August 20, 2018, 04:06:21 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 51695 times)

December 28, 2017, 07:24:03 PM
Reply #135

mikey_blue

There's no better feeling in football than when your team signs some exotic foreign footballer with a decent YouTube clip that you know fuck all about. It's sheer excitement. Unfortunately, it's 6 months down the line and that feeling has transitioned into the realisation you've signed the Turkish/ German version of Grant Holt that counts the most.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:41:21 PM by mikey_blue »

December 28, 2017, 07:57:41 PM
Reply #136

D15TIN

There's no better feeling in football than when your team signs some exotic foreign footballer with a decent YouTube clip that you know fuck all about. It's sheer excitement. Unfortunately, it's 6 months down the line and that feeling has transitioned into the realisation you've signed the Turkish/ German version of Grant Holt that counts the most.
Don't remember Grant Holt scoring 4 in the champions league like ha, think this fella will turn out good - given the correct service

December 28, 2017, 08:00:19 PM
Reply #137

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
given the correct service

Gulp
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 08:03:49 PM
Reply #138

Lxxx

It is interesting to see how much stick our last number 9 is getting after his dream move. Same issues from the fans he had here, same goal gluts/droughts, same timing and importance of his goals, same work-rate discrepancy from game to game...

All any fan wants from their striker is consistency of performance and if the new lad can put in a physical shift every game and bring others into play this team will look a lot different offensively if it allows other players to have a platform to build on in the final third.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:04:50 PM by Lxxx »

December 28, 2017, 08:19:40 PM
Reply #139

blue slug

Any new striker will struggle to score in this team we hardly create any chances

December 28, 2017, 08:23:51 PM
Reply #140

Macca77

He's already better then Sandro and Niasse combined

And that Kane lad at Spurs

December 28, 2017, 08:27:02 PM
Reply #141

mikey_blue

He's already better then Sandro and Niasse combined

And that Kane lad at Spurs

Harry "4 Season Fluke" Kane.

December 28, 2017, 08:51:27 PM
Reply #142

Simon Paul

Administrator
Harry "4 Season Fluke" Kane.

I know he scores goals and creates goals, but I don't like him as a player

I have no idea why as I really liked Lukaku when he was with us

December 28, 2017, 09:01:15 PM
Reply #143

Makis

Gulp
That's a new nickname, but I'll just keep calling him Siggy.

December 28, 2017, 09:22:42 PM
Reply #144

Lxxx

Any new striker will struggle to score in this team we hardly create any chances

Is it chicken or egg scenario though. Do we fail to create chances because we donít have a striker good enough for this level to lead the line and provide a platform to build an attack?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:24:17 PM by Lxxx »

December 28, 2017, 09:36:42 PM
Reply #145

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is it chicken or egg scenario though. Do we fail to create chances because we donít have a striker good enough for this level to lead the line and provide a platform to build an attack?

No I donít think so really, it will contribute but not for me.

We struggle to make chances because we lack the kind of midfield that can build sustained pressure in the final third, we lack bombastic 1-v-1 attackers who can commit players or attack space, we lack a deep playmaker and a 10 who can turn passive possession into incisive possession, and finally yeah we lack a decent striker who carries threat inside the penalty box.

I imagine what will happen with this lad is weíll spank it towards the corner flag and hope his quality is enough to get us near the box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 10:05:45 PM
Reply #146

MexicanToffee

If Rooney, Sigurdsson and Bolasie can provide some service then I can see no reason why this guy will not continue to hit the back of the net consistently. Might just provide the just the right ingredient that sparks the next development of Calvert-Lewin...fingers crossed.
ďHe loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.Ē

December 28, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
Reply #147

Lxxx

No I donít think so really, it will contribute but not for me.

We struggle to make chances because we lack the kind of midfield that can build sustained pressure in the final third, we lack bombastic 1-v-1 attackers who can commit players or attack space, we lack a deep playmaker and a 10 who can turn passive possession into incisive possession, and finally yeah we lack a decent striker who carries threat inside the penalty box.

I imagine what will happen with this lad is weíll spank it towards the corner flag and hope his quality is enough to get us near the box.

Of course we lack quality pretty much all around the park but we've not done atrocious for goals so far, 9th highest and 9th in the league so we're on par, with a young lad up top who is woefully short of the quality and influence we need.
Sigurdsson built his career by playing off a physical front man and the defence has been under constant pressure since day one this season as every clearance comes straight back at them, as DCL gets bullied most games and isn't experienced enough to buy a cheap free kick to relieve the pressure.
I'm not saying there would be a marked improvement in our position and we do still need an overhaul but you can see what Koeman was aiming for when he chased Giroud for so long with players like Bolasie, Rooney, Sig and Klaassan bought to provide a foil for a strong target man.

December 28, 2017, 10:16:45 PM
Reply #148

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít disagree with that tbf mate, will be interesting to see what happens.

Always imagine Koemans masterplan was a big 9 with goalscorers off him, might see it in action if tosun is like that.

December 28, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
Reply #149

everton1952

Can't accuse Everton of inertia, and the window hasn't opened yet. Who next will it be? This is better than clocking down the minutes before the end of the transfer window. This should be interesting.