August 18, 2019, 08:00:16 PM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 18289 times)

December 30, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Read 18289 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Thinks he's better than he is. I stuck up for him when he wasn't getting games under Martinez and said he was the type of player we were needing but then when he gets a chance he doesn't make the most of it. Seems to have a lot of fall outs as well, I think he's fallen out with every manager here and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already had words with Allardyce.

Time to move on. I don't think he ever recovered from the penalty incident. Kevin Mirallas got the better side of the deal, he's done far better out of Everton than Everton got out of him. I certainly wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him.

December 30, 2017, 07:29:05 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Just as a counterpoint to all the inevitable derogatory posts; I like him as a player. Always have done and still do.

For a team so lacking in attacking intent and goal threat, not to have him in the squad (even if it is just on the bench) makes no sense to me.

He isn't a threat anymore though, that's the problem. He's got 8 goals and 8 assists in the league in the last 2 1/2 seasons, that's hardly a goal threat. Coincides with him being poor for the last 2 1/2 seasons as well.

December 30, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
I've had this discussion many times on here. The gist being, take those stats and run them against minutes played. Then analyse how often those minutes exceed 20 minutes per game. In that time you specify he has probably started one game in 4.

You've kind of backed up the point for getting rid of him there. There's a reason he hasn't been getting games......

I would love to know his numbers for shots on target/goal because he has been hitting posts and goalies a lot in that time.

I can't think of too many times he's hit the post but it's kind of irrelevant as you don't get any goals for hitting the post or the goalie.
Even this season when he played we've displayed a better attacking intent.

Can't say I agree with that. You still rate him and that's fair enough, most people did at some point, I certainly did but it's been a long time since he did anything good for us and he's showing no sign of changing that. He wanted away previously and he's certainly not looked to keen on staying here.

May 05, 2018, 04:43:53 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
His attitude's been questionable throughout his time here and not just the penalty incident and now he can't even perform for a team he wants to move to and should be doing all he can to get the move. Time for him to be moved on.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:45:17 AM by Gash »