October 17, 2018, 11:53:10 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 20191 times)

January 06, 2018, 04:12:00 AM
Reply #660

kramer0

It's messed up that he's still by miles our best defender

This is true. We whiffed hard on the Williams and Keane signings. Like whoever sanctioned the deals gave no consideration to tactical fit.

Keane/Williams would be a good pairing for a team with no ambition of leaving its own penalty area. But defending in space... they're not so good.

January 06, 2018, 04:15:22 AM
Reply #661

Lxxx

A surprisingly decent match for the Schneiderlin/McCarthy pairing. They're not good but we actually had some control, somehow.

Still lots of work to do in the chance creation department.

I think we'd pretty okay with a midfielder who can pass forward and a left back who can do anything with the ball.

And a striker who can hold the ball up. Which we hope we’ve just bought.

January 06, 2018, 04:18:19 AM
Reply #662

howard1334

This is true. We whiffed hard on the Williams and Keane signings. Like whoever sanctioned the deals gave no consideration to tactical fit.

Keane/Williams would be a good pairing for a team with no ambition of leaving its own penalty area. But defending in space... they're not so good.

I am hoping Keane can still come good. England seems to like him, and for all the shit the national team gets, they typically can't actually be described as a team that has "no ambition of leaving its own penalty area."

Holgate, besides his moments of rashness today, might be catching up to Jags, who has become a bit more mistake prone in his old age.

January 06, 2018, 04:20:54 AM
Reply #663

eyesalwaysblue

So Martina isn't Dave Thomas, can we get a rebate??? fucks sake
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 06, 2018, 04:21:12 AM
Reply #664

Macca77

Anyone else notice that during every throw in and corner the redshites in the crowd filming the match

January 06, 2018, 04:24:40 AM
Reply #665

kramer0

I am hoping Keane can still come good. England seems to like him, and for all the shit the national team gets, they typically can't actually be described as a team that has "no ambition of leaving its own penalty area."

Holgate, besides his moments of rashness today, might be catching up to Jags, who has become a bit more mistake prone in his old age.

Holgate is my #1 has-to-start CB right now. He'll make mistakes because he's young, but he's quick, calm with the ball at his feet, and does a better job passing forward from deep than any of our midfielders (except Rooney).

I think Keane's passing is interesting but I worry about his lack of pace. It's not necessarily a deal breaker but it requires... something, whether it be better positioning or a system that does a better job of protecting him.

January 06, 2018, 04:25:38 AM
Reply #666

Stumpy

Holgate was fantastic today he's going to be great next season.

Really annoyed Niasse left the post there. Avoidable goal

Yup,thats why we are out because niasse wandered off the post.Even though it was a howler off pickford,even if he'd stayed on his line where the ball ended up he still wouldn't have been able to save it ,that's why you put players on the posts at corners really poor of niasse.

January 06, 2018, 04:27:34 AM
Reply #667

bluenuck

It seems We're signing players arbitrarily. Like I said in the barkley thread.

Hate them all you want, but the shite have signed players that will fit, and work with their squad. Ox, Firmino, Countinho, Salah, Mane, VVD... There's a vision.

But fuck them right now.

January 06, 2018, 04:27:34 AM
Reply #668

howard1334

Holgate is my #1 has-to-start CB right now. He'll make mistakes because he's young, but he's quick, calm with the ball at his feet, and does a better job passing forward from deep than any of our midfielders (except Rooney).

I think Keane's passing is interesting but I worry about his lack of pace. It's not necessarily a deal breaker but it requires... something, whether it be better positioning or a system that does a better job of protecting him.

We have yet to see a Keane and Holgate pairing when playing 4 at the back; right? Understand the desire to pair each with the more experienced Jags and Williams, but Holgate's quickness might help compensate for Keane's weaknesses, and it would be great to have the two of them passing out of the back. Hope to see the parring tried at some point this season.

January 06, 2018, 04:28:19 AM
Reply #669

Simon Paul

Administrator
Club to put complaint in against the lesbian for racially abusing Holgate

January 06, 2018, 04:28:26 AM
Reply #670

kramer0

So Martina isn't Dave Thomas, can we get a rebate??? fucks sake

I'm made up that he's actually learned how to defend but he's a liability in possession. Our opponents can let him have the ball all day, wherever he wants it, and nothing will come of it. It's a problem.

You can like him if you want, but to me, he never has been, or will be, good enough, no matter how free he was.

January 06, 2018, 04:29:02 AM
Reply #671

Macca77

Wonder if the ref will add what was said to make Holgate kick off to his notes

January 06, 2018, 04:29:10 AM
Reply #672

eyesalwaysblue

Niasse shouldn't have been put there....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 06, 2018, 04:29:46 AM
Reply #673

Shogun

Administrator
Club to put complaint in against the lesbian for racially abusing Holgate

That's why the referee didn't do anything.

He knows what happened.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 06, 2018, 04:30:07 AM
Reply #674

Heisenberg

Nah keane is a bad egg. Turns like a van reversing around a corner. Jags and Holgate should be our CB until we get to summer and get someone new in