December 13, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 16760 times)

December 23, 2017, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #30

KoemansNumberTens

I've got to be honest here, and say that I'd much rather watch the opposition defend than watch Everton defend.

So would I but then we need more quality in all the attacking positions. The performances have been good though on the back of great defending.

Good performances aren't just attacking play

December 23, 2017, 10:17:45 PM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

they're not just defensive play either, they are a combination.  today we saw us being solid defensively in isolation from anything else.

Totally agree it's a combination and so far we are doing only half of it but we are doing it brilliantly.

We just don't have attacking players that control possession. We don't have a winger with genuine quality and we don't have a striker who can consistently hold it up. When these things change we'll get better performances in attack

December 23, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

Really happy with what I've seen from Sigurdsson last few weeks. Proper stood up and been counted and not let the price tag weigh him down.

Fans will love him if he keeps grafting like that, and he's the main one producing little moments of quality (apart from Rooney). Looking forward to us getting more out of him when we improve in possession.

Me too. Was very good today. Flashes of real quality, lots of neat and tidy play and amazing workrate. Do think he's more Pedro than hazard though. Not really a genuine playmaker more someone who has great moments rather than controls any games

December 24, 2017, 12:42:50 AM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

Spurs beating Burnley is good news for us. That has to be the aim, to get past Leicester and Burnley. Think any higher is going to be a tough ask.

Totally agree. Playing for 7th. Anything else would be an absolute miracle. Rather the top 6 beat our rivals for that

December 24, 2017, 01:36:24 AM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

Hi Simon,
Your coming across as really bitter

Seems Sam can do no right

There were so few options going forward today, the same circumstances that Sam has faced since taking over, yet people expect miracles in both defence and attack

Really donít get it

This month was all about getting as many points as possible, nothing else

Your judging s manager on 6 games with someone elseís unbalanced squad including a game vs the champs and a game away at our rivals who we havenít beaten in decades at their place
Really harsh

That's not the half of it though. We've 14 points from them 6 games and he's judging him negatively

How's silva doing who half the forum wanted based on nothing really. They are 4pts behind us now and I think allardyce gave him a 9pt start. Had he come here and produced watfords recent form we'd be in the middle of a relegation battle now

December 24, 2017, 01:46:16 AM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

we all know what we wrote back in August.  There's no need for me to waste time trawling through your posts to bring it back up.

if by "bitter" you mean someone who wants to see his side play good football then yes, you are spot on.

xxx

I think he just means bitter. You had a very negative opinion on allardyce when he came. An opinion shared by most. Most have softened with the results and his interviews. You just refuse to

Good football such as what? When did we ever play good football. 1 year under Martinez. Couple of seasons here and there under Moyes. So 3 or 4 seasons of maybe the last 20. Let you give allardyce no time to get his own players in before making judgements and that despite the results being fantastic

Utd don't play good football. Liverpool don't get the results they should because they are as lobsided as us (attack to our defence) and not half as pragmatic.

I'd love to see us play good football but we don't have quality attacking players. Who did you want? Who's this mythical manager that would have turned DCL into Aguero. Lennon into Salah. Sigurdsson into Pogba??

We were hopeless. We are now winning and defensively we've been superb. Enjoy it.

December 24, 2017, 02:48:25 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Let people have their opinion and stop badgering everyone who disagrees with you. There's loads of people who agree with @blue1948 , and they have perfectly valid reasons for feeling that way. You're coming across as an Allardyce fundamentalist, and not recognising that people might just feel differently to you and that that's ok.

To be fair saying I'll never be happy regardless is the sad standpoint.

I like allardyce but I'm not happy regardless. I expect a certain level in terms of results. Baffled as to how someone can say they are always going to be unhappy regardless of what he does