November 14, 2018, 09:08:03 PM

Author Topic: Europe next season?  (Read 6025 times)

December 22, 2017, 12:56:10 AM
Reply #45

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I like being in Europe, but there are downsides and it's hard to totally ignore them.

The league will always be the bread and butter of what makes me happy as a fan, and like it or not when you don't have a deep squad involvement in the EL does appear to make the league more of a challenge. Basically I feel like if we're serious about being in Europe we'd need more investment in the quality of the squad as a whole.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:17:05 AM by blueToffee »

December 22, 2017, 01:02:12 AM
Reply #46

gizzblue

Let's just get our fucking team performing at a consistent level first ....fuck Europe off next year, we don't need the hassle.imho.
Born not made a blue .

December 22, 2017, 01:06:56 AM
Reply #47

blue1948

Let's just get our fucking team performing at a consistent level first ....fuck Europe off next year, we don't need the hassle.imho.
Can you see any team above us saying that?

December 22, 2017, 01:16:10 AM
Reply #48

Mayor Farnum

Yes, bar those with a genuine chance of getting Champions League.

December 22, 2017, 01:33:56 AM
Reply #49

gizzblue

Fair enough ...but if you want a proper challenge at the top six ....Europa is best left the fuck alone first...we can't do both ...squad depth and quality is required .
Born not made a blue .

December 22, 2017, 01:59:23 AM
Reply #50

Ross

Top clubs play in Europe every year, not if and when they feel like it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 22, 2017, 02:03:41 AM
Reply #51

TheTone

we're in limbo land really until big Usmanov or the likes come on board, even that's not a guarantee

thing is, that limbo land is still worth a lot of dosh to the mosh and he'll be happy with that

happy xmas blue lids

December 22, 2017, 02:12:44 AM
Reply #52

SANA_DR0

in responce to the thread question..

Sure why not :D
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 22, 2017, 02:54:40 AM
Reply #53

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough ...but if you want a proper challenge at the top six ....Europa is best left the fuck alone first...we can't do both ...squad depth and quality is required .

Proper challenge for the top 4 surely.

No point not wanting to be in the EL to challenge for top 6 when 5th and 6th qualify for, er, the EL... :eh:

December 22, 2017, 03:03:17 AM
Reply #54

blue slug

We should be aiming to win every competition we’re in even the league, not aiming for 6th. Sport is about winning competitions

December 22, 2017, 03:13:08 AM
Reply #55

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce would plan and prepare for the early rounds of the EL much better than Koeman did, and I very much doubt he'd be getting involved in transfer sagas lasting 6 weeks.

We should always want to be in Europe and we shouldn't let Koeman's complete mismanagement cloud our judgement.

Does Big Sam have any meaningful European experience?

Genuine question that. My guess is he's got far less than Koeman.

December 22, 2017, 04:12:26 AM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Does Big Sam have any meaningful European experience?

Genuine question that. My guess is he's got far less than Koeman.

Probably more than Koeman. He got Bolton into Europe once.

What's Koeman done? Got us there and got sacked half way through the campaign.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 22, 2017, 04:19:11 AM
Reply #57

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Probably more than Koeman. He got Bolton into Europe once.

What's Koeman done? Got us there and got sacked half way through the campaign.

Must've had a bunch of campaigns in Europe as a manager before he got to the PL no?

December 22, 2017, 04:47:51 AM
Reply #58

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Must've had a bunch of campaigns in Europe as a manager before he got to the PL no?

Yeah, true. Forgot he managed in Holland before.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 22, 2017, 06:39:20 AM
Reply #59

Jamokachi

Must be great to be able to predict the future so clearly. What’s the lotto numbers for next week?

Mate, can you honestly give me an example of any team that hasn't struggled the season they have to play in the qualifying rounds? Because I can't. It's not predicting the future, it's experience taken from not just our season currently, but all the other teams affected too.