01:49:26 AM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin  (Read 7132 times)

December 19, 2017, 07:56:08 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

A player can drift out of form.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone had forgotten.

If you could highlight the last time he was in a run of great form in his career it'd help your point greatly.

December 19, 2017, 08:01:08 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The problem when he and Gueye play together is that we ask Gueye to push forward which he isn’t very good at.

This breaks the link between midfield and attack.

I thought he was ok last night but because of the above it all looked stodgy.

If they are to play together then I’d like to see a bit of a switch of roles as that would allow Schneiderlin further forward and as he’s more comfortable on the ball would have a passer further up the field.

Gueye seems to have a naturally more progressive way about him though, he does at least look for forward passes.

Schneiderlin I’ve gone right off, we need to replace with a passing DM ASAP. Carvalho or N’zonzi.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 19, 2017, 08:03:09 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

I don't think playing Gana deeper is a good idea. He has not enough brain and discipline for screening back 4. He's the best at what he's doing now -  playing a bit higher, pressing and harrasing opponents. We need a quality DM with a passing ability, sort of deep lying playmaker.  Funnily enough Morgan was exactly that sort of player in his first season, don't know what happened to him.

If he won't regain that form we need a new player, but Gana is not the answer. Not sure Baningime is at this stage but at least he is a proper DM.
Wasn’t Morgan that kind of player at Southampton? I seem to remember him being like Xavi Alonso...see, I mentioned Xavi Alonso without using the term ‘quarterback’.

Bollocks, I just used the term ‘quarterback’.

December 22, 2017, 03:18:56 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

I like him. Really want him to be a success here.

December 22, 2017, 03:19:26 PM
Reply #20

Thornton_19

Ideally we need one DM who does both Gana and Schneiderlins jobs. I think that's were our midfield falls down to be honest.

December 22, 2017, 03:22:50 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

Ideally we need one DM who does both Gana and Schneiderlins jobs. I think that's were our midfield falls down to be honest.

Imagine splicing Gana's energy and Schneiderlin's quality on the ball. Yummy.

December 22, 2017, 03:22:54 PM
Reply #22

mikey_blue

I think the idea of him being a "Classy" midfielder have been incorrect. He's always been more of a ball winning Midfielder. Him and Gana tread on each others toes, but Gana is clearly the better player in that role.

If I remember correctly, Morgs had his best spell of football when Gana went to the AFCON.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:23:57 PM by mikey_blue »

December 22, 2017, 03:38:03 PM
Reply #23

Thornton_19

Imagine splicing Gana's energy and Schneiderlin's quality on the ball. Yummy.
One of the many things that hinder us in the big games I feel.

December 22, 2017, 03:46:11 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think the idea of him being a "Classy" midfielder have been incorrect. He's always been more of a ball winning Midfielder. Him and Gana tread on each others toes, but Gana is clearly the better player in that role.

If I remember correctly, Morgs had his best spell of football when Gana went to the AFCON.

Might be something to it to be fair. His best football was at Southampton when he was regularly up there for interceptions and tackles. Not sure who he had around him but maybe he was very risk averse and quietly efficient in possession.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 22, 2017, 03:55:16 PM
Reply #25

mikey_blue

Might be something to it to be fair. His best football was at Southampton when he was regularly up there for interceptions and tackles. Not sure who he had around him but maybe he was very risk averse and quietly efficient in possession.

And he's still capable of doing that. He just set the bar very high for himself, almost to the point where we thought he could be like a Fabregas type player, which he most certainly isn't. For me it's either him or Gana. Never both.

December 22, 2017, 04:13:04 PM
Reply #26

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
God he is sexy, and that accent .... *swoon*
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 22, 2017, 04:40:09 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
God he is sexy, and that accent .... *swoon*

Boooo

December 22, 2017, 05:06:51 PM
Reply #28

ally2

Everyone has got really caught up in this idea that Gueye/Schneiderlein partnership doesn't work. It's been reinforced by repetition but I'm not cucumbers it's necessarily true. To get the best out of Schneiderlein requires better movement and options ahead of him. I've not seen him hiding in games but maybe others have. Anyway there's no dispute to be had - he's a class player, and there seems to be some sort of weird witch hunt thing going on around him which, again, is unhelpful.

December 22, 2017, 05:09:32 PM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Everyone has got really caught up in this idea that Gueye/Schneiderlein partnership doesn't work. It's been reinforced by repetition but I'm not cucumbers it's necessarily true. To get the best out of Schneiderlein requires better movement and options ahead of him. I've not seen him hiding in games but maybe others have. Anyway there's no dispute to be had - he's a class player, and there seems to be some sort of weird witch hunt thing going on around him which, again, is unhelpful.

Nowt to say in response. Just wanted to preserve the typo before you got chance to edit ;)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.