September 26, 2018, 07:32:45 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 19822 times)

December 28, 2017, 01:24:23 AM
Read 19822 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Be nice if we maybe tried to score a goal in this one. The way they play they're always vulnerable at the back, no reason for us not to have a go.

The ship has been steadied, we're on a decent unbeaten run so now we need to start playing a bit of football.

December 28, 2017, 01:35:01 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Won 2 away games in a year. I think people have to be realistic about how good (or bad) we actually are.
Unfortunately a draw is a more than decent result for us here

No it's not.

December 28, 2017, 02:20:37 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Well we weren't favourites for the West Brom game and we aren't favourites for this. It seems the views here on games we should be winning aren't shared by less biased judges.
We should be winning based on spend and ambition but unfortunately we are actually a bit shit.

It's nothing to do with being biased, if you think drawing away to the team third bottom of the league ten points behind our poor start is a "more than decent result" then you really do have pathetic ambitions.

December 28, 2017, 02:41:41 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Nothing to do with ambitions. I have ambitions to be better them ambitions don't magic up a premier league quality striker, a genuine playmaker or an offensive fit premier league quality winger though. Last I looked we were over 2to1 to win this game. 1 in 3 chance and people are demanding a win like it's unthinkable we won't.

No one's demanding a win or saying it's unthinkable that we won't.

Drawing at Bournemouth isn't a "more than decent result" though.

December 28, 2017, 02:48:05 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
It is for where we are.

No honestly, it isn't. Regardless of what the bookies say.

December 28, 2017, 03:00:18 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Go get rich then. If they are wrong go make some money. I'd imagine Bournemouths home record is a hell of a lot better than our away record though.

I'm not interested in what the bookies are saying or putting money on it. Look, forget our away form, forget the bookies, forget Bournemouth's home form, forget everything in fact, Everton Football Club drawing with AFC Bournemouth anywhere is not a "more than decent result" and it's a pathetic mentality to think it is. These are the type of games we should be having a proper go at winning.

December 28, 2017, 03:14:35 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Absolutely and we should have a striker. We should have proper cover at left back. We sure as hell should have a playmaker given we apparently signed 3. I'm not arguing the point of ambition. We should be hammering these but currently we don't have a squad to hammer anyone
We can say "we are Everton" all we like but that's not the reality of what we can field on a Saturday

I know, we all know, you've trotted the same thing out umpteen times. Bringing it up in every thread isn't going to make it any different though.

You can have an opinion without repeating it 100's of times.  :thumbsup:

December 28, 2017, 03:46:36 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm actually talking about the reality of our squad compared to you shouting "we are Everton" I'm not so much repeating my opinion more urging you to look at reality.

I'm not shouting "we are Everton" no one is and no one is demanding we win. I'm just stating that we should be looking to win these kind of games and not thinking a draw is a decent result, regardless of our squad shortcomings.

December 28, 2017, 04:52:09 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
It's all a bit David Moyes 'knife to a gunfight' and 'just want to get out alive' mentality. It's Bournemouth away not Man City.

December 28, 2017, 08:50:14 PM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
The wages are a reflection on the obscene amount of money floating around the Premier League rather than a gauge of the quality on show. There's some very average players in the Premier League and even the Championship earning money way beyond that of their ability.

December 28, 2017, 10:48:32 PM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
But surely if those ‘very poor players’ could be replaced with ‘good players’ from Spain, on a third of the wages, why wouldn’t teams do it?

I said "very average" not poor. ;)

I don't know, you'd need to ask the scouts and managers about that, although if the story you read is true then it is a surprise that the Premier League and Championship isn't awash with Spanish players? All I was saying is players wages doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better quality of league, it just means there's more money to pay better wages.

And I've completely lost track of what any of this has to do with Bournemouth v Everton? :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:49:54 PM by Gash »

December 29, 2017, 03:04:37 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Do you know we are playing premier league Bournemouth, not non league Bromley?

This talk that somehow if we attack them they will fall apart and we win. That’s not based on any sense of reality.

An ageing Defoe would walk into our team.
They will start the match with the best finisher on the pitch.

He's injured. But crack on building them up like they're Man City.

December 29, 2017, 08:25:04 PM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
Anti Sam agenda

Not at all, I wasn't really for him coming but I'm reasonably happy with what he's done so far.

There's a happy medium though, an 'anti Sam agenda' isn't any different to a 'pro Sam agenda' and making out that Bournemouth are some sort of Premier League heavyweights to soften the blow if we don't beat them.

December 30, 2017, 12:49:57 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Loads of agenda on this forum

He has a big injury list, taken over a team with zero confidence that was conceding many goals under the clown Unsworth and fraud Koeman and hasn’t had a transfer window to buy any players.

But haters gonna hate, sad.

Not having a bad word against someone and constantly exaggerating his achievements both in the past and so far here is a bigger agenda than anything else.

I doubt there's anyone that isn't happy that he's steadied the ship and made us harder to beat, what people are wanting now is to see if he can move on to the next level and put his money where his mouth is so to speak, he says he doesn't like the firefighter tag so now's his chance to prove that. All he's done so far is what is Sam Allardyce known for (the very reputation he doesn't like) go in and make a team hard to beat and not concede goals, now people want to see if we can start being a bit more attacking and play actual football rather than just play backs to the wall, hoof it up the park and try and knick a goal.

To be fair, he's making the right noises about wanting to be more attacking and getting a quality striker in but lets not start making out that he's suddenly reinvented the fucking wheel, he's not done anything over and above what he's known for, dull hard to beat football but we had over a game and a half against Chelsea and West Brom without a shot on target, that's nothing to praise him for regardless of the players at his disposal and something he needs to change.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:52:53 AM by Gash »

December 30, 2017, 01:08:13 AM
Reply #14

Gash

Global Moderator
It’s not his squad!!
He has had 7 games , seven!

Give him the summer transfer window and a pre season then judge him in October.
That’s what I said when he took over and I stand by it.

Ridiculous to judge him a few days before a window with an injury hit team and a squad full of stale crap like Besic, Lennon and Williams, a clown playing at left back and no decent striker.

Plus have people forgotten we are playing away not as Home?

So much agenda on this forum , Allardyce could win the league and some of you would slag him off for having the wrong colour tie.

See this is the problem, you're taking every comment as a massive criticism of Allardyce and then getting all dramatic about it. Then you're trying to play down the squad we've got even though it's still perfectly capable of 7th or 8th which is where we were looking at right at the beginning of the season anyway. It's a lost argument when you start using Besic as an example given he's played a total of 273 minutes all season (only 46 of which were in the Premier League), Lennon's been good when he's played and ironically Williams has improved massively under Allardyce.

It's classic playing things down so that if he fucks it up the excuses are already there. And you say everyone else has the agenda.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:33:34 AM by Gash »