September 21, 2018, 03:02:59 AM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 11845 times)

February 09, 2018, 08:05:25 PM
Reply #90

Jamokachi

But pretty accurate.

No it's not. A shy lad does not constitute a dumb lad.

February 09, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

No it's not. A shy lad does not constitute a dumb lad.

I'm not saying it does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and mature with age but his life is littered with events that indicate he's got pretty poor judgement and indicate he's not the brightest.

February 09, 2018, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #92

Jamokachi

I'm not saying it does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and mature with age but his life is littered with events that indicate he's got pretty poor judgement and indicate he's not the brightest.

Off the football field...

February 09, 2018, 08:21:49 PM
Reply #93

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He only gets the reputation of being dumb because of where he's from.

Young, working class lad from Liverpool means dumb according to the gutter press.

February 09, 2018, 08:39:20 PM
Reply #94

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
But pretty accurate.

So what is his IQ then if you know ? I think he has sufficient intelligence to put his vast experience as a top flight player with a top flight club under a top flight manager into becoming a top flight coach, which is what a Manager is in todayís world of DOFís and boardroom strategists.

February 09, 2018, 08:46:03 PM
Reply #95

Toddacelli

He gets hammered for the way he speaks - much like Beckham. The rags just like tearing an icon down - it's the only thing they like more than building one up.

I don't think he's stupid. I consider myself a reasonably intelligent, articulate, sensitive person - but I have done some ridiculously stupid things in the past. Mostly involving alcohol. But they don't define me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:48:30 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 09, 2018, 08:50:21 PM
Reply #96

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He gets hammered for the way he speaks - much like Beckham. The rags just like tearing an icon down - it's the only thing they like more than building one up.

He is much improved in interviews, the ..erm..has almost disappeared, look at videos of Beckham 20 years ago and compare with today, would love to see Rooney manage Everton one day.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:54:53 PM by Escla »

February 09, 2018, 08:55:17 PM
Reply #97

Alanvideo

Would love to see Rooney more often on tv after his playing days are over. Imagine him on SSN on Saturday to give a bit of opposition to Thompson & co.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 09, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Reply #98

BlueMaquis

Would love to see Rooney more often on tv after his playing days are over. Imagine him on SSN on Saturday to give a bit of opposition to Thompson & co.

More likely we'll be seeing him on Celebrity Fat Fighters

February 09, 2018, 09:12:14 PM
Reply #99

Lxxx

So what is his IQ then if you know ? I think he has sufficient intelligence to put his vast experience as a top flight player with a top flight club under a top flight manager into becoming a top flight coach, which is what a Manager is in today’s world of DOF’s and boardroom strategists.

Maybe so. I hope he does.

February 09, 2018, 09:22:43 PM
Reply #100

Lxxx

He is much improved in interviews, the ..erm..has almost disappeared, look at videos of Beckham 20 years ago and compare with today, would love to see Rooney manage Everton one day.

Yeh you could tell the other night he's clearly been coached on it as a few times you could see we went to say 'erm' but mentally checked himself.

February 09, 2018, 09:31:57 PM
Reply #101

Major Clanger

Iain Dowie has a degree in engineering and doesn't sound very intelligent either.

And it's debatable how much intelligence (in the narrow sense) really contributes to the success of a manager.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 09, 2018, 09:45:26 PM
Reply #102

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not 100% convinced on the good player = good manager thing but if he wants to do it he should get his badges and work up, not a sweetheart deal at 35.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 09, 2018, 10:07:59 PM
Reply #103

Juanito

I donít know, you might be right but you could also say it could be down to impulse control, rather than intelligence or what he might do under the influence of alcohol, impeding his impulse.

Or lack of fear, as he demonstrated as a 16 year old, dancing through premiership defences like he was on the playground.

February 09, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
Reply #104

Toddacelli

Not 100% convinced on the good player = good manager thing but if he wants to do it he should get his badges and work up, not a sweetheart deal at 35.

Wish that was the case.

We'd be flying high with Koeman right now if that were true.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates