May 26, 2018, 11:04:30 PM

Author Topic: Nevermind who we buy in January, who do we get rid of?  (Read 4941 times)

January 09, 2018, 05:41:24 AM
Reply #45

Jamokachi

Creatine and protein powder and lots of water.

Ah ok. Makes more sense after the edit ;)

January 09, 2018, 05:44:02 AM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah if we could get a player out of him then it would save us an awful lot of money

Just gone back through the thread and read @kramer0 ‘s assessment - too passive, not enough in build up, not enough showing for the ball - as he generally is, he’s absolutely correct. Nothing new to anyone who looked into him at all, but the fact is we need a functioning midfield soon and that means players who demand touches of the ball in the middle of the park.

Could really do with Davies turning up at some point this year like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 09, 2018, 05:51:09 AM
Reply #47

Redartin

Klassen deserves another chance im my opinion

In all honesty there is not a lot you can do as a midfielder when the backs and keeper are hoofing the ball over your head to the forwards.

January 09, 2018, 07:18:37 AM
Reply #48

Thornton_19

Has Tarashaj died?

Or have I just missed him being sold?
Think he has a bad injury doesn't he? Got it out on loan.

January 09, 2018, 07:22:01 AM
Reply #49

Jamokachi

Think he has a bad injury doesn't he? Got it out on loan.

Was supposed to be back early October... maybe his recovery is taking longer than expected.

January 09, 2018, 02:08:03 PM
Reply #50

Redartin

Was supposed to be back early October... maybe his recovery is taking longer than expected.

All sounds a bit Barkleyesk

January 09, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
Reply #51

Macca77

He gets a chance every day in training, just like everyone else.  It's not like his appearance in the first team is a snapshot of everything he's ever been as a footballer.  I like him too but if he was showing it he'd be in.

In that case, I hope we kept the receipt for him

January 09, 2018, 02:30:53 PM
Reply #52

Cereal Killer

I'd loan out Klaassen and Sandro to another Prem team if anyone would be interested in them for 6 months.....

Hopefully they'd get some more game time and get a bit more used to the league

January 10, 2018, 08:51:40 AM
Reply #53

Thomas

Schenderlin would be first out the door for me. Possibly McCarthy as well. Dont like either of them. Flatter to deceive.

January 13, 2018, 06:18:04 PM
Reply #56

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

January 13, 2018, 07:45:34 PM
Reply #57

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce has said klaasen wants to fight for his place but isn't giving as much as the other lads.

January 13, 2018, 08:38:06 PM
Reply #58

GrantyBoy78

Allardyce has said klaasen wants to fight for his place but isn't giving as much as the other lads.
Sam Allardyce on Davy Klaassen: “The lad is prepared to fight for his place, but in all the other players, there seems to be more coming from them. As a person and lad, he’s a terrific young man, but at the moment, there’s not a place in the side for him.” (Source: Telegraph)

January 13, 2018, 09:00:24 PM
Reply #59

GrantyBoy78

He’s a neat and tidy kind of player; I’m not sure how that translates in training. As Sam alluded to - if the other players are working their bollocks off and Klaassen is going
through the motions, then you give the others game time - regardless of talent. That’s a fundamental of management; rewarding hard work. But that’s me reading between the lines and boarding on conjecture.

Because he was captain at Ajax we assume he’s got something about him but he might’ve got that gig to make him stick around a bit longer or he’d ‘earned it’ as he’d come through the ranks and understood the Ajax philosophy. He doesn’t appear to have obvious captain qualities.

He’s a good footballer but he just seems a bit ‘meh’ - weak, slow and too nice. It’s a very naive signing in hindsight - how many times have we seen good footballers struggle in a league where physicality is paramount?