December 14, 2018, 04:02:10 AM

Author Topic: Europe next season?  (Read 6339 times)

December 21, 2017, 05:09:10 AM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
When was the last time a team that started in July did well?

Shit yeah. Let's not even bother trying.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 21, 2017, 05:10:46 AM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

Shit yeah. Let's not even bother trying.

See my previous reply.

The qualifying rounds are ill thought out by UEFA. The competition is too big, and this is just a way of squeezing the last droplet of cash out of it, to the detriment of the quality of the competition.

December 21, 2017, 05:27:13 AM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
See my previous reply.

The qualifying rounds are ill thought out by UEFA. The competition is too big, and this is just a way of squeezing the last droplet of cash out of it, to the detriment of the quality of the competition.

I don't think us starting it so early was the cause of our problems though. We treated them as pre season games anyway. Our problem was so many new faces playing together in a team lacking balance and direction. Oh, and we didn't have a proper striker either.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 21, 2017, 06:12:51 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

I don't think us starting it so early was the cause of our problems though. We treated them as pre season games anyway. Our problem was so many new faces playing together in a team lacking balance and direction. Oh, and we didn't have a proper striker either.

We may have treated them as such, but we couldn't play them as such. We couldn't chose the opposition, we couldn't play all the players we wanted. We couldn't play without pressure, and so on.

There are other reasons too, obviously. But it can't be ignored the fact that all teams that start their season so early struggle for the remainder of their campaign.

December 21, 2017, 06:15:20 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We may have treated them as such, but we couldn't play them as such. We couldn't chose the opposition, we couldn't play all the players we wanted. We couldn't play without pressure, and so on.

There are other reasons too, obviously. But it can't be ignored the fact that all teams that start their season so early struggle for the remainder of their campaign.

And all clubs who win the FA cup that aren't a top club get relegated.

The trick is to buck the trend. An extra 4 games really shouldn't make all that difference.

Do I like the format? Nope, but we can't change that. I'd rather be in it than not.

December 21, 2017, 06:17:33 AM
Reply #20

Thomas

So 'Project Moshiri' is reduced to hoping top 4 clubs clean up so we can finish 7th, again.

Where Spurs doing this all the time when they where aiming to eventually break into the top 4?

I hope another club outside the top 6 wins the FA Cup or Carabao Cup this year, in the former preferably us and the latter Bristol City or someone like that.

As it stands our team is not ready for European football and this season clearly displayed that.

December 21, 2017, 06:32:46 AM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

So 'Project Moshiri' is reduced to hoping top 4 clubs clean up so we can finish 7th, again.

No it doesn't, fuck off. We've had a terrible season, but how on earth you can type that shit is beyond me. The guy has overseen improvements to the ground, spent heavily on playing staff, invested in the training facilities, started the process of moving to a new purpose built stadium (which IS needed). But hey, carry on with this boring fucking agenda you keep peddling every time you log on.

December 21, 2017, 06:35:30 AM
Reply #22

Thomas

No it doesn't, fuck off. We've had a terrible season, but how on earth you can type that shit is beyond me. The guy has overseen improvements to the ground, spent heavily on playing staff, invested in the training facilities, started the process of moving to a new purpose built stadium (which IS needed). But hey, carry on with this boring fucking agenda you keep peddling every time you log on.

Compare his net spend to other clubs, something even our former manager and Phil Neville where even saying, its not comparable. He basically just trades.

December 21, 2017, 06:36:26 AM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

Compare his net spend to other clubs, something even our former manager and Phil Neville where even saying, its not comparable. He basically just trades.

Net spend means fuck all, and only then takes into account the playing staff. I thought you were smarter than that.

December 21, 2017, 06:40:55 AM
Reply #24

Thomas

Net spend means fuck all, and only then takes into account the playing staff. I thought you were smarter than that.

Compare our sale of players to our buys. Compared to the top 4 at least and even the top 6, its not big. From memory. If I'm wrong I'll shake your hand on that one.

December 21, 2017, 07:14:28 AM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

Compare our sale of players to our buys. Compared to the top 4 at least and even the top 6, its not big. From memory. If I'm wrong I'll shake your hand on that one.

How about, compare it to what came before it. Rather than to teams who are either massive international brands or have had the benefit of regular CL cash. Compare apples with apples.

December 21, 2017, 07:53:38 AM
Reply #26

Tony Clifton

We need regular European football.  It shouldn't even be a question let alone a debate. 

December 21, 2017, 09:00:11 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

And all clubs who win the FA cup that aren't a top club get relegated.

No they don't.

December 21, 2017, 09:03:52 AM
Reply #28

American Evertonian

When was the last time a team that started in July did well?

When was the last time Sam Allerdyce went to Europe? We owe it to big Sam and if he keeps up the current form we will be in the CL anyway which will be nice for a change.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 21, 2017, 09:42:50 AM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

When was the last time Sam Allerdyce went to Europe? We owe it to big Sam and if he keeps up the current form we will be in the CL anyway which will be nice for a change.

We owe Big Sam nothing, yet.