December 19, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 23456 times)

January 07, 2018, 10:36:23 PM
Read 23456 times

JordanianEmbassy

I have to admit I'm not approaching this with any patience. If he's not great immediately I'm gonna throw my toys out of the pram. I want goals and I want them now.

Anyone care to talk some sense into me?

January 13, 2018, 01:48:08 AM
Reply #1

JordanianEmbassy

Official facebook page put out a video of him training today

He touches the ball once

Did he score?

If not sell him.

March 12, 2018, 01:36:08 AM
Reply #2

JordanianEmbassy

Unless I'm missing something Lukaku was the best striker I can remember at Everton since Lineker, it'll be a damn good player and an amazing slice of luck for us to get anyone near this quality. Just appreciate tosun for what he is, but he's not anywhere near the same league as lukaku at this moment in time and I doubt he ever will be but that doesn't mean he's bad.

For me, no way Lukaku was as good as Kevin Campbell before the bad injury he got. Campbells finishing was just as good, he was just as strong, and his touch, understanding of the game, movement off the ball and ability to bring others into play was much better than Roms. His attitude was also much better, which is important - I think Roms attitude was slightly poisonous to team spirit at times.

Kev wasn't quite the same after he came back from that injury, and the fact that he played for us for a good few years after that has clouded peoples memory of how good he was.

March 12, 2018, 01:26:24 PM
Reply #3

JordanianEmbassy

Haha. Someone said Kevin Campbell is better than Romelu Lukaku.

That's got to be one of the maddest shouts on here for a while. Comparable with thinking Scott Brown was the answer to our problems.

If you think Rom is slightly better then fair enough, if you think its mad then you are very confused.