September 25, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 19773 times)

December 30, 2017, 03:40:34 AM
Reply #165

therealdunc

I think probably when results have been so positive. Though agenda is probably not the right word. Just people started with a very low unfair opinion of him and are very quick to revert back to it

Too many people influenced by the London media

Lots of fake news about
Blue

December 30, 2017, 03:45:02 AM
Reply #166

Macca77

Im not influenced by any media whatsoever, just don't rate him, never have done, however ill be the first to admit I was wrong if he's somehow successful, made up with Sammy Lee though

December 30, 2017, 03:49:21 AM
Reply #167

Martip

Im not influenced by any media whatsoever, just don't rate him, never have done, however ill be the first to admit I was wrong if he's somehow successful, made up with Sammy Lee though
Success is a hard one to gauge....you could argue that given the resources he has at his disposal he has already been successful both at everton and previous clubs. Time will tell and his signings key to this story.

December 30, 2017, 03:49:30 AM
Reply #168

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Too many people influenced by the London media

Lots of fake news about
I'm not influenced by any media. I'm a grown man with my own mind.

I, amongst a few others on here have merely stated things, attacking wise need to improve.

No fucking agenda. In fact I'd say of all the posters with an agenda it's ironic you saying others do
Simply simply lovely

December 30, 2017, 04:38:40 AM
Reply #169

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 30, 2017, 04:40:15 AM
Reply #170

therealdunc

Interesting Coleman comments, encouraging
Blue

December 30, 2017, 04:46:07 AM
Reply #171

therealdunc

He was spot on about the current striker options and the teams lack of finishing and creativity
Blue

December 30, 2017, 05:27:16 AM
Reply #172

cantoffee

Success is a hard one to gauge....you could argue that given the resources he has at his disposal he has already been successful both at everton and previous clubs. Time will tell and his signings key to this story.
He hasn't been successful at Everton and to say that already is outrageous.

He shored up a leaky defence and made us hard to beat. Exactly what was expected.

If he can go beyond that and take us up a level then he will have been successful.

Plenty of time left and it's too early to judge him. Hopefully we can have a strong transfer window and strengthen appropriately to give him the best chance of success.

December 30, 2017, 05:40:09 AM
Reply #173

bigmanbob

He was spot on about the current striker options and the teams lack of finishing and creativity
Hmm not to sure about that. The creativity bit yes but if you stuck Messi and Ronaldo in our team at the mo neither would do any better. Just twatting it up front and hoping is never the best idea

December 30, 2017, 05:43:14 AM
Reply #174

therealdunc

He is clearly not telling them to long ball it to DCL at every opportunity

Vs Chelsea and West Bromwich he was witnessed numerous times shouting at the players to pass
Sammy Lee was also doing the same vs West Brom

I think the difference with a quality striker is they can create a few chances for themselves and will take the few they get.

Plus the midfield may get more confidence knowing there Is a quality front man who will retain possession
Blue

December 30, 2017, 05:55:46 AM
Reply #175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He is clearly not telling them to long ball it to DCL at every opportunity

Vs Chelsea and West Bromwich he was witnessed numerous times shouting at the players to pass
Sammy Lee was also doing the same vs West Brom

I think the difference with a quality striker is they can create a few chances for themselves and will take the few they get.

Plus the midfield may get more confidence knowing there Is a quality front man who will retain possession

This shite is more annoying than the anti-sam shite.

His tactics are and always have been to twat it up the pitch. He comes out after each game and says yeah, not great in possession were we?

At some point it is going to be his responsibility to actually do something about it tactically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 06:02:46 AM
Reply #176

therealdunc

Your ignoring the facts

Numerous people on here witnessed him shouting at the team to pass it vs Chelsea

Same vs West Brom

At one point vs West Brom on the tv coverage you could hear Sammy Lee shouting pass and big sam shouting donít give it away (or something very similar, canít quite remember)

To say the manager doesnít recognise there is a problem going forward and isnít trying to address it is not based on facts or reality.

If by the 1st of feb the problems continue then you can correctly ask why wasnít it addressed in the window.

Even more so on the 1st September
Blue

December 30, 2017, 08:19:18 AM
Reply #177

eyesalwaysblue

Glad to hear his concern about the lack of goals, how could he not be, a fair enough interview.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 30, 2017, 12:50:20 PM
Reply #178

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thereís nothing inherently wrong with more direct styles (aside from aesthetic preference).

The issues are, as with short passing, a) whether you keep it and b) whether you look like doing anything with it.

At the moment our passes forward arenít great and DCL is inconsistent in terms of whether heíll keep the ball either through flick ons or retaining it himself.

The usual chicken and the egg stuff as to which comes first etc.

But SA sorting it out is likely to involve getting better with a direct style.

December 30, 2017, 02:27:40 PM
Reply #179

Rodenplav64

Your ignoring the facts

Numerous people on here witnessed him shouting at the team to pass it vs Chelsea

Same vs West Brom

At one point vs West Brom on the tv coverage you could hear Sammy Lee shouting pass and big sam shouting don’t give it away (or something very similar, can’t quite remember)

To say the manager doesn’t recognise there is a problem going forward and isn’t trying to address it is not based on facts or reality.

If by the 1st of feb the problems continue then you can correctly ask why wasn’t it addressed in the window.

Even more so on the 1st September

I want to laugh and cry at the same time when I read your posts .