December 12, 2018, 10:07:47 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 22866 times)

December 28, 2017, 03:59:02 AM
Read 22866 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
These can actually attack, unlike West Brom.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 06:08:08 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anything but a win and it’s honeymoon period over for Allardyce.

There’s a tremendous lack of patience with our fanbase these days and will turn on Allardyce in no time if results are poor, especially if we’re playing horrible football.

Arguably by starting so well results wise Allardyce has actually created a rod for his own back as expectations have been raised significantly.

I agree. Not arsed about what anyone says about ‘having a go and getting beaten 5-0’ etc. etc. if we have to watch a few more of those painfully drab nil nils the knives will be out, as we all expected and what usually happens with Big Sam’s sides I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bit sick of it all tbh, feel bad saying it but we’ve been so boring to watch for like 18 months + and terrible for a combined 2 years. Turning me off footy.

Don’t particularly rate the squad, don’t think there are any champions league quality players, and I don’t particularly rate our manager or back room team.

Think we’ve missed the boat once again, and although we were clutching to the top 6 with our fingernails it’s never been clearer the vast difference between us and the big clubs and I don’t see us making that ground up ever.

December 28, 2017, 06:48:23 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The way we approach games against the top 6 tells us how far away from them we are. We don't even attempt to have a shot on the opposition goal, which for a team generally recognised as the 7th best team in the country is a pretty sad indictment of the quality of our league.

Unfortunately so. I know people moan about the ‘you shouldn’t be defending at home’ thing but it’s a natural reaction to the way the leagues gone.

The big boys have teams, squads, managers and resources magnitudes above what anyone else has, so what the bloody hell can we do about it? What’s the point? People will just stop going the match I think, having to watch shite like city v Newcastle, or us vs Chelsea the other night.

Not pleased about it but it does look like the league is going to eat itself.

December 28, 2017, 07:46:08 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agree that the PL standard below the top 6 is poor. Disagree that this has put off the fans who in most cases turn up in good numbers. We get 39000 every home game. The three coming up from the Championship will bring more full houses. I agree with Allardyce who said there is little point in building a new ground unless we are challenging for the top places.  How far are we from that? Probably some distance, yet people are calling for his head already after only a few weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day. Can Allardyce build a team to seriously challenge the top 6? I don't know, but he certainly cannot do it in less than 2 seasons. We shall see. Those who don't want to  spend their money watching this present Everton can make their choice and stay away. Plenty will take their places.

I’m not saying the fans have turned their back, i’m saying they eventually will if this disparity continues/gets greater which it will.

Nobody is calling for his head, but the slightly grim reality of hoofball under sam is becoming clear. To be absolutely fair, he needs time to bring in some players as I say, I don’t rate our team or squad, we look so fucking mid table it’s not even funny.

December 30, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can barely understand who’s side who is on here, seems like both sides keep exaggerating what the other side thinks and the opponent rebuffs it.

He’s done well, he’s sorted out a back four that was stinking the fucking place out.

From there we can try and win some games.

We’ve been dogshit going forward and the overall style has been putrid.

He’s assessed that and agrees we need to do better.

It would be nice to beat Bournemouth, but no away game is a given because we’re everton, we’re quite shit ourselves. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world because ultimately there’s fuck all difference between 10th/9th/8th and the seasons gone since we shat the bed in the opening weeks.

Fucking shut up and talk to me about our midfield options. Rooneys back. Ganas out. Davies Schneiderlin Rooney doesn’t seem bad. Wouldn’t be against Sig in the middle with rooney either, or Klaassen.

December 30, 2017, 05:55:46 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He is clearly not telling them to long ball it to DCL at every opportunity

Vs Chelsea and West Bromwich he was witnessed numerous times shouting at the players to pass
Sammy Lee was also doing the same vs West Brom

I think the difference with a quality striker is they can create a few chances for themselves and will take the few they get.

Plus the midfield may get more confidence knowing there Is a quality front man who will retain possession

This shite is more annoying than the anti-sam shite.

His tactics are and always have been to twat it up the pitch. He comes out after each game and says yeah, not great in possession were we?

At some point it is going to be his responsibility to actually do something about it tactically.

December 30, 2017, 05:30:23 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Kenny Holgate Keane Cuco

Davies Schneiderlin Rooney

Lennon    DCL  Sigurdsson

Is what I reckon it will probably be, at some point I wouldn’t mind a little

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Keane Cuco

Schneiderlin Rooney

Lennon Sigurdsson Bolassie

DCL

Really want to get Sigurdsson in the 10 and rooney in the middle. But he might wait til we have a few recruits for that.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:40 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not watching. Another Big Sam masterclass is it?

December 30, 2017, 09:38:08 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
3 DM’s at Bournemouth 😂

Fuck off Everton

December 30, 2017, 11:01:37 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder if this result validities xg a bit

Sitting back and eeking out results through luck while conceding chances and creating little won’t get you very far.

In fact it will probably get you mid table at best, which Big Sam knows all about.

December 31, 2017, 12:54:36 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is what it is really, can’t tell me there’s a quality difference between us, palace, West Ham, Watford, Leicester, Burnley in terms of squad and management.

Only thing we have going for us is our name.

We’ve sunk into mid table, sold our prize jewels without replacing...Story of my life as an Everton fan tbh.

December 31, 2017, 12:58:44 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Massive difference between us and Burnley in terms of management.

True unfortunately.

Roy has palace absolutely balling as well.

December 31, 2017, 08:31:34 AM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I appreciate his honest post game comments at least.

Same after every game though innit. Only go do fa
It's all getting a bit partisan in here, but I'd be intrigued to see how the media reacts if we're still playing like this in February.

The results have masked what has been some pretty poor performances IMO. We've had the rub of the green so far under Allardyce

Don’t think anyone outside of L4 will give a shit mate. We scrape 10th with a few 0-0’s and a few 1-0’s - it’s about where the rest of the world sees us and about where we deserve to be.