January 20, 2018, 09:15:33 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 10573 times)

December 30, 2017, 12:59:34 AM
Reply #150

eyesalwaysblue

Managing a kids team where your all pally pally is a world away from managing adults.

I’m sorry but best being honest with assessments of his dire performance instead of allowing Everton loyalty’s to cloud your judgement

It Says a lot about the Everton fan base and how fickle they are that so many wanted him as manager.
Plenty of idiots around
I understand your view on him taking over the first team, it's a valid point but does he deserve to be called a clown is what i meant that's all.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 30, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
Reply #151

therealdunc

I understand your view on him taking over the first team, it's a valid point but does he deserve to be called a clown is what i meant that's all.

Okay I withdraw it

But
He did say he wanted the job so it’s only fair to judge him on how he did.

I do not take back considering Ronald Koeman a fraud of a football manager.

His commitment to Everton was seriously questionable, but it’s evertons fault for giving him the job in the first place as his commitment at every club he was at was only half hearted

Blue

December 30, 2017, 01:03:39 AM
Reply #152

eugene

Not having a bad word against someone and constantly exaggerating his achievements both in the past and so far here is a bigger appropriate lack of respect  than anything else.

I doubt there's anyone that isn't happy that he's steadied the ship and made us harder to beat, what people are wanting now is to see if he can move on to the next level and put his money where his mouth is so to speak, he says he doesn't like the firefighter tag so now's his chance to prove that. All he's done so far is what is Sam Allardyce known for (the very reputation he doesn't like) go in and make a team hard to beat and not concede goals, now people want to see if we can start being a bit more attacking and play actual football rather than just play backs to the wall, hoof it up the park and try and knick a goal.

To be fair, he's making the right noises about wanting to be more attacking and getting a quality striker in but lets not start making out that he's suddenly reinvented the fucking wheel, he's not done anything over and above what he's known for, dull hard to beat football but we had over a game and a half against Chelsea and West Brom without a shot on target, that's nothing to praise him for regardless of the players at his disposal and something he needs to change.
I fully agree with your post and cometh the hour,
I think it’s shit or bust and I also think he gets us, so 17 months let’s see what he can do.
I think Mosh will back him within reason so to steady the ship faze is complete let’s see what happens in this window! I think it’s obvious he doesn’t like koemans signings so?

December 30, 2017, 01:06:19 AM
Reply #153

eyesalwaysblue

Okay I withdraw it

But
He did say he wanted the job so it’s only fair to judge him on how he did.

I do not take back considering Ronald Koeman a fraud of a football manager.

His commitment to Everton was seriously questionable, but it’s evertons fault for giving him the job in the first place as his commitment at every club he was at was only half hearted

You could never go too far slagging Koeman off for me the man was a turd in the milk..

December 30, 2017, 01:07:44 AM
Reply #154

gizzblue

It's not his squad!!
He has had 7 games , seven!

Give him the summer transfer window and a pre season then judge him in October.
That's what I said when he took over and I stand by it.

Ridiculous to judge him a few days before a window with an injury hit team and a squad full of stale crap like Besic, Lennon and Williams, a clown playing at left back and no decent striker.

Plus have people forgotten we are playing away not as Home?

So much appropriate lack of respect  on this forum , Allardyce could win the league and some of you would slag him off for having the wrong colour tie.
Some might still slag him off for winning the league (gave me a giggle ). ...we didn't pressure Wba a shitter (alleged)team than us ....even under Rhino( who you love to hate historically) we Would ve had a shot even if we lost five nil... there has to be a better medium were we can do both even with Sams negative (so far) aproach ....time will tell I suppose but to class people's opinion as some sort of appropriate lack of respect  is just silly ....most are willing to get behind him but at the same time don't want defence only footy and would like the occasional foray into the opositions half too .

December 30, 2017, 01:07:52 AM
Reply #155

eugene

You could never go too far slagging Koeman off for me the man was a turd in the milk..
Is that a farming expression mate?

December 30, 2017, 01:08:13 AM
Reply #156

Gash

Global Moderator
It’s not his squad!!
He has had 7 games , seven!

Give him the summer transfer window and a pre season then judge him in October.
That’s what I said when he took over and I stand by it.

Ridiculous to judge him a few days before a window with an injury hit team and a squad full of stale crap like Besic, Lennon and Williams, a clown playing at left back and no decent striker.

Plus have people forgotten we are playing away not as Home?

So much appropriate lack of respect  on this forum , Allardyce could win the league and some of you would slag him off for having the wrong colour tie.

See this is the problem, you're taking every comment as a massive criticism of Allardyce and then getting all dramatic about it. Then you're trying to play down the squad we've got even though it's still perfectly capable of 7th or 8th which is where we were looking at right at the beginning of the season anyway. It's a lost argument when you start using Besic as an example given he's played a total of 273 minutes all season (only 46 of which were in the Premier League), Lennon's been good when he's played and ironically Williams has improved massively under Allardyce.

It's classic playing things down so that if he fucks it up the excuses are already there. And you say everyone else has the appropriate lack of respect .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:33:34 AM by Gash »

December 30, 2017, 01:14:07 AM
Reply #157

eyesalwaysblue

Is that a farming expression mate?
No i make them up for people i really hate, and i fuckin hate him.

December 30, 2017, 01:31:08 AM
Reply #158

Ross

Odd that Allardyce is given all this leeway because it’s not his squad and full of shit players yet Unsworth gets no excuses for managing the same squad and never having a transfer window himself.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 30, 2017, 01:37:24 AM
Reply #159

eyesalwaysblue

Odd that Allardyce is given all this leeway because it’s not his squad and full of shit players yet Unsworth gets no excuses for managing the same squad and never having a transfer window himself.
Fair point you sensible bastard.

December 30, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
Reply #160

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can barely understand who’s side who is on here, seems like both sides keep exaggerating what the other side thinks and the opponent rebuffs it.

He’s done well, he’s sorted out a back four that was stinking the fucking place out.

From there we can try and win some games.

We’ve been dogshit going forward and the overall style has been putrid.

He’s assessed that and agrees we need to do better.

It would be nice to beat Bournemouth, but no away game is a given because we’re everton, we’re quite shit ourselves. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world because ultimately there’s fuck all difference between 10th/9th/8th and the seasons gone since we shat the bed in the opening weeks.

Fucking shut up and talk to me about our midfield options. Rooneys back. Ganas out. Davies Schneiderlin Rooney doesn’t seem bad. Wouldn’t be against Sig in the middle with rooney either, or Klaassen.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 02:37:03 AM
Reply #161

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can barely understand who’s side who is on here, seems like both sides keep exaggerating what the other side thinks and the opponent rebuffs it.

He’s done well, he’s sorted out a back four that was stinking the fucking place out.

From there we can try and win some games.

We’ve been dogshit going forward and the overall style has been putrid.

He’s assessed that and agrees we need to do better.

It would be nice to beat Bournemouth, but no away game is a given because we’re everton, we’re quite shit ourselves. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world because ultimately there’s fuck all difference between 10th/9th/8th and the seasons gone since we shat the bed in the opening weeks.

Fucking shut up and talk to me about our midfield options. Rooneys back. Ganas out. Davies Schneiderlin Rooney doesn’t seem bad. Wouldn’t be against Sig in the middle with rooney either, or Klaassen.

I would like to see Rooney in the middle again for sure.

December 30, 2017, 03:18:17 AM
Reply #162

Macca77

So to sum up, if you bad mouth or criticise Allardyce then you've got an appropriate lack of respect  against him, is that right

December 30, 2017, 03:33:06 AM
Reply #163

Martip

People slagging off Sam are delusional imo.....we were so bad pre Sam that we were definately in the worst 3 teams in the league at best. I cannot ever remember average teams tearing us apart so consistently.

So he's come in and plugged the gap as best he could. Admittedly the forward play hasn't been pretty but let's face it he was left a lot of dross to try and sew together.

Whether or not he can spend wisely and make us an attacking threat remains to be seen but I don't see how anyone can comment on his ability to do this effectively as quite simply he's never been afforded the chance before.

Let's give him a chance and get behind him as he's done a bloody good job so far....if he wastes money and we turn crap then we can slag him off as all mouth and no trousers.

December 30, 2017, 03:38:47 AM
Reply #164

KoemansNumberTens

So to sum up, if you bad mouth or criticise Allardyce then you've got an appropriate lack of respect  against him, is that right

I think probably when results have been so positive. Though appropriate lack of respect  is probably not the right word. Just people started with a very low unfair opinion of him and are very quick to revert back to it