December 10, 2018, 02:13:25 PM

Author Topic: Andy Johnson  (Read 2023 times)

December 22, 2017, 07:20:59 PM
Read 2023 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That was by far the best Andy Johnson moment. That game was so nerve wracking and it was the perfect end to the game. I haven't felt that way since I don't think.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 22, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He was a little gun when he first joined us.

For the first time in years I'd thought we finally had attacking potential to really push on and start dreaming again.

Me too. He started that season so well, and then faded away.

Thought the same again when we signed the Yak as well.

Only Lukaku has been the real deal for us since the 80s.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 22, 2017, 08:18:46 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
From what I remember, Wenger labelled him a diver and from then on, referees refused to give us a penalty. I think we got our first pen of the season on the last day at home to Newcastle.

Pretty sure Johnson was clean through and had his legs taken from him at Blackburn and in what was the most obvious penalty decision you'll ever see, the ref didn't give it.

I think that was the following season when we had Yakubu.