November 19, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 12039 times)

January 24, 2018, 12:38:32 PM
Read 12039 times

School of Science

Nice to hear an ex Everton player thanking the fans, how novel. Good luck Aaron, ( except against us like ).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:09:30 PM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 24, 2018, 02:06:39 PM
Reply #1

School of Science

January 24, 2018, 02:49:39 PM
Reply #2

School of Science

January 24, 2018, 03:37:15 PM
Reply #3

School of Science

I think in a parting statement after he had thanked the whole world including his, mum, his agent, the medical staff (cheeky bastard) the big boy who decked him it was a kind of afterthought like ďoh yeah and the fans, byeĒ

Haha, I thought he finished his statement with something similar to "my fans in liverpool" . What puzzles me is why didn't he just say Everton fans ? But i'll put a pound to a penny he mentions Everton fans when next we play Chelsea at home next year.

January 24, 2018, 03:52:31 PM
Reply #4

School of Science

Let's not forget though he got dogs abuse from a small section of fans before he decided to run his contract down for a move and then when he did - it was a large section of the fans and it was 100 times worse.

Some people acted terribly.

Don't think the abuse was as bad as your making out before we realised he was running his contract down mate, you will always get haters, all players have them. But when i have been the match, not a lot nowadays, there were groans if he lost the ball or misplaced a pass. You could hear it more because at times Goodison can be very quiet. But to be honest there where groans every time any player lost the ball, its life, also name me an Everton player with a better song than Barkley's. After we or most of us realised he was running down his contract,well correct the abuse probably did get worse, but he would really not have heard it that much as he wasn't playing, he was injured. He deleted his Twitter account as well and purposely had very little contact with Everton fans.

Now contrast that with the abuse Steven Gerrard got off Liverpool fans, shirt burning  and leg breaking threats. Disgusting yes and i do not in any way wish anything like that on Ross, but at the same time I do not wish him well at his new club. Personally never agreed with booing players it does them or us no good at all, if We've played shite and lost, boo the team at the end if it floats your boat.

January 24, 2018, 06:16:30 PM
Reply #5

School of Science

And the groans often turned to sighs of disappointment towards the end every time he was so clearly indecisive when either a pass or a shot was on but he couldnít decide which untill it was gone.

In a way you can see now why he was so indecisive, the way we set up and dont seem to pass and move, partly explains why, or are we even worse ?

January 24, 2018, 06:17:27 PM
Reply #6

School of Science

Cry-arses. He thanked the fans in a social media post. Which is exactly the same as 99% of footballers do.

If you say so sweetie.

January 24, 2018, 06:28:18 PM
Reply #7

School of Science

Should have been written in his own blood and sent to the echo for publication, thatís what a real bluuuu would do.

Being silly now, just a thank you to Everton fans would of done.

January 24, 2018, 07:10:31 PM
Reply #8

School of Science

Seems to me that underneath that gruff belligerent persona youíre just a sensitive insecure little fan feeling shunned.

Heís gone, chapter closed, move on. Footballers come and go, its a fickle business. Did Rooney write some heartfelt letter when he left? Or Lineker? Ball? Or Hickson? I get the impression youíve seen everyone of them leave were you this heartbroken then or is it just the singing in France thatís tipped you over the edge and left you so bitter?

Roberto says hello pal :)

January 24, 2018, 07:30:42 PM
Reply #9

School of Science

Iíll ignore your first sentence, no need to make insulting false assumptions.

No, didnít feel the same about any of those other players that you mention as I donít recall any of them dishonestly, possibly fraudulently , running their contracts down in our sick bay.

He's just trying to get a rise out of you pal, just ignore it and ask him how's Roberto doing.