May 21, 2018, 10:20:28 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 15793 times)

January 06, 2018, 06:13:06 AM
Reply #720

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
The poet?

Yeah. Then drop in the conversation 'shit, sorry for the offence. Forgot you lot can't read'
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 06, 2018, 06:13:55 AM
Reply #721

boothill

it was pointed out to me a few weeks ago. i could see it then as well but fuck me is it noticeable tonight... peter reid looks really bad. anyone know if there´s something up?
Was on goals on sunday a few weeks back and seemed pissed as a fart tbh

January 06, 2018, 06:16:11 AM
Reply #722

sam of the south

Yeah. Then drop in the conversation 'shit, sorry for the offence. Forgot you lot can't read'

Haha, nice work, teach' 👌🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 06, 2018, 06:24:10 AM
Reply #723

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Howwwwwww horrible was that.

Whensnthat deal with the devil going to run out eh?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2018, 06:25:25 AM
Reply #724

everton1952

There was me thinking Peter Reid had a fine tan like he had been on holiday to the same place as Lineker. Hopefully there is nowt seriously wrong with him. Maybe just showing his years?

January 06, 2018, 06:53:52 AM
Reply #725

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty grim to lose again, overall it just feels like big gaping holes in the squad right now are stopping us competing consistently. Hopefully we made a step toward that with Cenk, but clearly it's a bit of a risk. However, the timing itself underlines the differences once again. We complete our first signing and announce it at half time. They complete theirs, and not only have him in the game but have him score the winner...I mean it just kinda underlines the difference in fortunes right now to me that rubs more salt in the wounds.

There were some positives here and there, Holgate was good, I'm not going to say anything about the penalty as it wasn't one so I can't really blame him for that but the biggest worry would be we looked kinda week at the back on corners. We need another commanding CB though as much as I appreciate Jagielka and even Williams at times, they're not longer term choices. LB we need sorting ASAP and I'm slightly concerned we didn't try and get someone in January 1st given our makeshift options. We might have to wait for the summer for a longer term solution.

Midfield...I just don't know. We're just not there as a creative force. I think we need a much higher calibre of player for the LW. Rooney can be good in the middle, but he can also be pretty anonymous and we lack drive from that position. I'd love to see a more powerful option in the center who was willing to pick up and run forward with a ball.

As for striker, we shall see. I think we need 2 (at least) good options though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:56:00 AM by blueToffee »

January 06, 2018, 07:36:25 AM
Reply #726

Sixx1402

Sorry got a bit carried away and threw my toys out of the pram, i just hate losing to them especially when it was the only real thing we had left to play for.

No need for anyone to get banned like.

Was in the pub and had probably had one too many ales, what i wrote was no where near as bad as the glare i gave the redshite fan on the next table when he started chanting though, if looks could kill.....

Not in Australia though, born and bred in Ye Olde England

Ahh well there's always next year, thought we played quite well, it's the hope that kills you....

I'm now going to go and pass out
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 06, 2018, 10:39:54 AM
Reply #727

blue1948

Holgate should get a 2 year ban for falsely accusing a player of racism to save himself from getting sent off
It isn't fucking racist to call someone" son of a bitch "
Climbing every mountain begins with the first step -a shame I was just going to the shop

January 06, 2018, 10:42:10 AM
Reply #728

blue1948

Yep.

Ever been racially abused?

Nah, me neither, because I'm a white male and priviledged and bulletproof.

To someone of colour, whose had racism from being a toddler, being made to feel wrong for just being who you are, it is far deeper and far more hurtful than I or any other white geezer could imagine.
Your comment is so right but irrelevant here because it wasn't a racist comment .
Climbing every mountain begins with the first step -a shame I was just going to the shop

January 06, 2018, 10:58:11 AM
Reply #729

Jamokachi

It isn't fucking racist to call someone" son of a bitch "

Err, the accusation is that Firminho called Holgate a "nigger".

January 06, 2018, 11:46:16 AM
Reply #730

eyesalwaysblue

Hope this fizzles out quick, both sides ended up looking bad with the other one.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:03:33 PM by eyesalwaysblue »
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 06, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Reply #731

sam of the south

Your comment is so right but irrelevant here because it wasn't a racist comment .

It is highly relevant here because an allegation has been made about Firmino making a racist comment.

January 06, 2018, 03:45:11 PM
Reply #732

blue1948

Well my apologies as the "mail "report said different and that it was SOB .

FA to investigate allegations of racism from Everton's Mason Holgate after clash with Liverpool's Roberto Firmino

Mason Holgate and Roberto Firmino clashed during the Merseyside derby
    As the pair exchanged words, Everton defender Holgate needed to be restrained
    Everton boss Sam Allardyce refused to be drawn on the topic without full details
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was similarly ambiguous when giving his views

By Dominic King for the Daily Mail

Published: 23:19 GMT, 5 January 2018 | Updated: 09:00 GMT, 6 January 2018

shares

View comments

The Football Association will investigate an allegation of racism made by Mason Holgate after a clash with Roberto Firmino that left the Everton defender enraged.

Referee Bobby Madley will include the full details in his report of the row that erupted towards the end of first half of the FA Cup third round tie, which Liverpool won 2-1 thanks to a dramatic late goal on his debut from £75million defender Virgil Van Dijk.

Holgate pushed Firmino into the Main Stand as the pair chased a ball. The Brazil striker reacted with fury. Television pictures appeared to show him calling Holgate 'loco' and 'filha du puto' – Portuguese for 'son of a b****'.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:46:54 PM by blue1948 »

January 06, 2018, 03:52:27 PM
Reply #733

sam of the south

It is highly relevant here because an allegation has been made about Firmino making a racist comment.

It looks like he will get away with it, though (what a surprise that would be eh)

Fans are pointing out (including RS) that Holgate is relatively calm when Firmino is calling him 'crazy' and 'a son of a bitch' in Portuguese, but then Kenny's head blocks out the camera's view of Firmino (who is continuing to verbalise) and then Holgate goes apeshit.

Now, the ref was there.

And the ref was pro RS all night.

If Firmino didn't say something inflammatory Holgate would clearly have been sent off.

That is my take on it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:55:14 PM by sam of the south »

January 06, 2018, 03:53:45 PM
Reply #734

sam of the south

Well my apologies as the "mail "report said different and that it was SOB .

FA to investigate allegations of racism from Everton's Mason Holgate after clash with Liverpool's Roberto Firmino

Mason Holgate and Roberto Firmino clashed during the Merseyside derby
    As the pair exchanged words, Everton defender Holgate needed to be restrained
    Everton boss Sam Allardyce refused to be drawn on the topic without full details
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was similarly ambiguous when giving his views

By Dominic King for the Daily Mail

Published: 23:19 GMT, 5 January 2018 | Updated: 09:00 GMT, 6 January 2018

shares

View comments

The Football Association will investigate an allegation of racism made by Mason Holgate after a clash with Roberto Firmino that left the Everton defender enraged.

Referee Bobby Madley will include the full details in his report of the row that erupted towards the end of first half of the FA Cup third round tie, which Liverpool won 2-1 thanks to a dramatic late goal on his debut from £75million defender Virgil Van Dijk.

Holgate pushed Firmino into the Main Stand as the pair chased a ball. The Brazil striker reacted with fury. Television pictures appeared to show him calling Holgate 'loco' and 'filha du puto' – Portuguese for 'son of a b****'.

Daily Mail denies the existence of any racism shocker