October 19, 2018, 04:19:47 PM

Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 11420 times)

January 01, 2018, 05:01:27 PM
Reply #15

ally2

Really pleased he's doing so much better and that was a nice statement.

January 01, 2018, 05:05:39 PM
Reply #16

ally2

Football-wise he's not very good. In his whole career of 350 games he scores roughly 1/10 games and makes an assist 1/7 games with a cross completion success of about 20%. Hasn't scored for us in the league for two seasons (about 25 games).

January 01, 2018, 05:15:43 PM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
Football-wise he's not very good. In his whole career of 350 games he scores roughly 1/10 games and makes an assist 1/7 games with a cross completion success of about 20%. Hasn't scored for us in the league for two seasons (about 25 games).

I'm not saying he's as good but those are very similar stats to Pienaar.

January 01, 2018, 05:20:48 PM
Reply #18

everton1952

Any winger in front of Jonjo would benefit him. It is just that Lennon (bless him) is a pretty awful player in terms of PL quality.  Sentiment and good will aside, Lennon in my opinion is in the group of Everton squad players who are just not good enough and should be moved on this year.

January 01, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
Reply #19

Juanito

Any winger in front of Jonjo would benefit him. It is just that Lennon (bless him) is a pretty awful player in terms of PL quality.  Sentiment and good will aside, Lennon in my opinion is in the group of Everton squad players who are just not good enough and should be moved on this year.

Yes, but this is a thread about a man who has suffered with a severe emotional breakdown and is now displaying his recovery and highlighting just how special Everton Football Club are in looking after their own. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:14:52 PM by Juanito »

January 01, 2018, 07:08:33 PM
Reply #20

everton1952

Yes, I know, but I saw some opinions expressed on his ability so threw in mine.

January 01, 2018, 07:18:42 PM
Reply #21

therealdunc

Very good footballer, great man

Happy New Year Aaron and all the Blues reading this!

Don’t know the man

Do know the footballer and he’s average at EPL level at best

Do know he’s been through a hard time and glad he’s come out the other side all the better for it, impressive
Blue

January 01, 2018, 07:42:15 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

Don't need to know the man

Any man who can come through a (public)mental breakdown and then put himself in front of 40,000 people is an (inspirational)great man
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 04, 2018, 07:14:10 AM
Reply #23

Trublue

For what we spent on him. We got a pretty decent deal. I agree better players than him, but he is very hard working and gives loads of protection to his full back.   At least when you see his name on the team sheet,  you know he won't go missing for 89 mins. So glad he's back from his Mental Health problems.

January 04, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
Reply #24

Toddacelli

It is just that Lennon (bless him) is a pretty awful player in terms of PL quality.  Sentiment and good will aside, Lennon in my opinion is in the group of Everton squad players who are just not good enough and should be moved on this year.

Fuckinell!

"Pretty awful?" He is playing just outside of the world's elite - I'd say he's pretty fucking good, despite our aspirations to compete higher.

"Football-wise he's not very good. Random stat, random stat random stat." Yeah he works his bollocks off, shows for the ball, competes for it, runs at players and gives the opposition something to worry about with his pace but he hasn't saved a single penalty his whole career so fuck him in the ear for a beer.

Is it any wonder that some players find their position difficult to get their heads around when they are judged every single day by people who love them one moment for their talent and then hate them the next moment for not being better?

One day I hope to turn up at your workplace and announce loudly how shit you are at your job. Give the man a break - he's thanking us ffs!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2018, 09:28:30 PM
Reply #25

therealdunc

"Football-wise he's not very good. Random stat, random stat random stat." Yeah he works his bollocks off, shows for the ball, competes for it, runs at players and gives the opposition something to worry about with his pace

When does that ever happen with Arron Lennon?

Your post and the people who liked it are typical of the ‘plucky Everton’ syndrome and happy to be best of the rest.
West Brom need some fans, you would probably like Robson-Kanu and Brunt cause they run around a lot as well.
Blue

January 04, 2018, 09:33:45 PM
Reply #26

Lincs Toffee

Your post and the people who liked it are typical of the ‘plucky Everton’ syndrome and happy to be best of the rest.
West Brom need some fans, you would probably like Robson-Kanu and Brunt cause they run around a lot as well.
I doubt none of us are happy to be the best of the rest, but the reality is that is roughly where we are at present and that's not going to change overnight, we would all love premier players like Man City have but we don't have that pull at the moment to get them, we have took some massive backwards steps this year and are just starting to get things slowly back on track, lets be realistic.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 04, 2018, 09:51:13 PM
Reply #27

sam of the south

The irony that you reside inside Allardyce's anal cavity is not lost.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 04, 2018, 09:51:23 PM
Reply #28

UnsyisaRhino

I wonder what his defensive/workrate stats are like and his none assist passing stats.

oxlade chamberlain doesnt score many but id have him in a heart beat. Without goals and assists he still does more for the team in a game than most of those he's competing for his position with, and if he added those two stats to his game he'd probably be one of our better players.

January 04, 2018, 09:56:28 PM
Reply #29

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

but you bum Allardyce??
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!