October 14, 2019, 10:01:44 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 27462 times)

March 12, 2018, 01:36:08 AM
Reply #180

JordanianEmbassy

Unless I'm missing something Lukaku was the best striker I can remember at Everton since Lineker, it'll be a damn good player and an amazing slice of luck for us to get anyone near this quality. Just appreciate tosun for what he is, but he's not anywhere near the same league as lukaku at this moment in time and I doubt he ever will be but that doesn't mean he's bad.

For me, no way Lukaku was as good as Kevin Campbell before the bad injury he got. Campbells finishing was just as good, he was just as strong, and his touch, understanding of the game, movement off the ball and ability to bring others into play was much better than Roms. His attitude was also much better, which is important - I think Roms attitude was slightly poisonous to team spirit at times.

Kev wasn't quite the same after he came back from that injury, and the fact that he played for us for a good few years after that has clouded peoples memory of how good he was.

March 12, 2018, 01:39:48 AM
Reply #181

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Some mad shouts on here, he's had 2 decent games in a row.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 12, 2018, 03:25:50 AM
Reply #182

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wait
Kevin Campbell better than lukaku?
Really?

Tosun is gonna be a solid player for us, he's better than what we had
Simply simply lovely

March 12, 2018, 04:42:13 AM
Reply #183

nsno

Wait
Kevin Campbell better than lukaku?
Really?

Tosun is gonna be a solid player for us, he's better than what we had
Totally agree with that. However what Campbell did when we signed him on loan was nothing short of miraculous. He has to be up there with our greatest centre forwards for that alone. Saved us that season, saved my sanity as well.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

March 12, 2018, 04:49:54 AM
Reply #184

Cuttyblue

Some mad shouts on here, he's had 2 decent games in a row.

That;s all I am trying to say as well.  Much too early to tell if he's going to be our guy leading the line for the next 3 years...

March 12, 2018, 04:51:49 AM
Reply #185

Bluedylan

Haha. Someone said Kevin Campbell is better than Romelu Lukaku.

That's got to be one of the maddest shouts on here for a while. Comparable with thinking Scott Brown was the answer to our problems.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 12, 2018, 04:54:32 AM
Reply #186

Ramjam

Teddy Sherringham would agree completely ...my gran was quicker but she wasn't really a striker. ..more of a centre mid.

Tosun has plenty of other attributes and lukaku was our only out ball 9 times out of ten and all attacks under Koeman and Martinez went through him so his stats were flattering in reality and his goal record this year won't get close imho.
I love your sarcasm, pmsl 🤣🤣🤣
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 12, 2018, 05:03:01 AM
Reply #187

gizzblue

I love your sarcasm, pmsl 🤣🤣🤣
Abut me nan. ..it's true .
Born not made a blue .

March 12, 2018, 06:49:48 AM
Reply #188

Jamokachi

his stats were flattering in reality and his goal record this year won't get close imho.

He's 3 goals away from his tally from last season. I'm going to predict he'll do more than "come close".

Your constant disingenuous view of Lukaku borders on bitterness.

March 12, 2018, 01:26:24 PM
Reply #189

JordanianEmbassy

Haha. Someone said Kevin Campbell is better than Romelu Lukaku.

That's got to be one of the maddest shouts on here for a while. Comparable with thinking Scott Brown was the answer to our problems.

If you think Rom is slightly better then fair enough, if you think its mad then you are very confused.

March 12, 2018, 02:09:06 PM
Reply #190

School of Science

Loved Kevin Campbell cracking striker for us, but no way on God's earth was he better than Lukaku, lovely fella Kev, but not as good as Lukaku.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 12, 2018, 02:32:31 PM
Reply #191

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

March 12, 2018, 03:23:46 PM
Reply #192

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Embarrassing this.

Don’t understand why people make some
of the shouts you see in this thread. Tosun > Lukaku / Campbell > Lukaku.

It is possible to like a player without launching into hyperbole.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 12, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
Reply #193

Lxxx

I don't see anything special about Tosun but then again nor should we expect to yet. He hasn't played a full game of football for over two months, he's been called out by his manager in that time, he's in a different country, different language, different team-mates and into a club which is all over the place.

We'll get a better view if he plays every week from here on in but more likely after a full pre season we'll get a better idea of what he can offer in August. Still, if he continues to hit the back of the net most weeks it won't do his confidence any harm whatsoever.

March 12, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
Reply #194

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was very good, most complete striker performances we’ve seen all year imo.

Won challenges, hounded down defenders, linked up really well at times (the Baines one-two was excellent), and took his goal really well.

Yeah he doesn’t look like a Jamie vardy pace machine or incredible technique-wise, but he played well imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.