September 24, 2019, 02:40:18 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 27237 times)

March 12, 2018, 04:36:38 PM
Reply #195

Macca77

He's the best Turkish player we've ever had

March 12, 2018, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #196

BlueMaquis

He's the best Turkish player we've ever had

Bit unfair on Ossie that

March 12, 2018, 05:35:13 PM
Reply #197

gizzblue

He's 3 goals away from his tally from last season. I'm going to predict he'll do more than "come close".

Your constant disingenuous view of Lukaku borders on bitterness.
Sure I've said before it's fuck all to do with you what 'I' think of players .👍.
Your opinion is your opinion .
is mine everyone else's ?...nope. ...and it's not bitter I just don't rate him as much as most is all .
Born not made a blue .

March 12, 2018, 05:40:38 PM
Reply #198

Jamokachi

Sure I've said before it's fuck all to do with you what 'I' think of players .👍.
Your opinion is your opinion .
is mine everyone else's ?...nope. ...and it's not bitter I just don't rate him as much as most is all .

You 'get' the purpose of a forum, right?

March 12, 2018, 05:45:48 PM
Reply #199

gizzblue

You 'get' the purpose of a forum, right?
Yeah I do but you seem to use it to let off steam on other posters constantly...your life must be quite dull outside .
Don't bother replying to this or any of my posts .. your toxicity is infectious and life is too short .
👍
Born not made a blue .

March 12, 2018, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #200

dazfrancis

Some mad shouts going on in here.

Anyway, just rewatched the goal again. He was heavily in involved in the build up to his goal which is really encouraging.

He came deep to pick up the ball, lay off to Baines, made a run to edge of the 18 yard box where Baines played it into him again. He played it back to Baines with a quick, accurate one touch pass. Baines did what Baines does best and picked him out nicely on the edge of the boss where Cenk finished the job with aplomb.

He looks like an intelligent player who is very economical with the ball. It remains to be seen how good he can be but if he can help us play our football with a bit more intelligence I have a feeling that will be very good news for us.

March 12, 2018, 07:36:26 PM
Reply #201

BlueForYou

Koeman would probably have bought him in January

Someone said that Ron could have signed him at the start of the season if he had been arsed

If he wasn't arsed it was because he thought getting Giroud was in the bag

But Telescopic Tosun was probably in his sights
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:49:07 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 13, 2018, 02:28:22 AM
Reply #202

Jamokachi

Yeah I do but you seem to use it to let off steam on other posters constantly...your life must be quite dull outside .
Don't bother replying to this or any of my posts .. your toxicity is infectious and life is too short .
👍

lolol

I'll reply to whatever I like, thanks.

There's a weird mentality that's developed on here over the last few months. Certain posters don't back up their points, but rather hide behind "that's my opinion, you can have yours". Great, that's true of anything in life, it doesn't mean opinions aren't wrong, and can't be called out.

Back to the original point, Lukaku will score more goals for Utd this season than he did for Everton last.

March 13, 2018, 03:55:32 AM
Reply #203

duncandisorderly

Yeah he looks like he could be really decent for us, good all round game, strong link up play and lay offs, maybe lacking a yard or two and of pace, but he looks like he can finish and seems to have a never say die attitude. Like to see another really good pacy winger come in to play off him with Walcott on the other side of a three, although maybe Lookman could do that if he improves.

March 13, 2018, 06:16:21 AM
Reply #204

YellowHold

Back to the original point, Lukaku will score more goals for Utd this season than he did for Everton last.

He's well short in league goals, and if you're counting every competition he's already played more games and still not scored as many yet.

He was always going to score at a lesser rate though, we built our entire attack around giving the ball to him and hope for him to do something.
He'd still be our best player by a mile if we still had him regardless.

March 13, 2018, 06:25:17 AM
Reply #205

Jamokachi

He's well short in league goals, and if you're counting every competition he's already played more games and still not scored as many yet.

He was always going to score at a lesser rate though, we built our entire attack around giving the ball to him and hope for him to do something.
He'd still be our best player by a mile if we still had him regardless.

Not questioning any of that, and don't disagree with it either. But, the point was made that he won't "get close" to last years tally, which he already is.

March 13, 2018, 06:39:54 AM
Reply #206

Shogun

Administrator
 Not buying he should get less because the team isn’t built around him.

He’s playing in a much better side who are favourites in almost every game.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:58:18 AM by Shogun »

March 13, 2018, 06:49:19 AM
Reply #207

YellowHold

Or buying he should get less because the team isnt built around him.

Hes playing in a much better side who are favourites in almost every game.

Don't think being in a team like that where most teams sit back against hoping to get a 0-0 draw is a positive change for him really, he's at his worst with his back to goal.

He's still going to be top scorer for a side probably finishing second, but he'll always be a much more effective player counter attacking rather than against teams playing deep.

March 13, 2018, 06:56:25 AM
Reply #208

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like we have a good penalty taker in Tuson. 22 out of 24 hes scored. Almost as good as Baines. Better than Rooney.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

March 13, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
Reply #209

Shogun

Administrator
Sounds like we have a good penalty taker in Tuson. 22 out of 24 hes scored. Almost as good as Baines. Better than Rooney.

Rooneys is only 70% and hes on our penalties.

Tbf to him, hes netted the two most important at Anfield and in the last minute at Brighton.