August 18, 2018, 01:39:42 AM

Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 10516 times)

January 20, 2018, 12:42:40 AM
Reply #75

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a good squad player for us he'll be a hero for them. Good luck to him he's a good player with a great attitude made up we were part of his recovery

January 20, 2018, 12:46:14 AM
Reply #76

everton1952

To those who think Aaron's departure is our loss, just think, if we get Dyche after Sam goes maybe this year or next, he might bring Aaron back with him. Or the new Burnley manager might not fancy him and move him on again. Best for Aaron that Dyche stays there for another 3 years which should see the then 33 year old out of the top flight but with another 3 years of top earnings. Everyone gains.

January 20, 2018, 12:52:03 AM
Reply #77

toffee_scot

I like Aaron Lennon, obviously he's not the kind of player who was going to move us forward but he's played his part for Everton, scored a few goals and had a very good work rate. Maybe he's not the best player creatively but he has helped a lot to protect his full backs.

Good luck to him, I think he could be quite a key player for Burnley.

January 20, 2018, 12:53:43 AM
Reply #78

Simon Paul

Administrator
To those who think Aaron's departure is our loss, just think, if we get Dyche after Sam goes maybe this year or next, he might bring Aaron back with him. Or the new Burnley manager might not fancy him and move him on again. Best for Aaron that Dyche stays there for another 3 years which should see the then 33 year old out of the top flight but with another 3 years of top earnings. Everyone gains.

I'll judge that in October

January 20, 2018, 01:08:24 AM
Reply #79

Lxxx

Why do so many people hate FACTS?

Look at his stats, he’s genuinely a poor player at this level

Good riddance

Funny how you're not too keen on facts when they spell out how shite we are going forward under Allardyce. But I'll not mention that.

January 20, 2018, 01:09:04 AM
Reply #80

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Good move all round.

He was at his best for us when the rest of the team was shapeless or uninterested in defending.

Obviously there’s a more inherent defensiveness about us now so we need players who produce more in the final third.

January 20, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Reply #81

Cereal Killer

I take your point but
They do in this case

Just offers very little going forward, working hard is his best attribute which tells you more than anything about his lack of ability

But the stats saying we have had fuck all shots on target in god knows how long are irrelevant?  :wag:

Nice to see Lennon stepping up and challenging for Europe spots again

January 20, 2018, 01:22:05 AM
Reply #82

Gash

Global Moderator
I like Lennon, good luck to him. Never quite got settled here, his off field issues didn't help with that either but hopefully he's over all that can go and enjoy the rest of his career.

Be a bit bonkers if he goes and finishes above us in the league now. :)

January 20, 2018, 01:32:58 AM
Reply #83

bacon sarnie

Good luck to the lad. Hope he does well with a competitive team.

January 20, 2018, 01:39:19 AM
Reply #84

nsno

The players have had months if not years at the club to prove themselves

The manager has had less than 2 months and already there is so much nasty hatred based on ill informed opinion from the London media.

I never thought I'd agree with you, but very a good post.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

January 20, 2018, 01:46:53 AM
Reply #85

MmmblueBernard

Thanks Aaron. Best wishes on your new adventures.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 20, 2018, 01:49:16 AM
Reply #86

gizzblue

Good luck to the guy ...been loyal as fuck to us through thick and thin (ignored lots under kowman)....wish him all the best until he scores the winner against us 😅😅

January 20, 2018, 02:59:48 AM
Reply #87

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah all the best to him.  I think he'll be good for them if he starts every week, he's still a half decent player.

January 20, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
Reply #88

velimski

A move that suits all 3 parties.

January 20, 2018, 03:21:13 AM
Reply #89

chang

I've always felt Lennon gave his best for the team when in it, never publicly moaned when out of it and for this alone I wish him well.