April 21, 2018, 01:23:51 AM

Author Topic: West Brom V Everton. Boxing day.  (Read 11723 times)

December 26, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
Reply #435

American Evertonian

Just don't get playing 5 at the back the whole time and still looking like we were more likely to concede. How he didn't switch to 4 in the back and put on Lookman or Sando just baffles me.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 26, 2017, 11:04:28 PM
Reply #436

Bluedylan

Looking forward to 15% possession against Bournemouth on Saturday.

I reckon they will dick us. We've rode our luck in a few of these games but Bournemouth are the kind of team who will pass it through us and create chances.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 26, 2017, 11:04:43 PM
Reply #437

Redartin

Bet @Brownie20 loves those up and unders. Reminds him of his rugby days. Pity it's the wrong code.

December 26, 2017, 11:05:32 PM
Reply #438

Mac934

It was to wind up the likes of you , you stupid turd.  Did you boo at the Chelsea game, or more probably turn your TV off as I doubt you were there.?
as I don't live in the uk, but can see every game live, so I can make a judgement on what I see. No I did not turn the tv off at 2 am during the Chelsea game nor boo the side. That was a great result against a form team. Whereas today's game was against a bad, out of form side in 19th place, which most teams have beaten. one should expect some sort of attacking game at least.

December 26, 2017, 11:05:48 PM
Reply #439

GrantyBoy78

If you think we can go from being an utter mess and getting humiliated by a poor Soton team - to turning over teams away from home - all within a few weeks, then you need to have a serious word with yourself.

December 26, 2017, 11:06:29 PM
Reply #440

howard1334

What do people really expect?

A badly unbalanced squad
With major injuries
A manager with no transfer window to make personnel changes
And barely a month to get his ideas across

And we get a clean sheet and away point

4 weeks so we went to an equally as bad Southampton team and got spanked 4-1 that could have been 10-1

Perspective

The squad did not need to be unbalanced today. We could have started with Lennon and Bolasie on the wings, and Sig through the middle.

Southhampton are a better side than West Brom. Unlike West Brom, when we played them, they had not failed to win in their last 16.

We opted for more aggressive tactics and team selection against Liverpool and Chelsea.

We still had plenty of talent in the team to beat West Brom soundly today. In addition to multiple attacking options on the bench. Yes, we have struggled without a first choice striker, and yes, we have too many No. 10s, but we still have like he 14th most expensive squad in the entire world -- there is a talent there.

The manager opted to play with five at the back, which requires the fullbacks to get forward in attack. At the same time, he was starting a right back at left back, knowing full well Martina is not a good attacking option when playing LB.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:10:25 PM by howard1334 »

December 26, 2017, 11:06:35 PM
Reply #441

therealdunc

I agree to a point but we really should be giving teams like this a bit of a contest donít you think ?

Who in our starting 11 today would get in West Bromís?

Perspective
Blue

December 26, 2017, 11:07:08 PM
Reply #442

Bluedylan

Lennon, Davies, Besic, Martina, Williams, Niasse, etc would prove you wrong

We have loads of crap

Mate they've got people like Brunt, Hegazi, Livermore etc who wouldn't look out of place in a struggling Championship team.

There's a reason they haven't won for 4 months. We rinsed West Ham a few weeks ago, and actually played some enterprising football.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 26, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
Reply #443

howard1334

Who in our starting 11 today would get in West Bromís?

Perspective

Are you serious?

December 26, 2017, 11:07:50 PM
Reply #444

Lxxx

Iím assuming (hoping) heís targeting the Bournemouth game as the one to go for the win. With Rooney back I think itís reasonable to assume as such.

December 26, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
Reply #445

Rodenplav64

Anyone who says that's the worst Everton performance they have ever seen are either lying or very young .

December 26, 2017, 11:08:24 PM
Reply #446

Mac934

Gareth Barry........oh hang on!

December 26, 2017, 11:08:36 PM
Reply #447

Shogun

Administrator
Iím assuming (hoping) heís targeting the Bournemouth game as the one to go for the win. With Rooney back I think itís reasonable to assume as such.

Is Rooney back or has he took that day off with Annual Leave as well?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 26, 2017, 11:09:17 PM
Reply #448

bacon sarnie

In the beginning of the summer, we spoke about investing hundreds of millions of pounds in order to break in to the top 4 and compete with the top clubs.

Today, we played some of the most uninspiring football and shown an inferiority complex against a team who are 19th and who haven't won since the summer. We took off an attacking midfielder to bring on a holding midfielder towards the end despite 2 attacking players still on the bench.

I hope Sam Allardyce will at some point realise that this is not acceptable.

Aye, but they just said he's doing the job he was brought in to do - save Everton from relegation and he's on an unbeaten streak.

Changer pour l'amour du changement my derriere mate.

December 26, 2017, 11:09:31 PM
Reply #449

therealdunc

If you think we can go from being an utter mess and getting humiliated by a poor Soton team - to turning over teams away from home - all within a few weeks, then you need to have a serious word with yourself.

Haters are gonna hate
Blue