December 15, 2018, 02:24:20 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 58371 times)

January 03, 2018, 12:02:41 AM
Reply #645

everton1952

just like the good old days when we bought the wrong Chinese but ended up as a friend to Li Tie
Did the wrong fella actually play in that away cup tie at Wrexham? One of the highlights of the Li Tie period was before the matches watching well dressed Chinese tourists clicking away with their cameras at the less than salubrious buildings along Goodison Road. Lie Tie was a hopeless player, I think he was shifted out to Sheffield Wednesday?

January 03, 2018, 12:11:05 AM
Reply #646

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
@TheRam has saved this thread with his Phil Collins songsmithery.  Genius. We need to sign him now no matter what the cost

January 03, 2018, 12:12:06 AM
Reply #647

Rodenplav64

Did the wrong fella actually play in that away cup tie at Wrexham? One of the highlights of the Li Tie period was before the matches watching well dressed Chinese tourists clicking away with their cameras at the less than salubrious buildings along Goodison Road. Lie Tie was a hopeless player, I think he was shifted out to Sheffield Wednesday?

Lie Weifeng .

January 03, 2018, 12:13:33 AM
Reply #648

gizzblue

Naa he was the better of the two Li Weifing I think his mate, was awful 😅😅...Moyes liked Lie Tie as a dm.
Born not made a blue .

January 03, 2018, 12:17:24 AM
Reply #649

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
he did beside that game I Think he only played once.. As @Rodenplav64 said Weifeng was his name and yes a terrible player Li Tie wasn’t great but not as bad as Peter Degn and Brett Angell

January 03, 2018, 12:19:52 AM
Reply #650

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Pretty sure Li Tie won supporters player of the year in his first season
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 03, 2018, 12:24:15 AM
Reply #651

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
@TheRam has saved this thread with his Phil Collins songsmithery.  Genius. We need to sign him now no matter what the cost

They were actually called Genesis mate.

January 03, 2018, 12:37:15 AM
Reply #652

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
They were actually called Genesis mate.

@Bally can confirm.

January 03, 2018, 12:37:36 AM
Reply #653

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 03, 2018, 12:40:06 AM
Reply #654

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
just like the good old days when we bought the wrong Chinese but ended up as a friend to Li Tie

And Eddie Bosnar to be mates with Cahill.
My momma says I'm special.

January 03, 2018, 12:42:03 AM
Reply #655

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
And Li Weifeng played away at Southampton I think partnering Joseph Yobo, and looked alright.  Then he disappeared.
My momma says I'm special.

January 03, 2018, 12:52:06 AM
Reply #656

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
He sleeps with the fishes.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 03, 2018, 12:57:18 AM
Reply #657

Macca77

Turan, yes please

January 03, 2018, 01:11:20 AM
Reply #658

MmmblueBernard

Arda Turan linked today according to the red echo

Anyone else getting an Arda on?

I can imagine the matchday thread substitute bants now....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 03, 2018, 01:12:39 AM
Reply #659

Paddockoldie

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.

I actually think they became dad rock after Invisible Touch. Much better early and just after Gabriel left. Carpet Crawlers and Suppers Ready are things of beauty. Then there's ' The Cage', 'Cinema Show'... brilliant band with stuff for everyone really so these are just my preferences. Anyway has he signed yet or what?