September 19, 2019, 01:19:24 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 30241 times)

December 28, 2017, 06:49:31 PM
Read 30241 times

hill135

I had no strong feelings on the Allardyce appointment but one thing I was worried about was that it would be divisive. It's proven to be the case with people at each other's throats while we're on a good run of form. Dread what it will be like when we start losing games.

December 30, 2017, 08:18:00 PM
Reply #1

hill135

They're not DMs though are they. They're CMs who happen to be poor at attacking.

We've got a lot of central midfielders but hardly spoilt for choice given that Davies is off the boil, Rooney's out and the others are all identical little crabs.

December 30, 2017, 09:00:31 PM
Reply #2

hill135

these are shite and couldn't manage a game if their lives depended on it. Hoping for a nice 0-1 win

December 30, 2017, 09:25:02 PM
Reply #3

hill135

keane actually passing it on the floor through the lines is good to see.

December 30, 2017, 09:36:30 PM
Reply #4

hill135

not to fan the flames lads but i've seen this away performance from Everton about a hundred times over recent years.

Putting this and the last game down as a big sam special doesn't seem right to me

December 30, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
Reply #5

hill135

Did you watch the West Brom game?

Yes.

How many away games did David Moyes set up to win? Or Ronald Koeman?

The last manager who tried to win away from home was Roberto Martinez and in his best season with us managed it four or five times.

December 30, 2017, 09:47:31 PM
Reply #6

hill135

So Allardyce is absolved of all criticism, because we used to be shit away?

Not having a shot til injury time against a team that hasn't won since August? Nah, not having that.

No, no what I'm saying. I'm providing the context.

It's hard to win away in the Prem. Apart from the top teams, others don't set up to try and win away from home. Historically, we have very rarely tried to win away from home and very rarely actually won away from home. Even when we did try, we generally didn't manage it. Recently we have been a year without winning away from home so it makes sense to try and play for a point to begin with to try and build some confidence.

Uninspiring away performances were here long before Sam Allardyce and will be after he's gone.