May 27, 2018, 06:48:03 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Man United  (Read 11127 times)

January 02, 2018, 03:36:55 AM
Reply #525

Macca77

"Have a go"?  What with Aaron Lennon, Oumar Niasse, a 20 year old who shouldn't be even playing, a mystery spaniard and a player thats just come back from a year out?  Oh sorry I forgot all those goals from midfield we were scoring before Allardyce arrived.  That was ace.  How I yearn for those days back again.  And give even less supoort to a defence that was almost the worst in the league before Allardyce arrived.  Yeah great idea.

We had a go with Marcus Bent, we had a go with Straq, fuck we had a go with Steve Watson up front and won games!

Not a single shot on target in our last 2 home games, not one.

January 02, 2018, 03:37:12 AM
Reply #526

Juanito

And so they should, hes proved how one sided he is over our last few games.

Alternatives, I dont know, maybe a manager who sets up to have a go at teams at home, Moyes at his worst is better than big Sam, never thought id say that

Moyes got us to 4th with 7 goal a season Marcus Bent up top and Kevin Kilbane on the wing. He consistently got us fighting above our weight year after a year and would I imagine, be a better bet than Sam Allardyce, who just seems like a dinosaur.  Canít think why we didnít go for Dyche over this no mark.

January 02, 2018, 03:39:12 AM
Reply #527

ally2

Worth remembering Sam Allardyce took over a team that had just won 4-0.

That's your point of reference is it?  One game?  C'mon.

I'm not going to be abusive here but clearly it's a lot easier if you go ahead first.

January 02, 2018, 03:39:48 AM
Reply #528

Juanito

"Have a go"?  What with Aaron Lennon, Oumar Niasse, a 20 year old who shouldn't be even playing, a mystery spaniard and a player thats just come back from a year out?  Oh sorry I forgot all those goals from midfield we were scoring before Allardyce arrived.  That was ace.  How I yearn for those days back again.  And give even less supoort to a defence that was almost the worst in the league before Allardyce arrived.  Yeah great idea.

David Moyes years.

January 02, 2018, 03:40:38 AM
Reply #529

everton1952

The rain can't get in your eyes of your in the back of the park and you dope 😅😅.but carry on get yourself a hot water bottle and come back when your warmed up bless you..I've been home a while now .

OK if it wasn't rain in your eyes then what was it that prevented you from seeing that Bolassie who had a very good first half could not last much longer and to a lesser extent ditto Rooney. Do you seriously believe they would have been taken off if fit? I know what it was, you wear anti Allardyce blinkers.

January 02, 2018, 03:42:08 AM
Reply #530

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That's your point of reference is it?  One game?  C'mon.

I'm not going to be abusive here but clearly it's a lot easier if you go ahead first.

Just using it as an example as to why we should be expecting a lot more from this team going forward.

People are trying to tell us we shouldn't even have a go at teams because the attacking players are shit.

I'm saying that you can set up compact, whilst still having a threat going forward, and using an example to show that this team can score goals.

January 02, 2018, 03:42:39 AM
Reply #531

boothill

January 02, 2018, 03:42:40 AM
Reply #532

Macca77

And just to add  Allardyce said having no shots on target is normal, fucking normal

January 02, 2018, 03:50:29 AM
Reply #533

ally2

We had a go with Marcus Bent, we had a go with Straq, fuck we had a go with Steve Watson up front and won games!

Not a single shot on target in our last 2 home games, not one.

I don't think we did have a go with those to be honest but maybe the stats are out there. 

The stat about shots on target is tiresome though.  Yes it is bad.  But WE are bad.  We're shit.  I don't know why so many people can't uncouple these two things, and I don't understand why it has to be Allardyce's fault by association.  We've not been creating many chances all season, and we are not playing hoofball as I pointed out the other day.  And anyway it is possible to win games with minimal shots and chances so I don't find this approach unreasonable.

January 02, 2018, 03:53:23 AM
Reply #534

ally2

David Moyes years.

Well that's not valid is it because it was a completely different team, league and era.  I'm talking pre-Allardyce.

January 02, 2018, 03:53:37 AM
Reply #535

gizzblue

OK if it wasn't rain in your eyes then what was it that prevented you from seeing that Bolassie who had a very good first half could not last much longer and to a lesser extent ditto Rooney. Do you seriously believe they would have been taken off if fit? I know what it was, you wear anti Allardyce blinkers.
If you read any of my posts lately I was and still am still willing to give Sam a window ....but you tell me them subs today were any thing but the totally wrong idea playing straight into man u hands and you must be having a pull of my leg ..if Gylfi Jonjoe etc were not fit or fatigued don't bring them for the bench..it's fucking simple really .

And like I keep saying id love to be proved wrong by Sam really I would , but all he does is prove his doubters right every game so far .

Hope your warmed up now .

January 02, 2018, 04:12:44 AM
Reply #536

D3blue

I'm quite happy to support Sam.  The squad is disastrously unbalanced after RK's summer of inept business...he failed to bring in the 1 absolute essential, a quality striker.   Sam has to build a team from a shambles.
He realises the effect a 0-4 hammering would have on the team's fragile confidence so he has to be cautious.  ManU have world class players.  We did ok today.
I'm confident that he will get the right players and balance in the team.  Give him time.

January 02, 2018, 04:31:04 AM
Reply #537

Simon Paul

Administrator
 Nice to see us playing with wingers, just a shame the team are so used to not having them!! Bolasie did well on the times he got forward but he put the brakes on too many times when he had space to run at and knew he could beat his man any time he wanted

Rooney trying too hard but at 1-0 you leave him on rather than trying to protect the deficit with McCarthy.

Pickford kept us respectable again.

Holgate isn't a right back and has never claimed to be

Schneiderlin is a coward

We need a striker or two

Man Utd fans are still proper weapons

January 02, 2018, 04:34:47 AM
Reply #538

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 02, 2018, 04:35:15 AM
Reply #539

Toddacelli

So wtf happened today?

I was out for a meal and missed the game. I was gutted when I saw the lineup because it looked really fresh and attacking up front.

All I can gather from reading on here is we had a very small window where we were competitive (20, 10 r 7 mins, depending on who you believe is most accurate) and we came out the second half like a sack of shit and made poor use of the subs again.

Is that roughly it or is there more?

And did those front players - Vlasic, Rooney and Bolasie behind Niasse - get to create anything at all? Did they make any chances? Any signs of good link-up play or forward passing?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates