August 16, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Author Topic: West Brom V Everton. Boxing day.  (Read 13968 times)

December 26, 2017, 11:01:30 PM
Reply #15

everton1952

Can't wait for the cup game.
Are you salivating at the prospect of a Shite win?

December 26, 2017, 11:17:02 PM
Reply #16

everton1952

I reckon they will dick us. We've rode our luck in a few of these games but Bournemouth are the kind of team who will pass it through us and create chances.
How many times has it got to be said. The new manager is picking up the shattered pieces left by Koeman, not a good side with good players having a temporary blip, but a losing gutless shambles of a team. Put up with this lack of creativity until the new man can have the time to infuse new more effective players and bin some of the crap ones. Guardiola could not make good players out of many of our current lot.

December 26, 2017, 11:18:55 PM
Reply #17

everton1952

Don't be silly, it'll be a scoreless draw, as will the replay. Klopp has a cardiac on the sidelines and we win on penalties (the only shots we get over the two games).
I would love that, except it might strain a few good Shite friendships to do it twice..

December 26, 2017, 11:21:04 PM
Reply #18

everton1952

as I don't live in the uk, but can see every game live, so I can make a judgement on what I see. No I did not turn the tv off at 2 am during the Chelsea game nor boo the side. That was a great result against a form team. Whereas today's game was against a bad, out of form side in 19th place, which most teams have beaten. one should expect some sort of attacking game at least.
Bless you for staying up til 2am. I withdraw the "turd" reference unreservedly.

December 26, 2017, 11:24:39 PM
Reply #19

everton1952

No. West Brom are a shambles. We have plenty of good players. We have resorted to literally pumping it to the corner flag and hoping to pick up free kicks or throw ins. Raise your expectations, and get some perspective.
Fair enough. Name an 11 containing "plenty of good players" by which I presume you mean PL class players and not hopefuls/wannabees.

December 26, 2017, 11:43:26 PM
Reply #20

everton1952

Watford are catching us up. The Silva swooners will be bigging him up again soon. He is so good looking and maybe a bit shy.

December 27, 2017, 12:01:45 AM
Reply #21

everton1952

One thing for certain is that there have been so many games in the short time Allardyce and his team have been here, they can have no illusions about the size of the task ahead of them. They have harnessed the pluck and the effort and must have a clear idea of how lacking the squad is in creativity and goal scoring. It might take 3 signings to fix that, and they may not all come in January. Lots of patience needed I think.

December 27, 2017, 03:51:17 AM
Reply #22

everton1952

Saw where Sam was coming from in his honest post match interview. No flannel, we are playing young players who should not be exposed to so many continual games. Some of them panic and can't pass a ball straight such as Davies and DCL.  Other players are ill or still not fit to be selected. WBA should have won. He said it as if he expects improvements when Rooney and others get fit.  Trouble is there are no signs at all of Barkley, Baines, Seamus or even the much maligned McCarthy being fit any time soon. Clearly there are others who do not get selected at all for whatever reason such as Vlasic, Besic etc. Bolassie is probably 5 or 6 games away from being match fit. It is probably going to be a rocky month of January but we are not losing games despite some poor performances.