January 22, 2018, 06:39:07 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce refuses to fuel speculation on players future  (Read 814 times)

December 26, 2017, 09:51:35 PM
Read 814 times

Everton News

Allardyce refuses to fuel speculation on players future

Everton boss Sam Allardyce says that he doesn't want to create speculation on players who could leave in the January transfer window.

Source: Allardyce refuses to fuel speculation on players future

December 27, 2017, 12:03:33 AM
Reply #1

therealdunc

“There’s not a player who has knocked on my door and said they want to get away but if they did we’d more than likely accept it.”

Agree

I read that as -
‘there isn’t a single player in this squad who is off the quality the clubs ambition demands and as such we are happy to let any of them go as they all think they are better than they really are. But I may need them until 31st Jan so I will keep quiet about it’

Blue

December 27, 2017, 12:10:59 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
"There's not a player who has knocked on my door and said they want to get away but if they did we'd more than likely accept it.”

Agree

I read that as -
"there isn't a single player in this squad who is off the quality the clubs ambition demands and as such we are happy to let any of them go as they all think they are better than they really are. But I may need them until 31st Jan so I will keep quiet about it'
Or if a lad says he wants to leave I won't stand in his way as I want players here who want to be here

Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 12:23:58 AM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Either of those scenarios are fine by me.

December 27, 2017, 12:32:42 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

“There’s not a player who has knocked on my door and said they want to get away but if they did we’d more than likely accept it.”

Agree

I read that as -
‘there isn’t a single player in this squad who is off the quality the clubs ambition demands and as such we are happy to let any of them go as they all think they are better than they really are. But I may need them until 31st Jan so I will keep quiet about it’

Or 'we have quite a few on wages which are far in excess of their ability so as we can't shift them on easily if they make the first move it'll get me and the club out of a pretty expensive hole'

December 27, 2017, 12:50:35 AM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Or ‘bog standard response to journalist question not worth reading anything into’.

December 27, 2017, 01:23:06 AM
Reply #6

Cereal Killer

Oh oh oh

Are we all playing amateur psychologist?!

He said no player has knocked on his door? Have all the ones that want out rang a doorbell instead?

December 27, 2017, 02:32:26 AM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

Oh oh oh

Are we all playing amateur psychologist?!

He said no player has knocked on his door? Have all the ones that want out rang a doorbell instead?

Or used the 1980s intercom on Sams leather bound brass studded bureau.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2017, 02:36:13 AM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

They'd sent their agents wouldn't they?

December 27, 2017, 03:30:50 PM
Reply #9

School of Science

Think they would be to scared of losing their 10% of the transfer fee to do that.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15