September 24, 2018, 09:09:55 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 19748 times)

December 28, 2017, 01:43:02 AM
Read 19748 times

Bluedylan

Got a feeling these might do us, on that narrow pitch with their ability to put waves of attacks together. Think our defensive stability, while much improved, has relied on a fair bit of luck in a number of games and that'll run out eventually.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2017, 01:58:52 AM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

December 28, 2017, 02:43:18 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Nothing to do with ambitions. I have ambitions to be better them ambitions don't magic up a premier league quality striker, a genuine playmaker or an offensive fit premier league quality winger though. Last I looked we were over 2to1 to win this game. 1 in 3 chance and people are demanding a win like it's unthinkable we won't.

We're probably 2/1 because the bookies noticed we didn't have a shot at goal until injury time, against a team in 19th, who haven't won any Prem game since mid August.

December 28, 2017, 02:48:49 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Were over 2to1 for that game too.

Seems they know Allardyce rather well

December 28, 2017, 02:56:12 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

We've won 2 away games in a year. Half of which was under allardyce. Yeah our problem is definitely him

Mate we've got Utd, the RS etc coming up, and you're going to be arguing that we'll do brilliantly to get anything at all out of those games and you will be right and people will agree with you.

But don't try to sell us that shite against 18th and 19th in the league. It doesn't wash.

December 28, 2017, 03:11:32 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

I'm not saying I'd be delighted with a draw. I'm saying we are a bit shit and according to the odds a draw would be a reasonable result.

Have you watched us play. We haven't controlled a 90 minutes all season. Given that we can't be that confident or expectant of beating anyone. Unfortunately we just aren't very good and for me won't be until we add 2 or 3 quality players in attacking positions

You're effectively saying we're fairly shite right? Ok, and we're 9/10 places above those two teams in the league, so that says that they are significantly worse than us. Forget bookies. The table tells you where you are in relation to other teams.

Those two teams are garbage and a team 9/10 places above them should expect to beat them (and have a shot or two against them) every single time, in every situation, in every league.

Apart from trying to lower expectations, so that we all think a point against dross is a good result, what you're saying doesn't actually make logical sense at all.

December 28, 2017, 03:43:04 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

But our away record is worse than their home records (I would assume or they'd have been relegated)

we just aren't very good. Hopefully we'll play well defensively and snatch it. There's nothing in the past year that suggests we'll control the game and create lots of chances.

As you well know, no-one is expecting us to control the game and create lots of chances. You, and people who agree with you, keep deliberately misrepresenting what me and others are saying.

Just a few shots on goal and a decent counter attacking display would be a start. At the moment we're just camping out in our box and launching it to the corner flag.

December 29, 2017, 03:01:56 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Lads, can we stop saying that people are expecting really good football or to be controlling games, because no one is. I don't even have an issue with us setting up to be solid and difficult to beat in most games.

BUT...you have to have a genuine counter attacking threat of some description, and that has been the disappointment. That's all we're asking for, and that definitely isn't asking for too much.

December 30, 2017, 08:10:09 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Got some sympathy with Allardyce on this one because we've got Utd in 48 hours, and Liverpool 4 days after that. Not easy juggling and keeping people fit.

December 30, 2017, 08:27:44 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

McCarthy and gueye will do a job in getting the ball back for us
Sadly, we have noone then who can create

Only thing I can think is Gylfi as a CM, and Vlasic/Lookman in the attacking position but he doesn't seem to want to try that

December 30, 2017, 09:29:52 PM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

We're not even that defensively secure.

December 30, 2017, 09:31:24 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Let's put it this way - other than Callum Wilson being better than DCL is there a position on the field that Bournemouth actually have better players than us?

I don't think so, but with the players we are playing we won't create a thing.

As someone said, maybe the plan is keep it tight and bring on fresh legs in attack to push them in the last 15-20 minutes.

Ake's a good player.

December 30, 2017, 09:33:03 PM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

I hope Tosun hasn't watched us play lately.

December 30, 2017, 09:34:55 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

This is the issue with setting up ultra defensive. The luck runs out and then what have you got?

December 30, 2017, 09:38:44 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

not to fan the flames lads but i've seen this away performance from Everton about a hundred times over recent years.

Putting this and the last game down as a big sam special doesn't seem right to me

Did you watch the West Brom game?