September 25, 2018, 02:08:48 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 19567 times)

January 06, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Can't get over that Jagielka run. :)

January 06, 2018, 03:23:28 AM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

January 06, 2018, 03:29:24 AM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
These Liverpool players can't buy a yellow card.

January 06, 2018, 03:38:14 AM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Crap. That was poor from Pickford.

January 06, 2018, 04:11:41 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think theres a single player who you can say had a bad game.  Holgate made one mistake, but was outstanding the rest of the game.  Schneiderlin was as good as he was last season.  Sigurdsson worked his arse off again and deserved his goal.  Bolasie's tricks and how happy is makes me smile.  He even got a couple of great crosses in.  DCL is a nuisance, working hard, showing great pace and intelligence, but lacks that little bit of quality/experience.  Lookman was positive when he came on.  McCarthy did well to get away with rattling them for so long without getting booked.

And we still fucking lost there.

Rooney?

DCL and Niasse simply arenít enough. Hopefully Tosun will be a more complete striker.

January 06, 2018, 05:06:10 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That's why the referee didn't do anything.

He knows what happened.

IF that's the case, the ref should be ashamed.

January 06, 2018, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

January 06, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Do you mean you will stop going to watch them with 4 months to go? What kind of shite supporter are you then? (Or do you mean you will just watch another channel on your TV instead)?

An effort? What effort is it to turn a TV on? Distance makes no difference at all. If you are a Blue in Australia you don't turn your back cos you lose a few games. See you next season my arse.

People are upset after a loss, I think you can just take certain reactions as being emotionally driven and move on without needing to have a dig.

January 06, 2018, 06:53:52 AM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty grim to lose again, overall it just feels like big gaping holes in the squad right now are stopping us competing consistently. Hopefully we made a step toward that with Cenk, but clearly it's a bit of a risk. However, the timing itself underlines the differences once again. We complete our first signing and announce it at half time. They complete theirs, and not only have him in the game but have him score the winner...I mean it just kinda underlines the difference in fortunes right now to me that rubs more salt in the wounds.

There were some positives here and there, Holgate was good, I'm not going to say anything about the penalty as it wasn't one so I can't really blame him for that but the biggest worry would be we looked kinda week at the back on corners. We need another commanding CB though as much as I appreciate Jagielka and even Williams at times, they're not longer term choices. LB we need sorting ASAP and I'm slightly concerned we didn't try and get someone in January 1st given our makeshift options. We might have to wait for the summer for a longer term solution.

Midfield...I just don't know. We're just not there as a creative force. I think we need a much higher calibre of player for the LW. Rooney can be good in the middle, but he can also be pretty anonymous and we lack drive from that position. I'd love to see a more powerful option in the center who was willing to pick up and run forward with a ball.

As for striker, we shall see. I think we need 2 (at least) good options though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:56:00 AM by blueToffee »