January 19, 2018, 12:01:10 AM

Author Topic: West Brom V Everton. Boxing day.  (Read 7726 times)

December 26, 2017, 11:27:13 PM
Reply #465

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Did he talk about the need to be better in possession like he has done after every match despite our football getting progressively worse?

He did. At least he acknowledges it unlike our last two managers.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 26, 2017, 11:27:38 PM
Reply #466

Macca77

The Allardyce effect eh, setting up not to lose

December 26, 2017, 11:28:18 PM
Reply #467

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He still deserves a bit of slack but the performances have to start being better

December 26, 2017, 11:29:48 PM
Reply #468

Lxxx

Big Sam not too happy with the performance either.

He is the guy who had 5 defenders marking one striker though. Based on that I would imagine it was job done.

December 26, 2017, 11:29:58 PM
Reply #469

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He did. At least he acknowledges it unlike our last two managers.
Needs to do sommet about it now, been acknowledging it for a few games

Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2017, 11:30:44 PM
Reply #470

Mac934

Bless you for staying up til 2am. I withdraw the "turd" reference unreservedly.
thanks 👍🏼

December 26, 2017, 11:39:47 PM
Reply #471

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I agree. His successfully completed the first part of his job, which was to stop conceding so many goals and too not get beaten.

Next he must make us play better and also buy some players to stop being so unbalanced.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 26, 2017, 11:42:54 PM
Reply #472

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Bet @Brownie20 loves those up and unders. Reminds him of his rugby days. Pity it's the wrong code.

Been watching rugby this afternoon
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 26, 2017, 11:43:26 PM
Reply #473

everton1952

Watford are catching us up. The Silva swooners will be bigging him up again soon. He is so good looking and maybe a bit shy.

December 26, 2017, 11:43:58 PM
Reply #474

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The issue for me about today is not that he needs time and not that he's made us defensively better. It's that West Brom are shit, bang out of form yet we set up and played like it was Liverpool away. That can't go on and I refuse to be grateful for a point away at a side like that with a set up like that

Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2017, 11:53:19 PM
Reply #475

chart7

How many hours has Sam had on the training pitch. Tactics take time to drill into a team for them to become second nature.  He has managed, in the limited training time available, to make us solid. Hadn't had time to train plan B, C or D so let's stick with the plan that is working.....let's keep the positive momentum and then build.

A point away to west Bromwich isn't great...but it's a hell of a lot better than a loss

December 26, 2017, 11:53:47 PM
Reply #476

Macca77

The issue for me about today is not that he needs time and not that he's made us defensively better. It's that West Brom are shit, bang out of form yet we set up and played like it was Liverpool away. That can't go on and I refuse to be grateful for a point away at a side like that with a set up like that

Exactly this

December 26, 2017, 11:54:56 PM
Reply #477

therealdunc

I donít think he can do anything about it until Jan 1st

With Rooney and Gueye injured we have no other good midfielders.

We really donít

They are a collection of dross like Besic to the inexperience and naive like Davies 

As previously stated, getting players out will be as important as who we bring in as the current squad ability does not reflect the clubs ambition
Blue

December 26, 2017, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #478

Heisenberg

How many hours has Sam had on the training pitch. Tactics take time to drill into a team for them to become second nature.  He has managed, in the limited training time available, to make us solid. Hadn't had time to train plan B, C or D so let's stick with the plan that is working.....let's keep the positive momentum and then build.

A point away to west Bromwich isn't great...but it's a hell of a lot better than a loss

Not that much better, just one point. Would rather have 'gambled' and went for what should have been a winnable 3

December 26, 2017, 11:56:01 PM
Reply #479

American Evertonian

How many hours has Sam had on the training pitch.

From the looks of him he hasn't put on a pair of trainers in years.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.