October 20, 2018, 08:55:07 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 15503 times)

December 23, 2017, 10:04:22 PM
Reply #420

Simon Paul

Administrator
No problem with form
Problem with not stringing passes together. I don't really care if we go long as long as then we get men up there and play

it's like people can't separate results from performances isn't it?

results are good, performances are just meh.

December 23, 2017, 10:05:57 PM
Reply #421

KoemansNumberTens

Defensively we've been fantastic.

December 23, 2017, 10:07:46 PM
Reply #422

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I know it's a results based world but it's difficult to get excited about the performances

Admittedly I don't want us to lose but I get so annoyed when we are knocking ten yard ball to the opposition, five yard balls out and then 40 yard balls to dcl but the team being 40 yards away from him

Not a single shot on target, at home, that's a dire stat
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 10:07:59 PM
Reply #423

Simon Paul

Administrator
Defensively we've been fantastic.

I've got to be honest here, and say that I'd much rather watch the opposition defend than watch Everton defend.

December 23, 2017, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #424

KoemansNumberTens

I've got to be honest here, and say that I'd much rather watch the opposition defend than watch Everton defend.

So would I but then we need more quality in all the attacking positions. The performances have been good though on the back of great defending.

Good performances aren't just attacking play

December 23, 2017, 10:11:51 PM
Reply #425

Simon Paul

Administrator
So would I but then we need more quality in all the attacking positions. The performances have been good though on the back of great defending.

Good performances aren't just attacking play

they're not just defensive play either, they are a combination.  today we saw us being solid defensively in isolation from anything else.

December 23, 2017, 10:16:58 PM
Reply #426

chang

I donít think anyone on here has said our form is a problem. I donít know what point you are trying to make.

Merry Christmas  ...... https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

December 23, 2017, 10:17:45 PM
Reply #427

KoemansNumberTens

they're not just defensive play either, they are a combination.  today we saw us being solid defensively in isolation from anything else.

Totally agree it's a combination and so far we are doing only half of it but we are doing it brilliantly.

We just don't have attacking players that control possession. We don't have a winger with genuine quality and we don't have a striker who can consistently hold it up. When these things change we'll get better performances in attack

December 23, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
Reply #428

School of Science

Agree with you, but before Allardyce this season we couldn't defend either. Don't forget a few weeks ago we were getting regularly stuffed, devoid of formation, hardly any tactics but to hide when in possession and playing totally without confidence. Keane played well today as did Williams and Jagielka, we have Holgate starring in defence, these are players who have been basically shite all season. Schneiderlin another who has come alive, whatever Sam says to them in still confidence. Today we had most of our flair attacking players missing through injury and illness, but nobody's talking about that. Let's see where we are in late January I for one am pleased with our progress so far with the same players.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 23, 2017, 10:22:32 PM
Reply #429

SANA_DR0

that Martini... pretty solid at left back.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 23, 2017, 10:26:06 PM
Reply #430

Bluedylan

Really happy with what I've seen from Sigurdsson last few weeks. Proper stood up and been counted and not let the price tag weigh him down.

Fans will love him if he keeps grafting like that, and he's the main one producing little moments of quality (apart from Rooney). Looking forward to us getting more out of him when we improve in possession.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 23, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
Reply #431

everton1952

Great support from the crowd, right behind the team. Never seen so many beaming faces after a 0 -0 draw at home. Allardyce is working his magic with the minimum resources. Chelsea were superior in every position, yet we held them. Fantastic, onwards and upwards. Imagine if Keane had scored with that header.

December 23, 2017, 10:28:34 PM
Reply #432

The Analog Kid

that Martini... pretty solid at left back.

The bevvy?

December 23, 2017, 10:30:30 PM
Reply #433

Everton Mint

Tough game vs Chelsea at any time and without Rooney and a really top striker (DCL is just a stop gap) we cant expect to be taking the game to the likes of Chelsea.

We have shown by being the 2nd highest scoring Home team in 2017 that we can play well and score goals, its just not possible in this situation.

Happy with the draw and expect more later in the season after signing a striker and our top players are all fit.

December 23, 2017, 10:39:41 PM
Reply #434

Mayor Farnum

Or maybe they are just taking the quality of the opposition into consideration.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:42:28 PM by Mayor Farnum »