February 19, 2018, 04:19:40 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Man United  (Read 8158 times)

January 02, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
Reply #570

Macca77

Reporter to Unsworth after the West Ham game " who picked the team tonight?"

Unsworth "Me"

Reporter "Has Sam spoke to any of the players yet"

Unworth "Not as far as I know "

Sams first pres conference

Reporter "Just to clear up any confusion, did you have any involvement in team or tactics for the West Ham game?"

Allardyce "No, Unsy trained team and picked the players and tactics, he kindly let into the changing room after the game so I could congratulate the players "

January 02, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
Reply #571

Rodenplav64

Got to make it look and sound worse than it is to justify the claim he saved us from relegation . Either way they were 2 cracking goals . Pleased with our bus parking against Chelsea , gutted by WBA and not surprised by Bournemouth given previous encounters . We are out of the Cup Friday unless they play a weakened side and then have a nice break before we get battered by Tottenham . Next point is at home to WBA on the 20th but just the 1 in a 0-0 . No appropriate lack of respect  just reality .

January 02, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
Reply #572

Lxxx

Just using it as an example as to why we should be expecting a lot more from this team going forward.

People are trying to tell us we shouldn't even have a go at teams because the attacking players are shit.

I'm saying that you can set up compact, whilst still having a threat going forward, and using an example to show that this team can score goals.

I agree. Burnley, for example, have attacking players that most would agree are of an inferior standard to us but they consistently pull out decent performances and results against the better teams.

It’s all about the intent and instructions you get sent out with.

January 02, 2018, 03:26:15 PM
Reply #573

Hannibal Lecter

This is what does my head in.I stated in another thread,the position we are in at the moment I truly understand setting up to stifle the better teams,stop them playing and nicking a point or even better a 1-0 win.It was grim to watch the Chelsea and shite games,but at least we picked a point up in each.However,there is absolutely no way we should have treated the west brom and Bournemouth games the same,west brom no wins in 18,bournemouth none in 8.Bournemouth beat us,west brom should have beat us because of the selections and the timidness of our play.We handed them the initiative,and very grateful they were too.I know we are criminally weak up front,but surely he could have played a more attack minded line up and at least given the likes of west brom and Bournemouth something to think about.
Lower expextations.
Jönköpings Södra IF

January 02, 2018, 04:09:19 PM
Reply #574

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reporter to Unsworth after the West Ham game " who picked the team tonight?"

Unsworth "Me"

Reporter "Has Sam spoke to any of the players yet"

Unworth "Not as far as I know "

Sams first pres conference

Reporter "Just to clear up any confusion, did you have any involvement in team or tactics for the West Ham game?"

Allardyce "No, Unsy trained team and picked the players and tactics, he kindly let into the changing room after the game so I could congratulate the players "

Not how I remember thay exchange
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 04:18:27 PM
Reply #575

Rodenplav64

Well Unsys bit is 100% so what did Sam say ?

January 02, 2018, 04:48:31 PM
Reply #576

Simon Paul

Administrator

They're on YouTube. Not watched them since they happened but all videos of pre and post match pressers are there.

January 02, 2018, 05:04:09 PM
Reply #577

eyesalwaysblue

Not that it really matters but i thought Allardyce said he met the players for 15 mins at FF
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2018, 05:07:48 PM
Reply #578

ally2

I agree. Burnley, for example, have attacking players that most would agree are of an inferior standard to us but they consistently pull out decent performances and results against the better teams.

It's all about the intent and instructions you get sent out with.

More nonsense. We played some decent football yesterday considering our attacking options. Burnley are hardly free scoring but they have had a stable squad and manager for a few years now whereas Allardyce has probably had time for a handful of training sessions if that. People are moving with this appropriate lack of respect  thing but this is a perfect example. I honestly don't know what you expect him to achieve in the time frame he's been here and an utterly bizarre squad.

And to all the boring (apologies in advance) idiots on here who keep posting the same moaning shite day in day out, I never wanted Allardyce either. But we've got him. You lads need some internet bricks. What help does anyone think there is in constantly taking pot shots?  He's probably not going to be here long term anyway.

January 02, 2018, 05:12:41 PM
Reply #579

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Not that it really matters but i thought Allardyce said he met the players for 15 mins at FF

I think he said he met Unsworth for 15 minutes during the day of the game, not the players though.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 02, 2018, 05:24:16 PM
Reply #580

eyesalwaysblue

I think he said he met Unsworth for 15 minutes during the day of the game, not the players though.
But ok
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2018, 05:56:12 PM
Reply #581

Rodenplav64

More nonsense. We played some decent football yesterday considering our attacking options. Burnley are hardly free scoring but they have had a stable squad and manager for a few years now whereas Allardyce has probably had time for a handful of training sessions if that. People are moving with this appropriate lack of respect  thing but this is a perfect example. I honestly don't know what you expect him to achieve in the time frame he's been here and an utterly bizarre squad.

And to all the boring (apologies in advance) idiots on here who keep posting the same moaning shite day in day out, I never wanted Allardyce either. But we've got him. You lads need some internet bricks. What help does anyone think there is in constantly taking pot shots?  He's probably not going to be here long term anyway.

Couldn't agree more but what do you think the point of a forum is ? It is just an exchange of views and has no bearing whatsoever on the real world . It is the drunken argument of the age we live in .

January 02, 2018, 05:59:10 PM
Reply #582

Lxxx

Fair points but I'll still stand by my initial post. It's primarily about the intent and instructions that the players are trained in and go out onto the field with.

January 02, 2018, 06:41:42 PM
Reply #583

everton1952

Fair points but I'll still stand by my initial post. It's primarily about the intent and instructions that the players are trained in and go out onto the field with.
But do we know what the intent and instructions were that the players took on to the field?  Also do we know if the players  just failed to carry them out? Allardyce gave the impression that almost nothing that went on after half time was according to his intentions.

January 02, 2018, 07:09:39 PM
Reply #584

gizzblue

But do we know what the intent and instructions were that the players took on to the field?  Also do we know if the players  just failed to carry them out? Allardyce gave the impression that almost nothing that went on after half time was according to his intentions.
Also never looked up once in his presser....strange that...now I'm not saying he's lying (the appropriate lack of respect  police will have me off)
But people who tell porkies don't ever look you in the eye .
Just an observation. ...👍