May 25, 2018, 12:57:29 AM

Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 9601 times)

January 20, 2018, 03:39:57 AM
Reply #90

eyesalwaysblue

Should shine going into a much better team, good luck lad..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2018, 03:44:19 AM
Reply #91

bacon sarnie

A move that suits all 3 parties.

Love a good party me.

January 20, 2018, 05:12:04 AM
Reply #92

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

January 20, 2018, 05:12:20 AM
Reply #93

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That goal he scored where someone put him through (Mirallas? Lukaku?) and he raced through and finished, fantastic goal. Wonder if a Pep had got hold of him at 18 instead of the redknapps of the world would he have done that more often in his career?

Superb first touch as well, very rarely does he miscontrol he ball regardless of how itís fired into him. That pen he won a few months ago at goodison, canít remember who it was against where his first touch took the ball almost at a right angle right under the defender and won us a pen, superb stuff and when I saw the ball dropping I genuinely thought - heís going to bring this under control here.

Lots of crosses but relatively few assists I would think.

Was a good signing for us and did his job well imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 05:37:51 AM
Reply #94

Tony Clifton

:(

;D

Nah, I'm sad to see him go too - he got on board here and worked his socks off when asked.  A solid footballer.

All the best Aaron, hope you enjoyed your time here - despite Koeman etc.  Now go and help Burnley get a crack at the Europa, and have a better one than you did with us this year!   :thumbs:

January 20, 2018, 08:21:18 AM
Reply #95

Jamokachi

Good lad, put in plenty of effort which will always be appreciated, won't be a miss from a playing perspective though. Best of luck to him up at Burnley.

January 20, 2018, 08:54:47 AM
Reply #96

Shogun

Administrator
Good lad, put in plenty of effort which will always be appreciated, won't be a miss from a playing perspective though. Best of luck to him up at Burnley.

Didn't really know how to put it but yeah, this.

Good pro and some decent attributes but nowhere near productive enough for a forward player, I'd rather have Walcott every day.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 10:36:07 AM
Reply #97

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Iím a little sad at this. Always gave his all for us and had some good qualities. Guess itís a good move for all involved.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 20, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Reply #98

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

All the melts having snide little digs at him should take note of this.
This is how a well-adjusted, non-bellend says goodbye to a player who isn't quite good enough for us.

Agree with @brap2 , it would be interesting to see how he would have turned out under better managers because he does have all of the technical tools. Just hasn't got that last, important touch.

January 20, 2018, 03:58:51 PM
Reply #99

mikey_blue

Remember when he came into that fat, lazy Martinez team? It reminded me of playing pub footy, when each team would have that one spritely little fucker who had pace, running everywhere and making the rest of the fat knackers look bad.

Good luck to him.

January 20, 2018, 04:26:39 PM
Reply #100

Craig_1878

Shame to see him go, always enjoyed watching him play. He'll do well at Burnley though, good signing for them.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 20, 2018, 04:28:18 PM
Reply #101

sam of the south

Remember when he came into that fat, lazy Martinez team? It reminded me of playing pub footy, when each team would have that one spritely little fucker who had pace, running everywhere and making the rest of the fat knackers look bad.

Good luck to him.

Yeah, he was a completely different level wasn't it.

Underlined just how unfit, unmotivated, and poorly drilled that side was compared to Spurs.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 20, 2018, 04:33:00 PM
Reply #102

blue slug

Good pro who always gives everything on the pitch, wish him all the best for the future

January 20, 2018, 04:48:16 PM
Reply #103

eyesalwaysblue

In a list of "get rids" thought he'd be well down it, but we'll probably be stuck with a few unwanted on high wages,it's them that will hinder us making the squad better, more than pinpointing the right players to bring in.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
Reply #104

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Wish him all the best and think that this is a good move for him.

He was always brought in to the side when we needed to shore up and become more solid, which highlighted his role and his importance as a team player.

His workrate and tracking back let Coleman attack more and looked after JJK when he came in to the team this season. But the stats won't show this will they?

He'll do well at Burnley and I look forward to seeing him smiling in the welcome photos.