January 22, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Author Topic: Andy Johnson  (Read 1250 times)

December 22, 2017, 09:05:23 PM
Reply #15

School of Science

Thought Johnson and Yakubu had the makings of a great strikforce, pace and work rate from Johnson and power, guile and deadliness from Yakubu. But Moyes never played two strikers very much with Tim Cahill there.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 22, 2017, 11:02:31 PM
Reply #16

sam of the south

From what I remember, Wenger labelled him a diver and from then on, referees refused to give us a penalty. I think we got our first pen of the season on the last day at home to Newcastle.

Pretty sure Johnson was clean through and had his legs taken from him at Blackburn and in what was the most obvious penalty decision you'll ever see, the ref didn't give it.

It was the even cuntier Mourinho that did that.

He apologised later, but the seeds were already sown.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 23, 2017, 12:39:17 AM
Reply #17

Paddockoldie

I liked Andy Johnson when he was at Everton, he had great pace and I'll always remember his performance in that Merseyside derby with his "3-0" gesture.

It's a shame that Moyes pretty much tried to convert him into a winger to accommodate Yakubu and we had to sell him in order to bring in Fellaini.

Agreed. I think Moyes ruined him and if we'd have played to his strengths he'd have done better for us. He was a pace player so I'd have used him like Rush for the red shite..

December 23, 2017, 04:03:58 AM
Reply #18

Cozzie

Controversial maybe but Andy Gray was a boss commentator.

Not controversial one bit mate.

He was a class commentator, brilliant at what he did and in some ways, despite his over exaggeration for Gerrards goal against Olympiakos, I miss his commentary, it's just a shame he was a prize cunt.

December 23, 2017, 04:54:08 AM
Reply #19

benny

NSNO Subscriber
absolutely loved that

was with @aylesbury blue and @Sensei2 that day (or whatever Wayne's username is these days!) on Wayne's first visit to Goodison Park.  Sat in the Lower Bullens in what were pretty crappy seats, then in the 90th minute flying forward and the whole day being amazing because of that one moment!
                makes you wonder why people on here pull him down.Always thought he was a good player for us

December 23, 2017, 09:29:32 PM
Reply #20

montanatoffeefan

He was a little gun when he first joined us.

For the first time in years I'd thought we finally had attacking potential to really push on and start dreaming again.

Me too. He started that season so well, and then faded away.

Thought the same again when we signed the Yak as well.

Only Lukaku has been the real deal for us since the 80s.

Yeah, I remember thinking top 4 would be ours again when we bought AJ. Never quite understood why he spent so much time at Goodison imitating a winger, especially with his crosses being pretty shite. But I'd say Yak was better and quite fantastic for us until his injury. We started played a whole different type of football with the inside passing between him and Pienaar and Arteta and Cahill even got involved. Was a joy to watch.
Everton forever.

December 23, 2017, 09:46:36 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Actually shot my load as that goal went in so I too will never forget it

Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 09:57:07 PM
Reply #22

velimski

Actually shot my load as that goal went in so I too will never forget it

When you say actually....?

December 23, 2017, 09:59:47 PM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
When you say actually....?
Yes as in I did
Id been away for a week and not seen this bird, so went hers straight from landing

Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 11:09:12 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes as in I did
Id been away for a week and not seen this bird, so went hers straight from landing

Kinda ruins the goal for me now.

December 23, 2017, 11:09:38 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Kinda ruins the goal for me now.
It's a great memory for tho :)

Simply simply lovely