December 12, 2018, 08:13:00 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 22860 times)

December 28, 2017, 08:56:22 PM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

The wages are a reflection on the obscene amount of money floating around the Premier League rather than a gauge of the quality on show. There's some very average players in the Premier League and even the Championship earning money way beyond that of their ability.

Exactly. English footballs new found wealth has just seen them spend more on the exact same standard of player

December 28, 2017, 10:23:11 PM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Cannot help what the profession earns, beyond our control - the going rate is the going rate and if they are overpaid, that's their luck, however obscene

If us fans don't like it, we don't have to support them or the game

I think the point is they are overpaid compared to other leagues not as a profession. So rather than overpaying we should just pay better players from elsewhere the money instead.

Wages and transfer fees in English football are rising.... standards are not

December 29, 2017, 08:52:21 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

Annoys me the way some people think hes some sort of miracle worker, we were never in danger of being in trouble, we beat shite teams and he gets hailed even more, we draw against average struggling teams and it's a good result. A draw on Sat is far from a good result, its poor, same as the West Brom game.

I assume you were always telling us we had good defenders but just a poor manager

See this is the agenda. He's done a great job so far and yet there's plenty who want to give him little to no credit

People are absolutely itching to slaughter him. He rightly should have bought himself a reasonable amount of time with the results to date.

I don't think he's a miracle worker but I don't know how anyone can dispute he's done a great job this far

December 29, 2017, 09:26:33 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

He's done a good job so far, not great.

Think the majority of comments have been fair towards him so far.

Apart from the odd person I don't see anyone pushing an agenda.

I think people just have different expectations to others.

I think most have been fair but a lot of them fair ones do also add that they'll be no patience when the results go south.

We've not even had a transfer window yet and we were in a dreadful mess before he came. We've improved massively but there's definitely plenty who don't want to give him much time if the results aren't great.

Not so much an agenda but I think a lot decided they didn't want him beforehand and despite him doing a good job so far it will take very little for them to decide they were right all along.

December 29, 2017, 09:29:14 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

No agenda at all, never wanted him here, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and hail him as some of saviour now, yes he's doing a decent job, but performances need to improve

Them results are much better than decent. We'd have been happy with them under Martinez when we thought we were on the brink of something. The results have been great. Defensively apart from West Brom the performances have been great too. Attacking wise we've been shite.
Maybe I'm in a slightly different position being more miserable than most as I just think our attacking players are crap. Think we'll be much better after the window (assuming we get 2 or 3 in)

December 29, 2017, 10:33:46 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

I have patience
I don't have patience with people telling me I should be happy with a nil nil, backs to the wall, hanging on, one shot on target agaisnt a side who are utter wank tho

Did anyone say that?

December 29, 2017, 10:41:10 PM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

We were 13th when Allardyce was appointed and our league form had begun to turn with an easy set of fixtures coming up.

Maybe we should get koeman back seeing as the fixture list was our only problem

The truth is we fluked a couple of results under unsworth to get us in that position. We look so much better defensively since allardyce came in

I just wonder when people will actually concede he's doing a good job. 1 poor performance with an average result and people are back moaning despite all the decent performances with good results that came before

December 29, 2017, 11:15:59 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Oh my god most people are saying he's done a good job for fucks sake.

We just have an issue with people like you saying he's basically working miracles and a point against Bournemouth is a good result.

That's where this whole debate stems from

A point against Bournemouth isn't a bad result. Wasnt it you who said anything less than a win was a terrible result. Sorry but that's just not realistic.

December 30, 2017, 03:38:47 AM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

So to sum up, if you bad mouth or criticise Allardyce then you've got an agenda against him, is that right

I think probably when results have been so positive. Though agenda is probably not the right word. Just people started with a very low unfair opinion of him and are very quick to revert back to it

December 30, 2017, 06:02:31 PM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

I disagree . I think Unsworth had worked his way down to the players that gave a fuck at the time we played WHU in front of a home crowd after a run of difficult away games . Without debating the merits of the 2 it was Unsworth and not Allardyce who inherited a mess . That said I think Allardyce is the more likely to maintain a consistent level of form until the end of the season . He knows the next 2 transfer windows are massive for him and the club as after the England debacle and given his age we are as good as it gets . Koeman was on his way as soon as someone bigger came along and Moshiri basically gave him a free reign to fuck it up . I am quite happy to see what he can do as the one thing I am sure off is players won't force him out as easily as they did Martinez and Koeman .

It's utterly laughable to give unsworth the credit instead of allardyce. His performance as manager was inept. In his defence I think he tried to do too much rather than the basics for his audition but to give him credit for our upturn is biased nonsense

December 30, 2017, 07:17:55 PM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

They will both have been doing their absolute best to do a good job.
Is it not, therefore, reasonable, to suggest that there has been some good input from both?
I think there were one or two signs under Unsorth, but never a full 90 mins worth, that things were improving.
I also think that Allardyce, as much as I never wanted him, has added to what Unsworth started and taken it further because he is a far mor experienced manager.

The whole 'Who Started It' debate is a bit ridic.

We're on the Big Sam Train now, if you're still clinging on to Previous Manager Station you'll end up having your arms ripped off.

All aboard!

I've no problem with people suggesting unsworth has had some input in terms of helping allardyce when he came. People are actually claiming we'd turned the corner though and unsworth had solved our problems is nonsense though

December 30, 2017, 07:18:43 PM
Reply #26

KoemansNumberTens

Apparently McCarthy could be back for us (potential replacement for Gana?) and Stanislas is sidelined for them - shite player but huge blow if true, he scores every time they play us.

How long is gueye out for?

December 30, 2017, 07:26:59 PM
Reply #27

KoemansNumberTens

Not sure I've seen that but I'll take your word for it.

The post I quoted said "it was unsworth not allardyce that inherited a mess"
It's just plainly not true. We were terrible defensively under unsworth even in the 4 nil against West Ham.

December 30, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Reply #28

KoemansNumberTens

Think the reality is he probably doesn't rate most of our attacking players. Would have liked a Davies type in today but Davies has been shite. Would like more pace in wide areas but our wingers aren't ready

Good bench though. Quite happy to be tight til half time and then go for them.

December 30, 2017, 09:16:34 PM
Reply #29

KoemansNumberTens

DCL really isn't good enough. Can't fault his effort but that's often all he offers. Got to wonder how bad Niasse and sandro are doing if they can't get ahead of him