September 19, 2018, 02:06:51 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 21317 times)

January 06, 2018, 06:36:19 AM
Read 21317 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could have played in the derby.. dunno if I’ll evee forget that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Absolute nothing fee in this day and age.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2018, 01:41:42 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They've done a big song and dance about it today on snap chat and instagram, like it's the first time

Prob reading too much into it

Itís not a bad shout. These training pics are usually regular I thought.

January 13, 2018, 01:44:26 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can moan all I like heís still getting money lashed on him tomorrow to bag

January 14, 2018, 07:28:32 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Echo the above, looked alright looking forward to playing someone shite at home so we might possibly make a chance for him.

February 03, 2018, 04:40:48 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
"so many Turks" is a bunch of fake twitter bots that were deployed by Besiktas to generate excitement among the Everton fanbase for the proposed transfer.

When you consider the money at stake and the very low cost these days of deploying fake accounts on social media, it's almost more surprising that this kind of tactic hasn't been adopted sooner.

What do you reckon @Ridge, you with me on this one?

Really big if true.

February 08, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Iíd like to see him start, be nice if Theo could lay a couple on for him, donít think Iíve seen him have a chance to shoot yet.

March 10, 2018, 11:25:10 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

March 11, 2018, 12:53:09 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I like him.

Gets involved in the game, seems to have a good appreciation of general play etc.

It’s hard physically when you come from a top team in a lower league.

You come from somewhere that’s less physically demanding anyway and where your team has generally had most of the ball, to a league where because teams generally just play the ball back up the pitch if there’s any sort of pressure, there’s always something going on which means lots more running where there’s not much benefit at the end of it.

Anyway...

Love a shot in off the underside of the bar.

Most prem ready striker at the club by a mile.

One of his strengths in turkey was his physicality so it’s going to be hard adjusting to defenders who can compete better - showed some great hold up today though.

And of course give him a view at goal and he’s bagged which is a great sign.

March 12, 2018, 03:23:46 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Embarrassing this.

Donít understand why people make some
of the shouts you see in this thread. Tosun > Lukaku / Campbell > Lukaku.

It is possible to like a player without launching into hyperbole.

March 12, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was very good, most complete striker performances weíve seen all year imo.

Won challenges, hounded down defenders, linked up really well at times (the Baines one-two was excellent), and took his goal really well.

Yeah he doesnít look like a Jamie vardy pace machine or incredible technique-wise, but he played well imo.

March 18, 2018, 01:27:49 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deffo got Jelavic vibes, but frankly should have had a hatty today if DCL had set him.

Not amazing athletically. Incidentally I was impressed by DCLís runs in behind, looks in very good shape, natural athlete with good technical ability.

If DCL could bag heíd actually be a well better player than Cenk imo, but Cenk looks to have a ruthless streak which is priceless.

March 18, 2018, 03:58:30 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I joked about the Jelavic thing but donít really see it, Tosun looks a lot more physical.

If weíre conparing him to former strikers then Iíd go for Yakubu.

No donít see that tbh.

Jelavic was OK technically but not great, physically not quite enough for the prem long term st the level we wanted to get to.

Not seen a lot of Tosun so far of course and I have been impressed, like the look of him, but comes alive in the six yard box, looks a good instinctive finisher, but physically nothing to write home about but puts a shift in and doesnít shy away.

March 18, 2018, 09:35:25 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Look at some of his goals for Besiktas . No way is the lad just a poacher . If we play him thinking that's all he is then his scoring will soon come to an end .

One of his big features for besiktas was that he took a lot of shots, variety of angles, both feet as well.

Looking forward to seeing that side of his game; make half a yard and boot through it.

Needs a proper song this lad, come on, put your heads together lids.

March 19, 2018, 06:59:50 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah no point dropping Bolasie, he’s stuck two right in the mixer for us back to back weeks, and has given Liverpool torrid times in the past.

I’d play Cenk and DCL and tell the wingers to whip crosses to the back stick. Take van dijk out of it with the flight of the ball and capitalise on Gomes/TAA being less capable than him.