January 18, 2018, 10:13:52 PM

Author Topic: West Brom V Everton. Boxing day.  (Read 7722 times)

December 27, 2017, 01:49:05 AM
Reply #510

Major Clanger

Agree

Most dilusional fans around.

Think they play a special way that they haven’t played in over 40 years.

Big Sam was right about West Ham fans, they would turn on Bilic. The West Ham fans at the time laughed, but look who was correct.

It's hardly the prediction of the century.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 27, 2017, 01:49:37 AM
Reply #511

therealdunc

thought we'd get to January at least before Tom Davies took over from Ross Barkley as being the local lad everyone loves to hate

Call a spade a spade

Davies has been dreadful all season, today as bad as his performance in the Merseyside derby
Blue

December 27, 2017, 01:49:51 AM
Reply #512

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Disappointing to see Allardyce trying to shoehorn three CBs in as well.

Understandable to an extent against Chelsea but we showed at Newcastle that it’s not necessary.

Three cbs was a mistake, totally agree on that. Perhaps it was because he doesn't have faith that Schneiderlin is up to the defensive task on his own?

I'm happy to remain unbeaten in a month. I'm happy we've only conceded 2 goals in the same space of time, and only one of those goals actually mattered and hurt us. We're stable, we're hard to beat again. Now it's up to Sam to find the balance and get us to win more regularly and against shit teams too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 27, 2017, 01:52:04 AM
Reply #513

mikey_blue

Mistake by Big Sam today. Shouldn't of broke up a winning formula. Live and learn. Still picked up a point away from home so it's not all bad.

December 27, 2017, 02:19:07 AM
Reply #514

KoemansNumberTens

We were all talking about damage limitation til the window opened. We've made it and in a relatively good position too.
We were obviously shit today but then we've spent the last 4 months listing all the stuff our side is lacking. Let's see where we stand when the window shuts.

December 27, 2017, 02:20:00 AM
Reply #515

loroloco

Call a spade a spade

Davies has been dreadful all season, today as bad as his performance in the Merseyside derby

call a spade a spade. heīs fucking 19 years old, heīs a blue and he has the world at his feet if only he can keep those feet on the ground. give the lad a break. itīs really pissing me off the amount of evertonians who want us to become the new man city. where are all the city local lads playing?? we all want success but if it comes with the price of us selling our soul then you can keep it as far as iīm concerned. jj kenny has been a mountain for us in the past few weeks. rooney has been our leading man. a lot of people pissed off that ross seems to be out the door. i saw joe royle getting stick on here recently when he retired over how things went during unsyīs stint. i want success too, but i want it with the knowlege that everton will always remain the pride of merseyside, the peopleīs club, the team my dad brought me to support and his dad before him, the same club i bring my own kids to see. youīre giving a 19 year old lad, whose dream is to play for his beloved blues, stick. get a fucking life mate.

December 27, 2017, 02:24:56 AM
Reply #516

Dr. Sponge

Davies and DCL should be granted immunity from heavy criticism, seen as they both have the football age of a sperm.

Far too young to have their performances analyses too harshly. The real fail was the recruitment in the summer.

December 27, 2017, 02:42:31 AM
Reply #517

KoemansNumberTens

call a spade a spade. heīs fucking 19 years old, heīs a blue and he has the world at his feet if only he can keep those feet on the ground. give the lad a break. itīs really pissing me off the amount of evertonians who want us to become the new man city. where are all the city local lads playing?? we all want success but if it comes with the price of us selling our soul then you can keep it as far as iīm concerned. jj kenny has been a mountain for us in the past few weeks. rooney has been our leading man. a lot of people pissed off that ross seems to be out the door. i saw joe royle getting stick on here recently when he retired over how things went during unsyīs stint. i want success too, but i want it with the knowlege that everton will always remain the pride of merseyside, the peopleīs club, the team my dad brought me to support and his dad before him, the same club i bring my own kids to see. youīre giving a 19 year old lad, whose dream is to play for his beloved blues, stick. get a fucking life mate.

Sorry but if you prefer this to what city are doing you're a lunatic

December 27, 2017, 02:51:27 AM
Reply #518

Macca77

Allardyce is shit

December 27, 2017, 02:54:16 AM
Reply #519

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

That dream  that your local lads have to play for their beloved blues, same one that Jeffers, Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley had ?

December 27, 2017, 02:58:52 AM
Reply #520

KoemansNumberTens

Allardyce is shit

Not wrong. Doesn't matter how logsided and in many cases shit our squad is. We've decided we have top 4 ambitions and he's falling short.

I'm genuinely fucking livid he hasn't turned DCL into Kane and Lennon into Salah. Where is our free flowing football.

December 27, 2017, 02:59:14 AM
Reply #521

loroloco

Sorry but if you prefer this to what city are doing you're a lunatic

fair enough mate. not gonna get into a back and forth on here. itīs pointless. youīd prefer to support a soulless club, with no connection to the city, that wins. canīt complain with that i suppose. what will you do when the support for the club is outweighed by foreigners than locals and the club then decides to go play in london instead  because its more profitable for them to be based there than in liverpool. when the fans in china are more important than the oneīs in the ground. you think thatīs not where the league is headed?? you think money isnīt the driving factor in football these days as it is in the states??  (rhetorical questions of course).

so yeah, maybe i am a lunatic, but iīd still prefer to support everton, in liverpool, where local boys actually have a hope of playing for us, fighting for a european spot than be a sell out club where i canīt get a season ticket and the game per game ticket price is a weeks wages with the ground full of japanese tourists. but thatīs just me. i for one wish tom davies all the best and hope he goes on to win the fucking balon dor, while wearing the blue of everton.

December 27, 2017, 02:59:59 AM
Reply #522

Mayor Farnum

I've never really understood this idea that acquiring the best talent equated to selling your soul. For thirty years we've been putting the names of tinned meat, mobile phones and bookies on the front of our shirts. The sleeves have now been sold. Selling your soul appears to be the level that we haven't been in a position to exploit yet and calling it such is our way with dealing with it.
I am just old enough to remember when Everton could write bigger cheques than most; it's great!

December 27, 2017, 03:09:23 AM
Reply #523

KoemansNumberTens

fair enough mate. not gonna get into a back and forth on here. itīs pointless. youīd prefer to support a soulless club, with no connection to the city, that wins. canīt complain with that i suppose. what will you do when the support for the club is outweighed by foreigners than locals and the club then decides to go play in london instead  because its more profitable for them to be based there than in liverpool. when the fans in china are more important than the oneīs in the ground. you think thatīs not where the league is headed?? you think money isnīt the driving factor in football these days as it is in the states??  (rhetorical questions of course).

so yeah, maybe i am a lunatic, but iīd still prefer to support everton, in liverpool, where local boys actually have a hope of playing for us, fighting for a european spot than be a sell out club where i canīt get a season ticket and the game per game ticket price is a weeks wages with the ground full of japanese tourists. but thatīs just me. i for one wish tom davies all the best and hope he goes on to win the fucking balon dor, while wearing the blue of everton.

City didn't relocate, Davies won't win the world player of the year. Didn't see any sad city fans when Aguero scored that last minute title decider

I just want to win. I couldn't care less about JJK and Davies if we were playing Alves and Modric in their positions.

December 27, 2017, 03:09:57 AM
Reply #524

benny

NSNO Subscriber
That dream  that your local lads have to play for their beloved blues, same one that Jeffers, Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley had ?

there`s nothing wrong in wanting or dreaming mate