November 22, 2018, 02:37:07 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 22154 times)

December 30, 2017, 03:33:06 AM
Read 22154 times

Martip

People slagging off Sam are delusional imo.....we were so bad pre Sam that we were definately in the worst 3 teams in the league at best. I cannot ever remember average teams tearing us apart so consistently.

So he's come in and plugged the gap as best he could. Admittedly the forward play hasn't been pretty but let's face it he was left a lot of dross to try and sew together.

Whether or not he can spend wisely and make us an attacking threat remains to be seen but I don't see how anyone can comment on his ability to do this effectively as quite simply he's never been afforded the chance before.

Let's give him a chance and get behind him as he's done a bloody good job so far....if he wastes money and we turn crap then we can slag him off as all mouth and no trousers.

December 30, 2017, 03:49:21 AM
Reply #1

Martip

Im not influenced by any media whatsoever, just don't rate him, never have done, however ill be the first to admit I was wrong if he's somehow successful, made up with Sammy Lee though
Success is a hard one to gauge....you could argue that given the resources he has at his disposal he has already been successful both at everton and previous clubs. Time will tell and his signings key to this story.

December 30, 2017, 05:19:18 PM
Reply #2

Martip

He hasn't been successful at Everton and to say that already is outrageous.

He shored up a leaky defence and made us hard to beat. Exactly what was expected.

If he can go beyond that and take us up a level then he will have been successful.

Plenty of time left and it's too early to judge him. Hopefully we can have a strong transfer window and strengthen appropriately to give him the best chance of success.
I disagree he has been very successful in turning round a team looking like it was going to get relegated. Early days I know but people whether they like him or not should give him some credit for the job done so far.