December 10, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Man United  (Read 15416 times)

January 01, 2018, 07:29:36 PM
Read 15416 times

ally2

Palace and Brighton showing that with real wide attackers you can create chances and hold your own in games.

Vlasic, man.

He has impressed me every time, with his endeavor, strength, ball retention, and attacking intent.

However, neither Unsworth or Allardyce have seemed to trust him so I guess I'm wrong.

In the Europa dead rubber him and Lookman ran the show from the wings (yeah, I know it was a bit of a friendly match in essence, but surely we've got to start trying to take the game to the opposition rather than defending deep and en masse and hoping for the best)

I don't think its as simple as being right or wrong on Vlasic.  I rate him too, certainly over Lennon.  He has lost critical possession when I've seen him too.  Maybe that's the issue.  Or maybe there are non-football reasons that we don't know about.  I think a lot of fans just watch a handful of games and concoct formations and line ups based upon what is a tiny part of the picture.  But even that doesn't make anybody wrong.  I do think that you have to trust the judgement of people who know the entire picture though.  It doesn't happen much on here.  The usual routine is to slag off whoever the manager is and ask questions later.  Happened with Koeman, Unsworth and now Allardyce.

January 01, 2018, 10:43:10 PM
Reply #1

ally2

Like that Everton team.  Plus we get to laugh at Luke Shaw and Phil Jones

January 02, 2018, 12:06:35 AM
Reply #2

ally2

Doing OK so far. We desperately need a good striker though.

January 02, 2018, 12:10:33 AM
Reply #3

ally2

Niasse needs to wake up or get off. He's half asleep

January 02, 2018, 12:43:46 AM
Reply #4

ally2

Vlasic has to concentrate

January 02, 2018, 12:55:09 AM
Reply #5

ally2

Good subs. Just to wind up people on here if nothing else.

January 02, 2018, 01:05:14 AM
Reply #6

ally2

McCarthy has helped us get a foothold on this game. Great sub from Allerdyce.

Nah. The football intelligentsia on here say not so that's how it is.

January 02, 2018, 01:07:35 AM
Reply #7

ally2

What a save

January 02, 2018, 03:32:01 AM
Reply #8

ally2

And so they should, hes proved how one sided he is over our last few games.

Alternatives, I dont know, maybe a manager who sets up to have a go at teams at home, Moyes at his worst is better than big Sam, never thought id say that

"Have a go"?  What with Aaron Lennon, Oumar Niasse, a 20 year old who shouldn't be even playing, a mystery spaniard and a player thats just come back from a year out?  Oh sorry I forgot all those goals from midfield we were scoring before Allardyce arrived.  That was ace.  How I yearn for those days back again.  And give even less supoort to a defence that was almost the worst in the league before Allardyce arrived.  Yeah great idea.

January 02, 2018, 03:39:12 AM
Reply #9

ally2

Worth remembering Sam Allardyce took over a team that had just won 4-0.

That's your point of reference is it?  One game?  C'mon.

I'm not going to be abusive here but clearly it's a lot easier if you go ahead first.

January 02, 2018, 03:50:29 AM
Reply #10

ally2

We had a go with Marcus Bent, we had a go with Straq, fuck we had a go with Steve Watson up front and won games!

Not a single shot on target in our last 2 home games, not one.

I don't think we did have a go with those to be honest but maybe the stats are out there. 

The stat about shots on target is tiresome though.  Yes it is bad.  But WE are bad.  We're shit.  I don't know why so many people can't uncouple these two things, and I don't understand why it has to be Allardyce's fault by association.  We've not been creating many chances all season, and we are not playing hoofball as I pointed out the other day.  And anyway it is possible to win games with minimal shots and chances so I don't find this approach unreasonable.

January 02, 2018, 03:53:23 AM
Reply #11

ally2

David Moyes years.

Well that's not valid is it because it was a completely different team, league and era.  I'm talking pre-Allardyce.

January 02, 2018, 05:07:48 PM
Reply #12

ally2

I agree. Burnley, for example, have attacking players that most would agree are of an inferior standard to us but they consistently pull out decent performances and results against the better teams.

It's all about the intent and instructions you get sent out with.

More nonsense. We played some decent football yesterday considering our attacking options. Burnley are hardly free scoring but they have had a stable squad and manager for a few years now whereas Allardyce has probably had time for a handful of training sessions if that. People are moving with this agenda thing but this is a perfect example. I honestly don't know what you expect him to achieve in the time frame he's been here and an utterly bizarre squad.

And to all the boring (apologies in advance) idiots on here who keep posting the same moaning shite day in day out, I never wanted Allardyce either. But we've got him. You lads need some internet bricks. What help does anyone think there is in constantly taking pot shots?  He's probably not going to be here long term anyway.