August 21, 2018, 03:12:08 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 51800 times)

January 03, 2018, 07:10:32 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

We've got a squad of over 30 players, most of which aren't very good and a decent number of them on over £70k/week I would say. Wage bill would need trimming I would think if we're going to add another two on over £100k/week to it.

January 03, 2018, 08:27:26 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

If Walsh isn't to blame for our recruitment failures, then who is? How many of the signings have worked out? I'd say 3. Pickford, Rooney (which was always going to happen) and Vlasic.

Even Vlasic is debatable. To date.

January 03, 2018, 10:05:15 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

We should have been closing this deal with the Turkish club before the window even opened.

I'm sure the word around Europe is that we're an easy target to pummel some cash from so they're just doing what I would expect them to do and wait for us to blink first. You can't blame them really watching how we conducted the Sigurdsson deal.

January 04, 2018, 05:03:28 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/04/cenk-tosun-join-everton-besiktas

The Besiktas president has said that the striker Cenk Tosun will join Everton and that the transfer will be completed by the weekend.

The negotiations between the two clubs have been ongoing for several weeks and the two parties met in London on Wednesday, agreeing a deal which will see the 26-year-old join the Premier League side for £27m.

“Our interests and the players interests are important,” Fikret Orman said. “Cenk wants to join Everton. We want to do our part and we are working on a replacement.

“The era of buy, buy, buy is over. This is the era of buy, add value and sell. A final deal has not been reached yet but we have an agreement over the price. The end is near. The transfer will be wrapped up by the weekend.”

We used to do that quite well. Now because everyone knows we have money we buy at the top and we'll probably have to pay players to leave.

January 05, 2018, 04:30:41 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/philkecho/status/949043693415272448

Maybe sending his weekly wage into the stratosphere might sway his decision.

January 05, 2018, 06:13:26 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

Sam just said in The Mirror that he hasn’t played since before Christmas ?

On the ball our new boss isn't he. I wonder when he thinks Simon Coleman might be fit to play too.

January 05, 2018, 09:01:28 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

We must have some wage bill now, with about 35 players and a decent number on over £100k. How times change quickly and I'm probably enjoying us less now we've got money. It's hardly progressed us on the field has it?