April 25, 2018, 10:10:41 AM

Author Topic: Europe next season?  (Read 4136 times)

December 22, 2017, 07:14:37 AM
Reply #60

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mate, can you honestly give me an example of any team that hasn't struggled the season they have to play in the qualifying rounds? Because I can't. It's not predicting the future, it's experience taken from not just our season currently, but all the other teams affected too.
Iíve no idea about other teams and donít really care. However if weíre not in it our chances of buying better players diminish, weíll have zero chance of winning it and whatís the point in even trying? Might as well just finish 8th every season.

If other teams struggle, thatís their problem. Letís be the team that doesnít struggle and push through it.

And really four extra games shouldnít make that much difference.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 22, 2017, 07:25:54 AM
Reply #61

Ross

Fulham.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 22, 2017, 07:29:40 AM
Reply #62

Jamokachi

Iíve no idea about other teams and donít really care. However if weíre not in it our chances of buying better players diminish, weíll have zero chance of winning it and whatís the point in even trying? Might as well just finish 8th every season.

If other teams struggle, thatís their problem. Letís be the team that doesnít struggle and push through it.

And really four extra games shouldnít make that much difference.

I'd rather go full kilter at the top 6 next year. I'm not going to be unhappy if we get 7th and get into the qualifying rounds, but I'm going to be far from upset if we don't.

It's a bit silly to say you don't know or care about other sides, as that's the only barometer available.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:31:06 AM by Jamokachi »

December 22, 2017, 07:30:21 AM
Reply #63

Jamokachi

Fulham.

Good memory. Did they have to start in July? The format was a bit different back then wasn't it?

December 22, 2017, 07:34:09 AM
Reply #64

Ross

Good memory. Did they have to start in July? The format was a bit different back then wasn't it?

Started the 30th July. Pretty much the same route we had. Finished 16 points above the team in 18th and nearly won something. Imagine.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 22, 2017, 07:45:09 AM
Reply #65

Jamokachi

Started the 30th July. Pretty much the same route we had. Finished 16 points above the team in 18th and nearly won something. Imagine.

I nearly can.

December 22, 2017, 08:00:56 AM
Reply #66

BlueMaquis

We should cancel all our pre-season friendlies too, can't have anything that would tire the players out before game 1 of the prem.

December 22, 2017, 08:20:11 AM
Reply #67

Jamokachi

Fuck sake.

December 22, 2017, 08:43:15 AM
Reply #68

boothill

id sooner they brought back the original concept, cup winners and uefa as seperate competitions, let them keep the champions league, that keeps the greedy bastards pacified

December 22, 2017, 08:45:13 AM
Reply #69

boothill

Probably more than Koeman. He got Bolton into Europe once.

What's Koeman done? Got us there and got sacked half way through the campaign.
Mussolini got italy into africa once, but they didnt stay in it

December 22, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
Reply #70

blue1948

Fair enough ...but if you want a proper challenge at the top six ....Europa is best left the fuck alone first...we can't do both ...squad depth and quality is required .
Big sam thinks our squad is too big now so where do we go from here?

December 22, 2017, 02:41:47 PM
Reply #71

Cereal Killer

I'd rather go full kilter at the top 6 next year. I'm not going to be unhappy if we get 7th and get into the qualifying rounds, but I'm going to be far from upset if we don't

You'd rather we missed European football next season so we can go full kilter at top 6? And thus achieving European football but just a season later?

December 22, 2017, 02:57:33 PM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You'd rather we missed European football next season so we can go full kilter at top 6? And thus achieving European football but just a season later?

I would.

Think we'd be a lot better prepared for it.

I don't really want is starting the season in July, in a World Cup year, with a squad that needs a massive overhaul.

It'll be a mess. I want Allardyce to have the best preparation possible going into the new season.

I love being in Europe, but it can become a hindrance at times.

December 22, 2017, 03:13:08 PM
Reply #73

Jamokachi

Yea, because top 6 doesn't involve the ridiculous early start to the season.

December 22, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
Reply #74

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Surely it should be that if we donít qualify then try and use that as an advantage.

Rather than it being negative if we do qualify.

I donít think this idea of weíll be ready for Europe after x, y, z is realistic.

As we know, you canít guarantee that youíll qualify this year, next year or the year after.